CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Geeze, I still think CE's campaign isn't as good as 3/2/4.

3 is a masterpiece. I doubt anything in a game will get me as hyped as blowing up two scarabs, fighting alongside The Flood, the rescuing Cortana. I also love Cortana the level. Fight me. 

I won't argue that Halo 3 has the best setpiece moments of the series. But that's mostly based on vehicle sections, whereas the moment to moment shooting gameplay in between those vehicle sections isn't as good imo.

The beach landing in Silent Cartographer and the escape in The Maw is fucking awesome. And the tank section in AotCR is really good. The first room in the ship in T&R too. So yeah I don't understand complaints about it being "bland".

Holy shit. You're going to need a GOLD MEMBERSHIP to use Halo 5 Forge on PC. What the fuck 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy shit. You're going to need a GOLD MEMBERSHIP to use Halo 5 Forge on PC. What the fuck 343i.

He said he didn't know for sure.

Does anybody know if Gears of War: Ultimate Edition requires gold membership? The answer for that is likely the same for Halo 5.

Another good question. There's still hope for classic game modes coming back.

He said he didn't know for sure.

Does anybody know if Gears of War: Ultimate Edition requires gold membership? The answer for that is likely the same for Halo 5.

It doesn't, all you need is a silver account to play multiplayer. I doubt Halo 5 will be any different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I'm giving it a bigger shot today than I did months ago guys and I just can't take this shit seriously. This game hands out headshots like candy. I'm aiming at a guy's back torso and it gives me a headshot. Well at least it disincentives sprint I guess? Do people really think the pistol takes skill in this game though? I guess compared to most of the other rifle pickups which are redundant but give you an advantage over anyone who just has a pistol. The pistol needs to be harder to use and get a buff to 4sk if we're gonna keep all these redundant utility weapons.

Oh and fuck the aiming for CQB. It's not completely terrible outside of 15 feet but in close I want to just kill myself and get it over with.

EDIT: Also the sticky aim is like lock on from Goldeneye. Doesn't feel low at all to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now I am stuck in a WZFF game, and can't spawn REQs. Thanks 343i. Great game you made here.

We should gather TB firefight lobbies now that the company tab actually works. I won 3 games in a row after inviting two random to make a party of 4. A real party of 8 could roll on through (so long as they're not stingy on req usage).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Geeze, I still think CE's campaign isn't as good as 3/2/4.

3 is a masterpiece. I doubt anything in a game will get me as hyped as blowing up two scarabs, fighting alongside The Flood, the rescuing Cortana. I also love Cortana the level. Fight me.

I think another thing hce has going for it was graphics. When HCE laughed it was mind blowing. Industry leading visuals. When h3 launched it looked kinda shitty. We had had gears on consoles. We had had crisis on PC. H3 was meh at best.

We should gather TB firefight lobbies now that the company tab actually works. I won 3 games in a row after inviting two random to make a party of 4. A real party of 8 could roll on through (so long as they're not stingy on req usage).

I was thinking the same thing....finished all my REQs so i have plenty of items not sold

I'll start inviting the Beyond crew when I'm about to play some FF, which incidentally is right about meow.

I'll start inviting the Beyond crew when I'm about to play some FF, which incidentally is right about meow.

Sorry I left. I was supposed to play with a friend on another game. I'll play next time.

It doesn't, all you need is a silver account to play multiplayer. I doubt Halo 5 will be any different.

There we go.

So I watched the RTX rebroadcast, and Kiki buzzkill should not be on these panels. You can just tell right away that she doesn't care about any of this lol

Tom French tho.. fucking on point as always.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I watched the RTX rebroadcast, and Kiki buzzkill should not be on these panels. You can just tell right away that she doesn't care about any of this lol

Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-02.jpg

• Downvote (-1) 2

Throwing out my playlists since I haven't in a while and the current lineup is tilting me into another dimension with how sloppy they are @@Deez @@Sal1ent

Ranked

• Team Arena (4v4, HCS)
  • Team Doubles (Community + Dev Maps)
  • Free-for-All

Social

• Slayer (4v4, can also include Community maps)
  • Breakout*
  • SWAT
  • Big Team Battle

Rotational (Double XP and/or REQ Pack Rewards, Weekly and/or Weekend)

• Community Arena
  • Action Sack
  • Race
  • Grifball
  • Infection
  • Snipers
  • Rumble Rockets
  • Breakout*
  • & more

*Breakout could be permanent or rotational based on population

**Rotational lists would be Weekly or Weekend-only based on popularity and severity of niche (Snipers = Weekly, Grifball = Weekend with better rewards)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Throwing out my playlists since I haven't in a while and the current lineup is tilting me into another dimension with how sloppy they are @@Deez @@Sal1ent

Ranked

• Team Arena (4v4, HCS)
  • Team Doubles (Community + Dev Maps)
  • Free-for-All

Social

• Slayer (4v4, can also include Community maps)
  • Breakout*
  • SWAT
  • Big Team Battle

Rotational (Double XP and/or REQ Pack Rewards, Weekly and/or Weekend)

• Community Arena
  • Action Sack
  • Race
  • Grifball
  • Infection
  • Snipers
  • Rumble Rockets
  • Breakout*
  • & more

*Breakout could be permanent or rotational based on population

**Rotational lists would be Weekly or Weekend-only based on popularity and severity of niche (Snipers = Weekly, Grifball = Weekend with better rewards)

Yeah, Infection is never going away. 

Playlists are fine. Maybe they need better organization in the UI but they're fine.

• Downvote (-1) 4