CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anything that is not a 343 fanboy post at r/halo gets downvoted -- it is where the H4/H5 kids have gone.

I said on the halo subreddit that while I once enjoyed the game, I no longer do and haven't played the game. I have 10 upvotes. This might sound great but the top comment is about how the balance is perfect and arena is amazing, with like 80 or more upvotes, the place is such an echochamber, like r/thedonald but for halo fans.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And people wonder why we criticize this game.

if they REALLY wondered why, they'd consider what we say and actually think about it, there's no thinking when it comes to those people.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh my goodness, hide your wives, hide your kids, Spartans charging will get you and your family.

POSITIONAL GAMEPLAY

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warzone uses actual social MM.

It's also the most populated list.

Funny how that works.

I think it's also because these scrubby Colonel-Level-41-11,000-games-logged type people don't have to betray for the sniper anymore, they can spawn with it.

I think it's also because these scrubby Colonel-Level-41-11,000-games-logged type people don't have to betray for the sniper anymore, they can spawn with it.

Oh for sure. That kind of stuff plays a part. But there's no ignoring the fact that social has always been more populated than ranked and in H5 warzone is the only social playlist.

Oh for sure. That kind of stuff plays a part. But there's no ignoring the fact that social has always been more populated than ranked and in H5 warzone is the only social playlist.

Yeah. I really like the BTB playlist, it feels the most "social" for me. The Social Team Slayer playlist was rubbish.

Search Parameters are a bit backwards.

Searching Expanded means you play a wider range of players and on a terrible connection. Not a good mix at all.

Its better than nothing I guess? At least I can get my ass handed to me at 8am in the morning by TO4 Champs.

Search Parameters are a bit backwards.

Searching Expanded means you play a wider range of players and on a terrible connection. Not a good mix at all.

Its better than nothing I guess? At least I can get my ass handed to me at 8am in the morning by TO4 Champs.

I just wish I could search for good connection OR close matching. It's either both or neither and that sucks. Not that they really do anything anyway.

Wish this game had classic playlists that were super popular in previous halo games... Including but not limited to:

- Social Slayer

- Team Snipers

- Swat

- Action Sack

Each of these playlists had self-contained, thriving niche communities. Now people have three choices basically: try your ass off in arena, dick around in warzone, or wait weeks and weeks for your favorite gametype.

Put the playlists in and the population will come. It's not the other way around.

This says everything that needs to be said about Spartan Charge (found on r/halo): http://i.imgur.com/XdxDV7x.gifv

God dude... Literally exactly what I'm always bitching about to people about with this stupid mechanic haha. I'm like my god dude, people are just spartan charging me around objects, like how dumb is this stupid ability. Literally my most hated feature in this game.

I think Spartan charge might be the only mechanic most people across the different communities agree is a horrible.

Yeah. I really like the BTB playlist, it feels the most "social" for me. The Social Team Slayer playlist was rubbish.

Btb is definitely the most "social".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish this game had classic playlists that were super popular in previous halo games... Including but not limited to:

- Social Slayer

- Team Snipers

- Swat

- Action Sack

Each of these playlists had self-contained, thriving niche communities. Now people have three choices basically: try your ass off in arena, dick around in warzone, or wait weeks and weeks for your favorite gametype.

Put the playlists in and the population will come. It's not the other way around.

It still blows my mind how this game doesn't have social slayer.

You really never see Charge at higher levels of play though.... While it's a universally despised mechanic due to it's ridiculous reach and aiming capability, rarely does it become a huge factor in someone getting a clutch kill.

While I don't like it's aim assist, I just feel like it's a mechanic that like double melee while sprinting in older halos, doesn't really see much use outside of movement in H5.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It still blows my mind how this game doesn't have social slayer.

What is the #1 populated playlist in any AAA console FPS? Unranked Team Slayer / Deathmatch. But the real men of genius working at 343 decided H5 doesn't need shit like that despite having an abysmal online population

You really never see Charge at higher levels of play though.... While it's a universally despised mechanic due to it's ridiculous reach and aiming capability, rarely does it become a huge factor in someone getting a clutch kill.

While I don't like it's aim assist, I just feel like it's a mechanic that like double melee while sprinting in older halos, doesn't really see much use outside of movement in H5.

Pros Spartan charge all the time especially with sword. And Spartan charge is way worse that double melees. It has longer range, insane magnetism (video proof), has a quicker recovery time than a regular melee, and it makes you absolute.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What is the #1 populated playlist in any AAA console FPS? Unranked Team Slayer / Deathmatch. But the real men of genius working at 343 decided H5 doesn't need this despite having an abysmal online population

Seriously, for a company that LOVES throwing numbers around, what kind of mental gymnastics can they use to rationalize this? It's mind blowing.

Yea, basically. You rarely see it used in any situation other than mobility in upper Onyx. It's a horrible mechanic, but it rarely gets used other than making a last ditch backsmack going for a powerup. It has become easy to dodge in Warzone and other unranked modes. Surprisingly, I've seen it used pretty frequently in the Community Doubles playlist.

Edit: It's jarring to see the amount of assistance the spartan charge and the lunge distance of Melee has in 5. I know it was turned up to account for all the movement and fast paced nature of the game, but it is much easier to land these hits.

What is the #1 populated playlist in any AAA console FPS? Unranked Team Slayer / Deathmatch. But the real men of genius working at 343 decided H5 doesn't need shit like that despite having an abysmal online population

Well 343 have seemingly convinced themselves and thier devoted fans that A- there are no population issue B- if there were population issues it would be because of a million factors outside of thier control not because of anything they've done.

This kind of blank cheque mentality has led to a lot of funky decision making.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At least they got rid of that god awful speed boost + spartan charge = one hit kill idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It has been interesting (for me at least) to see what social means to different people since the release of Halo 5.

It always meant one thing until h5.

Hell, it still means the same thing in every other game.

No visible ranks, fast searches, loose skill parameters.