CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I want that helmet

Why didn't they make it based off chance which skins and helmets you get?

I still haven't unlocked a single piece of armour

I still haven't unlocked the H2 BR and I'm coming up on SR 100.

I didn't get my DMR until around 50.

I have now officially joined the PC Master Race! Xbox One for sale. I would like to thank 343 for their interesting design decisions and Microsoft's new Xbox Play Anywhere for making this happen.

Wp1oEL.jpgSmHGsE.png

Great build for ~$900! Though you could use a new monitor if im reading the specs right lol.

ATTENTION TRANSITIONING HALO PLAYERS!

If you need help building a PC visit this thread in the Technology forum on TeamBeyond! Feel free to post an ask questions!

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8988-zeruels-ultimate-gaming-pc-build-guide-thread-2015/

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great build for ~$900! Though you could use a new monitor if im reading the specs right lol.

Did a stealthy update before you posted. That speccy was from when I was testing it at work. Updated it with my monitors (two 24" 1080p LED BenQ's). And yeah, I'm confident that I did the best build possible for the best price. The only thing I splurged on was the Blu-Ray drive but that was only so I wouldn't feel bad about selling my Xbox One since that was literally the only thing that it was useful for.

The only things I want to add is a third fan at the bottom of the disk drives to reach under my graphics card since I have a Low/Medium/High switch on the back with three fan connectors and I'm only using two, and I want to get the same 2TB HDD as a backup.

I want that helmet

Why didn't they make it based off chance which skins and helmets you get?

I still haven't unlocked a single piece of armour

I got mine from that Spartan Company REQ pack from pre-release.

Very common helmet.

I have now officially joined the PC Master Race! Xbox One for sale. I would like to thank 343 for their interesting design decisions and Microsoft's new Xbox Play Anywhere for making this happen.

ABFaLb.jpg

What program do you use to take a screenshot of your specs*. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wp1oEL.jpgABFaLb.jpg

Nice, where'd you go to take the screenshot of your specs? I just joined the master race and I want a similar list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since this was posted, I am urged to post mine. Probably would not have if not for this post lol. CPU is a 4690k, GPU is a 970. Admiring your 450GB SSD though, mines only 120GB.

Also, is it DDR3 or DDR4 RAM? (Skylake unofficially supports DDR3) Those timings seem high, so I assume it is DDR4.

RULPMmK.jpgU4ZNhfI.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@arglactable

LMAO at some of the replies in the threads on Waypoint were you posted. Luke presented valid points as to why WZF is flawed, and yet you have infamous Steve "The Halo God" saying to "git gud" and resident shill Nooga with his one line responses. All of Nooga's posts have no weight behind them and just make him out to be a massive 343 fanboy. He reminds me of a few super pro 343 posters from Waypoint that were active from November to February until they mysteriously disappeared.

Is this a "post your specs" thread now?

I swear it's Halo related... I plan to play Halo 6 on this!

0zLExrF.jpg

mQivhcH.png

(Yes it's DDR4 and yes that's the integrated GPU - I plan to upgrade to a non-reference RX 480 when they are out/cheaper).

Build cost me $450 USD including a not-listed EVO CPU Cooler. GPU will cost me another $250 USD or possibly less if there's deals on Black Friday. $700 USD total. I already had a case, fans, SSD, and DVD drive from an old PC and the SSD was in my laptop.

It's easy and cheap to join the master race guys. You're probably gonna upgrade to a new personal use PC for at least $300 anyway. Might as well splurge your $400 Xbox budget on a gaming PC that will blow an Xbox out of the water.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is this a "post your specs" thread now?

I swear it's Halo related... I plan to play Halo 6 on this!

(Yes it's DDR4 and yes that's the integrated GPU - I plan to upgrade to a non-reference RX 480 when they are out/cheaper).

Build cost me $450 USD including a not-listed EVO CPU Cooler. GPU will cost me another $250 USD or possibly less if there's deals on Black Friday. $700 USD total. I already had a case, fans, SSD, and DVD drive from an old PC and the SSD was in my laptop.

It's easy and cheap to join the master race guys. You're probably gonna upgrade to a new personal use PC for at least $300 anyway. Might as well splurge your $400 Xbox budget on a gaming PC that will blow an Xbox out of the water.

