CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Lol

Ok

Maybe restructuring of ranked and social but that's really it. Grifball isn't going anywhere. Infection isn't going anywhere. If Breakout hasn't left then I doubt it ever will because of how much when into it. If Action Sack becomes a thing it'll most likely be popular and overstay its welcome to. 

We, myself included, have been pushing what @@Infinity posted earlier since months before launch. I'm just being realistic at this point and enjoying what's given to us now.

Didn't 343 say they built the new WZA map from te ground up? Because it's honestly pretty bad. I don't know what their obsession is with putting bases in no mans land is, but it's making playing on offense a really shitty experience. Do they not understand how annoying it is to have to push into the open (which stops you from shooting lol sprint) while the enemy teams lap has high ground AND can shoot you from everywhere off spawn? That bridge that the defenders spawn on is also head glitch heaven.

I don't know, I guess people like wide open maps that completely leave you defenseless against vehicles, especially flying ones, and attacks from everywhere. It's like they didn't learn their lesson from Urban or Array.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe restructuring of ranked and social but that's really it. Grifball isn't going anywhere. Infection isn't going anywhere. If Breakout hasn't left then I doubt it ever will because of how much when into it. If Action Sack becomes a thing it'll most likely be popular and overstay its welcome to.

We, myself included, have been pushing what @@Infinity posted earlier since months before launch. I'm just being realistic at this point and enjoying what's given to us now.

The playlists are trash. No snipes for the fans of that, no dubs, and everything is ranked. Infection is a waste of a spot and should just be action sack. There are so many things that can be improved being "realistic" is just a cop out.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

If there's one thing that will bring me back to H5, it will be the file browser. Looked great and it's all on the cloud. Custom games for dayssssssss

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I think anything that reminds 343/M S about the Halo trilogys success is one more nail for their coffin. That they can not do better than the old games (forge excluded).

That might explain why they stopped their support for MCC or it was some Corporate BS or business move, honestly idk & I doubt we ever get any good explanation what truly happened which is sad.

Btw thanks for the explanation that you can use Forge with Silver membership :)

Launched my xbone & H5 tried to go Forging only to find out that it needs Gold memebership... just why..

I'm not sure if you're referring to what I said, but I meant that H5 on PC would likely not require gold. Unfortunately for Xbone users, any instance of Halo 5 outside of campaign (apparently) requires dedi's, and therefore Gold.

Snip

While I don't agree at all that the playlists are "fine", I can't really agree with the basic idea of this post either. 

Halo's default slayer gameplay has never, ever been the major component of its widespread image. Halo's popularity was created by its campaign, its online multiplayer, and its customization, in that chronological order (with maybe the montage scene thrown in there between '05 and '08). The fact that Halo 3 had a bunch of playlists didn't prevent it from being the biggest Halo ever and didn't prevent people from buying and selling 50s, either. To be frank, I have never once heard someone in any casual arena of Halo fandom (B.net/Waypoint/rHalo/etc.) complain about a wide variety of MM playlists. 

There's also the fact that Halo has been a follower, not a leader, in gameplay innovation ever since Halo 3. Halo is not going to sell on a unified vision because it doesn't have a unique experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

There's no doubles. No social slayer. No multi team. No action sack. No actual social. The "competitive playlist" has radar. There's no party restrictions in ranked. No community maps list. No classic list. No snipers. BTB is all forge maps.

The management is pretty much as bad as it can possibly be. It's nowhere near good. The playlist management is probably the worst thing about the entire game.

Doubles is still there. Don't worry about your rank in Slayer or just wait it out. They just put up threads on Waypoint for suggestions on Community maps for all playlists. We're not getting dev BTB maps, which would be a waste with how good forge is, until at least when updates start back up again. Classic playlist will fail miserably like it has since Reach. I'll agree with you on Snipers. Don't worry who you match or how sweaty they are in "social" playlists and you'll have a much better time.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Just a reminder that we can discuss halo without insulting others. 

It's possible that 343 can't remove the Breakout playlist because they showcased it so heavily before launch. They could get into legal trouble for false advertising.

Then again, Halo 5's marketing for Campaign was the biggest [misdirection] in [advertising] history (rivaled only by MCC), so perhaps not.

1. Doubles is here for what? Two more days? Unacceptable. Should be a permanent ranked list with party restrictions. There is absolutely no reason a playlist with max party size of TWO cannot have party restrictions.

2. "Not worrying" does not change how a playlist functions. Plus even if I "stopped caring (and ruined games for teammates trying to win) that would just make it so I no longer have access to high ranked slayer when I want that. Halo used to be about choice.

3. Community maps in a playlist is not the same thing as a community maps list. Reach had two of these. It's a much better temp list than what we usually get.

