CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't see the point of playing when most people quit if they're losing.

Had a whole team quit on empire before the second round of snipers even spawned. 

I don't see the point of playing when most people quit if they're losing.

I'm going to be real.

I've played 22 games today, won 18 of them, in which many were steaks. I have not had a single player on either team quit out today. Maybe crazy good luck, but seriously, not a single player quit.

Been playing since the servers came up (never had early access). 

I've now gotten used to the movement, new abilities and whatnot. The game is kinda fun because there's a ranking system and there's a definite skill gap in the shooting. 

But, Sprint and Flinch definitely need to go. Sprint just really, really ruins the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They literately made no improvements gameplay wise

When they had so much feedback from early access players.

So lame that they still did not nerf the ARs and remove flinch...

7.8GB update with nothing.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Did you really think they're going to halt development of the game to patch a version of the game that was outdated long before we got our hands on it?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait you expected major changes after 2 days of people playing in order to get reviews/previews?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because a week of dev time is going to fix everything especially during the Christmas holidays. Most likely that update was already planned and in the works before early access started.

So after 2 games (I know, not much) this is my first impression.

UI:
Spartan Animation Resets when changing primary/secondary color.
Going into visor then out puts you at the top of menu and not at visor.
Invite to party/game from friends list brings up list of friends to invite. Should just invite the friend already selected.
Should be able to change tertiary color as well (from black).
Royal Blue (xbox live blue theme color) should be added to color list.
Allow 3 or 4 characters for service tag and not just 4.
Under friend's service record, show the time played/games won/games played/medals earned under each individual gametype as well as the career overview.
Under friend's service record, also show the numeric value between their skill tiers.
When searching, show the playlist details on the left side, and show the players on the right side (like in Halo 1/2/3/ODST/Reach/MCC.
Add option to turn off vibration.
Backing out of a player's service record plays the halo 3 start game beep. Please change this to a different beep.

Gameplay:
Make scoping instant.
Allow scoping right after tapping switching weapons or picking up a weapon.
Only display the good medals during game, and show all medals in post game lobby.
AR range tone down.
Add friendly fire
Increase base movement speed to 120%
Remove flinch (KEEP DESCOPE)
Remove sprint
Remove Killcam and add an end round/game killcam
Remove death music
Allow back button or Y button for post game stats to show back up.
Show 10 game match history under service record with ranked points up/down to see latest progress (see league of legends)
Press melee to cancel ground pound while in charge up mode.
Allow shooting while sprinting (if not removed)
Allow shooting while thrusting
Great job on reducing aim assist, but PLEASE tone down the magnetism. I know this is to make the game feel better online, but it is WAY too much right now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

got to play a game finally i can say this the games better than halo 4 beyond that im not sure the matches feel closer and a little mroe intense 

Anyone else think the game feels really clunky?

Nope, genuinely one of the smoothest Halo games to date.

If you want clunky, play Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This game sure is a Halo 4 sequel and not in a good way. 

The games kill times are light years ahead of H4's, just for that reason alone it plays nothing like it. It might look similar graphically. If CE had Halo 4 graphics/skin people would also compare it to Halo 4 without noting the difference in gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprint is annoying to play with, and against. Flinch needs to go. Players should miss shots due to skill (or lack there of), not because of flinch. Holds true with other halo games (Not Halo 4) and does not need to be changed now.  I also noticed it takes a long time to zoom in after a YY. Especially with a sniper i noticed this. IDK why this is. I am also not a fan of the ADS, and yes it is ADS because there is an animation now for weapons like the BR, DMR, and pistol. It takes too long to get fully into ADS thus preventing me from being able to fire back at opponents. This should be instant like in past halo's. One last gripe is the fact that unranked players are playing with and against ranked pro players. This is pretty unfair team balancing. Other than that, the game works pretty well, I am still fighting the controls personally, but hopefully I will adapt

So after 2 games (I know, not much) this is my first impression.

UI:
Spartan Animation Resets when changing primary/secondary color.
Going into visor then out puts you at the top of menu and not at visor.
Invite to party/game from friends list brings up list of friends to invite. Should just invite the friend already selected.
Should be able to change tertiary color as well (from black).
Royal Blue (xbox live blue theme color) should be added to color list.
Allow 3 or 4 characters for service tag and not just 4.
Under friend's service record, show the time played/games won/games played/medals earned under each individual gametype as well as the career overview.
Under friend's service record, also show the numeric value between their skill tiers.
When searching, show the playlist details on the left side, and show the players on the right side (like in Halo 1/2/3/ODST/Reach/MCC.
Add option to turn off vibration.
Backing out of a player's service record plays the halo 3 start game beep. Please change this to a different beep.

Gameplay:
Make scoping instant.
Allow scoping right after tapping switching weapons or picking up a weapon.
Only display the good medals during game, and show all medals in post game lobby.
AR range tone down.
Add friendly fire
Increase base movement speed to 120%
Remove flinch (KEEP DESCOPE)
Remove sprint
Remove Killcam and add an end round/game killcam
Remove death music
Allow back button or Y button for post game stats to show back up.
Show 10 game match history under service record with ranked points up/down to see latest progress (see league of legends)
Press melee to cancel ground pound while in charge up mode.
Allow shooting while sprinting (if not removed)
Allow shooting while thrusting
Great job on reducing aim assist, but PLEASE tone down the magnetism. I know this is to make the game feel better online, but it is WAY too much right now.

are you crazy what is your reasoning behind this it seems like the worst pair of ideas for halo since the introduction of sprint

• Downvote (-1) 1

are you crazy what is your reasoning behind this it seems like the worst pair of ideas for halo since the introduction of sprint

I don't see the problem, to be honest. Explain pls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty obvious. It can't be used offensively and this is the only way to do so. Thrusting to strafe is useless unless you can also do this. Without shooting the only thing thruster/sprint can really be used for is chaos and escape. In Halo you should be able to shoot unless you are holding obj or dead. I didn't add clamber because it's not an escape mechanism.

<---- MFW the beta works better than the MCC at launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't see the problem, to be honest. Explain pls.

allow shooting while sprinting and thrusting? this is not a good idea i agree with everything else he said but if someone gives me reasons why it would work id love to hear them all i can picture when i hear that is everyone sprinting around and shooting with no downsides to sprinting besides being slowed down when hit