CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The voice acting in Firefight is hilarious.

"You're the last boots on the ground."

Well obviously, we just got drop-podded in. Or we're in a Pelican and aren't even on the ground yet.

"Warden Eternal is down! Hopefully for the last time."

followed by

"Ending simulation"

"Only a couple targets left"

10 enemies remaining.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also I'm curious. How would you guys go about changing the bosses to where they're not bullet sponges? The idea isn't so that 1 or 2 of you can take them on but the whole team come together as if it was an MMO raid and focus on weak spots and not blindly fire at the boss wherever.

Get rid of the single "150 VP" bosses. Spawn hordes of "normal" enemies instead, i.e. a bunch of (Halo 2) jackal snipers in the cliffs overlooking a certain area, or a bunch of elites in/around the center base. Each individual enemy is worth 20 VP, but at eight or ten total enemies, a team that is able to kill all of those enemies rewarded with points equivalent to what you get now for grinding out a kill against warden eternal or that shitstain grunt mech. And if you're only able to kill 6 of 8 or 8 of 10 or whatever, you'll still be rewarded accordingly, instead of Halo 5's dog shit where the team lucky enough to get the killing BR shot gets all the points.

The flood would be really good for this, actually. If there is one thing flood combat forms have never been in Halo, it's damage sponges. They are all offense, all the time. And, you can give them any weapons you want. Rocket flood, shotgun flood, void's tear flood, etc. Presto, you now have much faster and much more intense encounters for "boss" points in the place of the pitifully boring bullshit you have now.

I don't really care if that's not "the idea" or "343's vision" or whatever - the current bosses are excruciatingly boring and unpleasant to play against. Halo's not a game that's meant for MMO raids and I am flabbergasted that anyone would think that it is.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The amount of bad noobs in Firefight is ridiculous. People trying to sword knights and people getting 3 normal kills and no boss kills an entire match.

Get rid of the single "150 VP" bosses. Spawn hordes of "normal" enemies instead, i.e. a bunch of (Halo 2) jackal snipers in the cliffs overlooking a certain area, or a bunch of elites in/around the center base. Each individual enemy is worth 20 VP, but at eight or ten total enemies, a team that is able to kill all of those enemies rewarded with points equivalent to what you get now for grinding out a kill against warden eternal or that shitstain grunt mech. And if you're only able to kill 6 of 8 or 8 of 10 or whatever, you'll still be rewarded accordingly, instead of Halo 5's dog shit where the team lucky enough to get the killing BR shot gets all the points.

The flood would be really good for this, actually. If there is one thing flood combat forms have never been in Halo, it's damage sponges. They are all offense, all the time. And, you can give them any weapons you want. Rocket flood, shotgun flood, void's tear flood, etc. Presto, you now have much faster and much more intense encounters for "boss" points in the place of the pitifully boring bullshit you have now.

I don't really care if that's not "the idea" or "343's vision" or whatever - the current bosses are excruciatingly boring and unpleasant to play against. Halo's not a game that's meant for MMO raids and I am flabbergasted that anyone would think that it is.

I absolutely agree with this. When they said Warzone was "Player vs Player with AI" I thought it would be Titanfall-esque in that there were marines fighting for both sides (not just three in each base) and the map would have some heavy battles. I'd love to see some Jackal snipers and some Elite Spec Ops jet-packers rolling around some of these maps. Not one or two, but like ten as you say. And put them in heavy contested zone. Make five phantoms roll in and drop of a heap of covenant smack bang in the middle for a bunch of free points. 

You're flood idea is awesome, imagine a map where halfway through the game an infected spaceship falls from the sky, changing the map completely and adding a large amount of flood AI. The battle would get so messy and fun.

I would play THAT warzone. The current "people-who-play-the-most-use-whiplash-and-snipers-all-game" is so boring. 

I absolutely agree with this. When they said Warzone was "Player vs Player with AI" I thought it would be Titanfall-esque in that there were marines fighting for both sides (not just three in each base) and the map would have some heavy battles. I'd love to see some Jackal snipers and some Elite Spec Ops jet-packers rolling around some of these maps. Not one or two, but like ten as you say. And put them in heavy contested zone. Make five phantoms roll in and drop of a heap of covenant smack bang in the middle for a bunch of free points.

You're flood idea is awesome, imagine a map where halfway through the game an infected spaceship falls from the sky, changing the map completely and adding a large amount of flood AI. The battle would get so messy and fun.

I would play THAT warzone. The current "people-who-play-the-most-use-whiplash-and-snipers-all-game" is so boring.

They can clearly put a bunch of AI on the map when there are 8 players. Even warzone firefight versus would be sick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People will be playing Halo 5 in the Fall.

You mean people will barely be playing Halo 5 in the Fall.

At least the campaign has "evolved"

We may never get a true sequel to CE, but at least the campaign is going in a better direction imo

I'm actually enjoying the campaign

The map design and look is really something else compared to Reach and Halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Liked reachs maps better to be honest, like the invasion ones, powerhouse, and most of the remakes, although that game has some real shitty ones like sword base.

People will be playing Halo 5 in the Fall.

By fall more people will be playing Halo Reach than Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We may never get a true sequel to CE, but at least the campaign is going in a better direction imo

You're kidding right? Aside from aesthetics (which is simply a product of better technology), the H5 campaign is by far the worst campaign in the Halo series. It was a huge let down.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lol Halo 5's campaign is atrocious. They had precisely zero interest in making a 'Halo' campaign and it shows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is even so good about Halo 5's Campaign?  And I'm ignoring all the faults of the story and just focusing on the other aspects.  Bland Promethean enemies, poor weapon distribution in the missions, okay level design.  It's not awful but it's not exceptional either.

What is even so good about Halo 5's Campaign?  And I'm ignoring all the faults of the story and just focusing on the other aspects.  Bland Promethean enemies, poor weapon distribution in the missions, okay level design.  It's not awful but it's not exceptional either.

I just ask myself one question, am I itching to play again? Even a little bit?

I just ask myself one question, am I itching to play again? Even a little bit?

I was itching to get those achievements, which took me 1 play-through of the first mission on Heroic, two skulls for the 3 scoring-related ones and one on easy for the par time. Otherwise, no. Still need that pointless co-op one, though.

I randomly lag out of games / the servers crash and kick me back to lobby, happens at least once a day and Giving me free Losses 

and my internet is 90 and 8 so i should be good 

Anyone else ever get this ?

You're kidding right? Aside from aesthetics (which is simply a product of better technology), the H5 campaign is by far the worst campaign in the Halo series. It was a huge let down.

Better than reach's and halo 4

man....Ive been 100% convinced this game has no sense of personal style or skill to be displayed which makes it boring....but for the first time in forever im checking out a few streams and holy shit, danoxide specifically, the way this guy moves makes me like this game so much more just by seeing whats actually possible with more knowledge.

really good shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Better than Reach's????? What? No way in hell. But hey, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Reach's campaign was boring as fuck

It's also hard to get into it when it's about a story of all the main characters dying it

It was like playing a filler

Lol Halo 5's campaign is atrocious. They had precisely zero interest in making a 'Halo' campaign and it shows.

A 'Halo' campaign? What's that supposed to mean?

The only real halo is CE. The rest differ

CE>H3>H2>H5>H4>Reach

H5's campaign has the best on foot level design in the series. It lacks the massive vehicle sections and the story is poor but the base gameplay is superb.

Also the art design is absolutely gorgeous, Sanghelios is one of the best looking environments in a Halo game IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1