4. Dev btb maps are a waste? I'm not even going to dignify that with a real response.

5. What does fail even mean? A playlist with actual social MM can function with like 20 people searching. Plus comparing reach custom options and forge to h5's is night and day. H5 could muster up a really good "classic" experience. Reach's was really, really rough.

I guess I just got over it and am not stressing out because of something not happening.

I'm not sure if you're referring to what I said, but I meant that H5 on PC would likely not require gold. Unfortunately for Xbone users, any instance of Halo 5 outside of campaign (apparently) requires dedi's, and therefore Gold.

Ah lol my bad :D But yeah I doubt that PC players would even be willing to pay Gold mambership if it were required for PC.

If anyone wants to team up for the doubles tournament reply or PM me.

Might as well get one tourney in while this game is free lol.

@@Basu ?

Stuff about consistent multiplayer identity.

I mostly agree with your playlist set-up. That doesn't mean that 343 can just get away from canning large parts of what people associate with the series 343 inherited and didn't create. I know a lot of people have already mentioned this, but they could get away with a more "streamlined vision and identity" for their game if they had half decent social features, didn't cram an awful game mode into their competitive "vision," and didn't build the game primarily around the least Halo game mode in the history of the series (Warzone). Like a custom games browser and a file browser.

Yup, I went through and removed 8-10 people. I'll be accepting people primarily through this thread.

Active players who play Arena and Warzone preferably, spots can also go to well-established community members.

Can I get a spot? I would probably play the game more if I had more people to play (doubles) with and an actual goal. It really annoys me that I don't have that God damned Achilles helmet, especially after being so close before getting the boot from my last company. I don't know why. It's that little space in the completion radial. It's awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If anyone wants to team up for the doubles tournament reply or PM me.

Might as well get one tourney in while this game is free lol.

@@Basu ?

Hey man I would love to, but I have to go back to studying now that the weekend is over and by the time I'm free again the H5 trial will be over. (I'm not gonna buy the game lol). Sorry to let you down.

Slayer on Empire is the bane of my existence.. man, something about that map really irks me. It's so campy and stagnant, don't know how else to explain it. 

While I don't agree at all that the playlists are "fine", I can't really agree with the basic idea of this post either. 

Halo's default slayer gameplay has never, ever been the major component of its widespread image. Halo's popularity was created by its campaign, its online multiplayer, and its customization, in that chronological order (with maybe the montage scene thrown in there between '05 and '08). The fact that Halo 3 had a bunch of playlists didn't prevent it from being the biggest Halo ever and didn't prevent people from buying and selling 50s, either. To be frank, I have never once heard someone in any casual arena of Halo fandom (B.net/Waypoint/rHalo/etc.) complain about a wide variety of MM playlists. 

There's also the fact that Halo has been a follower, not a leader, in gameplay innovation ever since Halo 3. Halo is not going to sell on a unified vision because it doesn't have a unique experience. 

h3 didnt do much new in terms of gameplay but i wouldnt say it was following other games, unless youre counting halo 2.

Slayer on Empire is the bane of my existence.. man, something about that map really irks me. It's so campy and stagnant, don't know how else to explain it.

I would rather get stomped on by pros and AMs in Team Arena than deal with some of the cheese you encounter in the Slayer playlist. I think Riptide singlehandedly made me just quit the slayer playlist altogether lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's no doubles. No social slayer. No multi team. No action sack. No actual social. The "competitive playlist" has radar. There's no party restrictions in ranked. No community maps list. No classic list. No snipers. BTB is all forge maps.

The management is pretty much as bad as it can possibly be. It's nowhere near good. The playlist management is probably the worst thing about the entire game.

Exactly, this is one of, if not the biggest problem with H5.

It's possible that 343 can't remove the Breakout playlist because they showcased it so heavily before launch. They could get into legal trouble for false advertising.

I bet they have lots of reasons that boil down to "We like Breakout, it's staying."

They should at least be tweaking it, or adding variants, if not outright removing it to make way for a more popular permanent list.

h3 didnt do much new in terms of gameplay but i wouldnt say it was following other games, unless youre counting halo 2.

It hinted at going down the COD path with all the useless equipment. That's where this disease started. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It hinted at going down the COD path with all the useless equipment. That's where this disease started.

I guess it hinted at Call of Duty when it had guns in too XP

I don't remember cod having anything like one time map pick ups like the power drain or grav lift.

i can sort of see the argument for AAs since it was basically in the perk like format, although if I'm being fair, this was before most games were going off the deep end with abilities I think, but I would agree that this is where it was apparent that halo was sort of following more modern games at least a little bit.