CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

hi my names killmachine and i'm addicted to req points

*hi killmachine*

you go to these meeting under the ruse that you're seeking help but you're secretly selling req codes to everybody in the group.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

you go to these meeting under the ruse that you're seeking help but you're secretly selling req codes to everybody in the group.

*applies principle to sex addicts*

#droughtbuster

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love when the game decides that I should only use a pistol in Warzone. But everyone else can use reqs.

What is wrong with the game right now?

This will probably sound weird, but I kind of like it when that happens, I look at it as practice.

This will probably sound weird, but I kind of like it when that happens, I look at it as practice.

It's cool when it happens to everyone, but when everyone else can use BR/DMR and I'm stuck with AR/Pistol to take down bosses and stuff, it's not fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's cool when it happens to everyone, but when everyone else can use BR/DMR and I'm stuck with AR/Pistol to take down bosses and stuff, it's not fun.

Just quit. When I first start my game I always have to QTB, then start again to get my REQ's to load. Otherwise I'm stuck in that scenario.

....You do realize Halo 5's dev maps are almost all garbage right?

The Forge maps have actually been better.

Spartan abilities are the real problem. Everyone is whizzing around each map with sprint, slide and thrust and the result is a spastic, CoD-like mosh pit. Take all that away and you'd be left with a much better experience on these same maps. Just for comparison's sake, I think Empire, Torque (scaled down), Tyrant, and even Riptide would have made good Halo 2 maps, even though they all play like shit in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I could go for some remakes tbh. But any maps should be welcome, Halo 5 arena maps are trash for the most part.

To my knowledge, the remake submission thread on Waypoint will focus on previous title forge maps, with H2 BR starts, so I am assuming abilities will be turned off.

Has 343 put in any Forge maps in a non-"DLC" update?

I believe the infection maps are in MM without being forced on your harddrive. I could be wrong. However I really think that none of the forge maps should be definite additions to our files. If I want to delete the awful BTB maps or Orion, I should be able to. The only forge map I am happy about in MM right now would be Scavenger.

Do you really think Quinn would let forge maps in his precious Arena playlist? Really?

What else would they call the thread? "4v4 Forgetacular Playist", or something equally lame? They're asking for Arena maps, but not explicitly for the Arena playlist.

I don't believe they have a choice at this point. They have tried ultra-competitive circuit but who wants to watch 3 or 4 seasons of HCS on Fathom? Nobody. Nobody wants that. People have a misconception that Dev maps are superior for pro level play, but that is not true. They are just the most played on, and figured out maps. Pros could easily study forge maps being introduced, and if they don't, they wont win. It would make HCS much better. They just have to choose maps that look extraordinary. Why play white blocky maps in the most advertised aspect of the game? It would look bad. If they choose to use maps like Twice Forsaken, or Loading Zone, it would be more well received by the public, and show off the potential of current forge.

If they don't put maps into the Arena playlist, maybe they will make a social arena playlist as an alt.

Played my first ranked game after about 2 weeks: Unranked (1 game played) Slayer. I think the highest ranking I have EVER gotten is Onyx 1700 in SWAT and like 1600 in Arena. Yet almost every game I play has champions in it. My game of slayer, unsurprisingly, had a champion too.

But that's not the weird part. He was on my team, one of my teammates was a Warzone farming kid, but the last guy on my team was level 152. Dude had like 60 days of Warzone and 10 in Arena. That is a SHITLOAD of a time played. And he did the worst on our team with a whopping 9-8. So much playtime and he's still cheese.

Level 152. Jesus.

To my knowledge, the remake submission thread on Waypoint will focus on previous title forge maps, with H2 BR starts, so I am assuming abilities will be turned off.

I believe the infection maps are in MM without being forced on your harddrive. I could be wrong. However I really think that none of the forge maps should be definite additions to our files. If I want to delete the awful BTB maps or Orion, I should be able to. The only forge map I am happy about in MM right now would be Scavenger.

I don't believe they have a choice at this point. They have tried ultra-competitive circuit but who wants to watch 3 or 4 seasons of HCS on Fathom? Nobody. Nobody wants that. People have a misconception that Dev maps are superior for pro level play, but that is not true. They are just the most played on, and figured out maps. Pros could easily study forge maps being introduced, and if they don't, they wont win. It would make HCS much better. They just have to choose maps that look extraordinary. Why play white blocky maps in the most advertised aspect of the game? It would look bad. If they choose to use maps like Twice Forsaken, or Loading Zone, it would be more well received by the public, and show off the potential of current forge.

If they don't put maps into the Arena playlist, maybe they will make a social arena playlist as an alt.

Interesting. I hope that playlist goes live at some point.

Yup, Team Arena.

So we'll see these in 6 months maybe.  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did they change the Warzone matching system or am I just getting bad luck? I felt like I've been losing a lot more than usual so I looked at my last seven days of games and I'm 9 wins and 23 loses. It also seems like it takes a miracle just to win two games in row. Out of all those games, I only won two games in a row three times.

I know it's Warzone and I shouldn't care, but it's annoying when you feel like you're constantly losing.

Did they change the Warzone matching system or am I just getting bad luck? I felt like I've been losing a lot more than usual so I looked at my last seven days of games and I'm 9 wins and 23 loses. It also seems like it takes a miracle just to win two games in row. Out of all those games, I only won two games in a row three times.

I know it's Warzone and I shouldn't care, but it's annoying when you feel like you're constantly losing.

Nah, just a spot of bad luck.

Warzone uses actual social MM.

It's also the most populated list.

Funny how that works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have reddititus again, people saying the game is perfectly balanced is killing me...

I have reddititus again, people saying the game is perfectly balanced is killing me...

Anything that is not a 343 fanboy post at r/halo gets downvoted -- it is where the H4/H5 kids have gone. 

• Upvote (+1) 2