Cringe at that case. Spec wise its solid though especially once you get a GPU.

i love my 970, does everything and then some

get a better cooler for your CPU, they are cheap 

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_t_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5T702EN0XTVZH7FNSRGY

I committed suicide like 4 times on purpose just to annoy a bunch of friends, but then got kicked out of the game.

And because I got kicked out of the game, I got banned 30 min.

b01.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I committed suicide like 4 times on purpose just to annoy a bunch of friends, but then got kicked out of the game.

And because I got kicked out of the game, I got banned 30 min.

b01.png

Don't cha know? You're not allowed to have fun.

You can't forget LethalQ telling people to go buy REQ packs.

LethalP is my favorite Waypointer by far. Insisting that H5's weapon balance is perfect and people are just upset that Halo isn't a one weapon game now while he only plays FFA (which he informed me is the most skillful playlist) and gets most of his kills with AR/melee. lol. What winner.

LethalP is my favorite Waypointer by far. Insisting that H5's weapon balance is perfect and people are just upset that Halo isn't a one weapon game now while he only plays FFA (which he informed me is the most skillful playlist) and gets most of his kills with AR/melee. lol. What winner.

LethalQ is not as bad as some others. He transitioned from being a total fanboy to a moderate fanboy. He's better than many others now.

PC nerd thread thread stuff

I am definitely planning on doing that. My current PC is old AF and what with Microsoft actually approaching Win10 as a gaming platform, it seems like a great time to transition. I must admit that I am a sucker for the XBL Gamerscore system (steam achievements are trash). I also need a better rig for non-gaming stuff anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am definitely planning on doing that. My current PC is old AF and what with Microsoft actually approaching Win10 as a gaming platform, it seems like a great time to transition. I must admit that I am a sucker for the XBL Gamerscore system (steam achievements are trash). I also need a better rig for non-gaming stuff anyway.

I'm pretty sure that XBL gamerscore is the exact same for Xbox games on PC. And yes, Steam achievements are boring af, there's zero charm to them.

I'm pretty sure that XBL gamerscore is the exact same for Xbox games on PC. And yes, Steam achievements are boring af, there's zero charm to them.

Yeah, it is. That's part of the reason I hope Microsoft does it properly this time as opposed to the GFWL mess that they dropped like a bad habit. I like my Xbox ePeen. And with Halo 6 on PC, there is good potential for a PC community that just tells 343 to fuck off and customizes it into something good. Then again, 343 could do a complete 180 and make a real Halo game, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for that.

LethalQ is not as bad as some others. He transitioned from being a total fanboy to a moderate fanboy. He's better than many others now.

Maybe it's just because he posts so much that he particularly grates on me, but I will admit that at least he TRIES to make coherent arguments even if he fails. Unlike that Nooga idiot who literally just quotes pro-343 posts and says "This." I can't stand that kind of stupid shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe it's just because he posts so much that he particularly grates on me, but I will admit that at least he TRIES to make coherent arguments even if he fails. Unlike that Nooga idiot who literally just quotes pro-343 posts and says "This." I can't stand that kind of stupid shit.

What makes it worse is that Nooga is 30, and can't seem to provide any arguments other than said one word/line answers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, it is. That's part of the reason I hope Microsoft does it properly this time as opposed to the GFWL mess that they dropped like a bad habit. I like my Xbox ePeen. And with Halo 6 on PC, there is good potential for a PC community that just tells 343 to fuck off and customizes it into something good. Then again, 343 could do a complete 180 and make a real Halo game, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for that.

Yeah I have zero hope for 343, I really do. As for the Windows Store, the place needs to be revamped desperately. Currently, it's more of a mobile app store on a PC than it is a PC gaming store. I hope they make some major changes before this holiday season for Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a lot of people have mentioned that the aiming changes from game to game and frequently feels more sluggish. I believe this is some sort of graphics problem with the game. I have noticed several times that as a game progresses, the aiming will start to feel sluggish.

From reading the HWC thread, it appears that it was Contra who discovered that pressing start seems to fix the sluggishness. Other pros like Lethul have been using this "fix." I recently began using it and it does work. It isn't a placebo. The change is very noticeable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cringe at that case. Spec wise its solid though especially once you get a GPU.

It was either spend 50-100 for a new case with better cable management and slots or use the old one which is basically a box with fans... But is free.

For cheap bastards like me who spend 30 bucks on a mobo, the choice was easy!