CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

There are times when the servers crashes or it takes a second but overall its been fine as for people complaining about stuff

1. sprint isnt a big deal often times when people use it to sprint right into a firefight they die and because of the no shields its ALOT harder for them to get away its good for moving about the map though i know people say its close to to COD but come on its flipping sprinting

2. ADS yes it looks like CODs no doubt but unlike cods it doesnt mess with your movement or accuracy all guns have them but your never really going to use it with close range guns because of descope its good for long distance quick kills before you get into fire fights and in that way its just a different look to the old zoom

3.not really having an issue with flinch but id be good if it goes

4.clamber agian yes its something in COD but they again are not first ones to use it and its actually helpful with moving around the map and get up quick skill jumps are still there but clamber helps

overall im really enjoying the beta things certainly need tweaking but it still feels very halo and has alot of classic halo moments in it i was just playing COD with a friend this morning waiting for the beta just so i could compare the two and at no time did i feel like i was playing COD my only things with the abilities charge and ground pound are useless most of the time they take the right time and position to be of use not necessary a bad thing but could probably do with something different or just taking them away

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Enjoy the honeymoon phase while it lasts. This game is nothing but a spray and pray clusterfuck of a game. Everything about this game is bad. The sounds are terrible. The lighting and over textured maps are terrible. It's arguably more clunky than H3 and it feels as if the base movement speed is just as slow as well. Sure, it has low aim assist, but the bullet magnetism is atrocious. How can you not go from playing CE or H2 and not see how this game is completely broken? It's really really bad guys. Everyone played the H3 beta and the halo reach beta and thought it would be good but how did it turn out? Halo is done guys. This is finally the last thing that has truly convinced me of that. As of now, all the hope that I once had is gone. I wish I could say that at least we have the MCC but that's been almost out for 2 months and it's still broken. 343 screwed us over :(

You've posted that you hate this game 50 times, we get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I expect they'll do that at population count 43,247  :kappa:

Meanwhile in CoD AW

3,000,000 players online.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Meanwhile in CoD AW

3,000,000 players online.

Where are you getting these fucking numbers from?

It doesn't have a population counter.

• Upvote (+1) 5

One thing I'm loving about this beta, or Empire specifically, is that you can tell the map is designed for gameplay and not aesthetics. In Halo 4 the maps were all made to look cool and make aesthetic sense, here walkways come out of window ledges and don't make sense aesthetically, but make sense in terms of gameplay.

Gameplay > Aesthetic any day

The way it plays atm is all mechanics, just look at the structues and the jumps/pathways

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things I hate

- I CAN'T GANDHI HOP ANYMORE!!!! Do something about it please. Crouch jumping is second nature to MANY of us. Ground Pound could find another button but Not the crouch button. Its SO annoying

- We were told Flinch wouldn't make a return. What ever happened to that?

- The super melee is cheese. Every time I do it, its accidental and takes me to 3rd person. WHY 3rd person? What happened to "Immersion"?

- Take sprint out, but since it won't happen, at least let me sprint after I do an action. I literally have to wait a second or 2 just to start sprinting again. it feels bad. I remember in reach and maybe 4 I could jump, reload and press the sprint button before landing and it would automatically start sprinting. It felt natural. Now I have to keep mashing 'a' (sprint) until he reacts.

- Same thing as above, but with scoping. R.I.P 'YY'. I should NOT wait 1-2 seconds after pulling out my weapon to shoot.

- Scoping in with the Sniper and DMR feels bad. I get lost every time I scope in with them. especially with the DMR.

- The Sniper's rate of fire is way too slow, zooming feels terrible, And looks awful. Nobody liked the H4 sniper. Why bring it back? At least ad textures. Its so dull but I will expect it to look good next year cuz c'mon. Its the Sniper rifle.

- The prophet's light bulb is too bright.

- minor framerate issues on Empire.

- The Bro scene is a nono.

- AR and smg too OP. Not too much tho.

- The pistol's ridicule must stay the same when zoomed. At least similar.

Thing I love

- The Map 'Truth'. the way it plays and the way it looks. Mostly the way it looks.

-The BR.

-UI

- Thrusters. Even more without sprint.

- I honestly like the stabilizers but it Cannot freeze you THAT dramatically.

- everything else :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

Haven't played a game yet. Keep finding players and then it sits on "Loading Slayer" and won't actually load the game.

:(

Prophets bane is a sick joke. Should be replaced by a regular energy sword.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go on...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just tone down the brightness and it'll be fine

Left trigger to aim in Halo makes me feel sick.

Better change your control scheme then. We don't want you throwing up all over the place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Left trigger to aim in Halo makes me feel sick.

Guess who's adapted to that and scope delay though? Desticles. :kappa:

Who let dis guy in huh?

That avatar doesn't belong to you. There's only one person whom can have a mustach bomb...

I think the game will feel a lot less clunky with simple weapon improvements that you've all been talking about (Flinch, ADS/smartscope, sniper scope, etc.). The movement is fairly smooth, although most AA's need improvements to work more fluidly.

I'm expecting Breakout, at least in crossfire and hopefully on the other map, to have smooth, controlled, and overall great gameplay!

I just got excited because the game finally failed and disconnected from the servers allowing me to back out. 

I'm done. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'm sick of getting sniped acoss the map with those fucking automatic weapons. Which genius thought it was a great idea to make the AR and SMG so fucking strong? almost all my deaths come from me almost about to kill someone then I get AR'd in the back from someone across the map in "smart scope"....shit is annoying. These scrubs have radar and sprint, how much easier can one make the beta for them?

will it be just as fun if you went 7 and 18?

Well obviously it's fun when you're doing well/winning... but no matter how I've done in any of the matches I've played so far, I've had a lot of fun. Even when I couldn't get anything going. I'm really enjoying the mechanics, some even more than I thought I would. Love the Thruster Pack! Maps are well designed for the gameplay/new abilities. Ground-Pounds really do feel like a risk/reward type maneuver. Sprint isn't as big of an issue IMO with its new implementation... Game's pretty sick...

So yeah, personally, I'm really liking it... There are things I haven't liked too, like the slight bit of Flinch that seems to be there and the slow scoping-in mechanic, but the core game is great. I think they have the game in a good place. The community feedback will help in fine-tuning the things that need it and we'll have a good game come next Fall. The fixes seem relatively minor and some will naturally come with more development time (bugs/stability issues).

Just my initial impressions after 10-12 games... For the most part, it's kinda what I wanted Halo 5 to be, honestly. I can see myself playing this game a lot. It's WAYYYY better than Halo 4...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else having trouble searching with friends?

Was just trying to play with a friend and we keep getting kicked due to server issues, he just searched solo and found a game pretty quick.

So me and my friends haven't lost a game playing together, pro and semi pro ranks.

Our tool of destruction is the AR. Bad sign? The strength of the automatics is my #1 grief.

Also teams match singles. We matched walshy searching solo :(.

Magnum should be a 4sk. Its way harder to use than the AR, and should kill much faster. Instead it can't compete with the AR at close range or the BR at MID range.

Geez I wish there was an option to turn off ground pound. If I had a dollar for every time I accidentally tried to ground pounded mid battle....

Go on...

The speed boost coupled with lunge, thruster and sprint is insane. But OP if you ask me.