CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Please do not add maps to Team Arena. Slayer, sure, especially if it becomes Social Slayer instead of Ranked, but we need Team Arena for the HCS.
runNOKYARDrun:  This thread is for map submissions only.

Please post your concerns regarding the Team Arena Playlist in the appropriate thread.

Do you really think Quinn would let forge maps in his precious Arena playlist? Really?

What else would they call the thread? "4v4 Forgetacular Playist", or something equally lame? They're asking for Arena maps, but not explicitly for the Arena playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Still not sure what to make of it... "It's for all Arena modes". Alright. But is it for the damned Team Arena playlist or not?! It it is, well, that's just fucking ********. Forge maps should have their own playlist, and if any of them are deemed good enough after a sufficient amount of time, then MAYBE they could be moved to Team Arena.

SO I think we've had enough testing to see the new Truth Slayer is not better than it's predecessor. Even at none Pro levels of gameplay the map is super snowbally with the rifles places in the towers and Fuel Rod being such a silly weapon. For the life of me I can't understand why they removed the PC after buff from truth on one of the maps that it has the most uses.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SO I think we've had enough testing to see the new Truth Slayer is not better than it's predecessor. Even at none Pro levels of gameplay the map is super snowbally with the rifles places in the towers and Fuel Rod being such a silly weapon. For the life of me I can't understand why they removed the PC after buff from truth on one of the maps that it has the most uses.

Yeah... Not a fan of the FRC on Truth at all. Would much rather just have the Plasma Caster and "maybe" the Hydra there. It was fine before the update, I didn't, and still don't see the need for the alteration, given the aforementioned buff. Regret's cool now, though.

Yeah... Not a fan of the FRC on Truth at all. Would much rather just have the Plasma Caster and "maybe" the Hydra there. It was fine before the update, I didn't, and still don't see the need for the alteration, given the aforementioned buff. Regret's cool now, though.

The funny thing is that there are so many uses for the PC on Truth. You can rain nades down on bubble spawners by shooting the ceiling. It's one of the maps that has one of the highest PC skillgaps and they remove it.

I still feel like the Hydra just sees no use whatever on that map, only in rare occasions. The issues is that most teams can't utilize all of the tools available to them because they all lie on the 50, which most of the winning team are controlling at any given time.

I love when the game decides that I should only use a pistol in Warzone. But everyone else can use reqs.

What is wrong with the game right now?

Ya. The new truth is terrible. Making it so the only rifles in the map are up in the towers is so silly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love when the game decides that I should only use a pistol in Warzone. But everyone else can use reqs.

What is wrong with the game right now?

Hardly a problem. It's Warzone ffs. Git gud. B)

Still not sure what to make of it... "It's for all Arena modes". Alright. But is it for the damned Team Arena playlist or not?! It it is, well, that's just fucking ********. Forge maps should have their own playlist, and if any of them are deemed good enough after a sufficient amount of time, then MAYBE they could be moved to Team Arena.

I feel like you're putting too much emphasis on quality map selection for a playlist in a game where the maps aren't altogether that competitively fantastic to begin with (not saying they're horrible, they're just not really that outstanding), where there are many forge maps now that are actually competitively decent, and, finally, where it's not even in the top ten Xbox LIVE games any more.

Not saying that they should add maps for the fuck of it, but I feel like 6 months after release of Forge is enough time to gather decently made maps for the thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hardly a problem. It's Warzone ffs. Git gud. B)

I only play warzone for commendations though. And it's not giving me any reqs.

The funny thing is that there are so many uses for the PC on Truth. You can rain nades down on bubble spawners by shooting the ceiling. It's one of the maps that has one of the highest PC skillgaps and they remove it.

I still feel like the Hydra just sees no use whatever on that map, only in rare occasions. The issues is that most teams can't utilize all of the tools available to them because they all lie on the 50, which most of the winning team are controlling at any given time.

I may just be biased, but I'm always going for the Hydra on that map, now. I know I'm not every person, but no one's seemed to pick up on using it in tandem with camo. So OP. But yeah, agree on the former point. "Maybe" it'll change back, hope it does.

I found a video that's very interesting.

Now, I'm not sure if this vid breaks any codes of conduct, considering most of what is said can be taken with a grain of salt, but most of what this guy discloses makes a lot of sense. Remember that huge H5/MCC leak before it was announced? Open World, Side Missions, ODST Style Flashback Levels?

This guy went out of his way to spread what he was told by ex-343 employees, which means he will never have a chance w/343 after this video. Hell, on his channel he makes another video wondering if spreading what he learned was worth it.

Take this video however you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qne0WBfCuj8

Steve Downes tired of voice acting? Really? Chief had like 10 lines throughout the entire series.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Also, is that video related to the 4chan leak a couple weeks ago? Same guy?

Edit: Nah can't be. The 4chan guy said Cortana was planned to come back all along. This guy is saying it was a last minute retcon, so conflicting reports.

I feel like you're putting too much emphasis on quality map selection for a playlist in a game where the maps aren't altogether that competitively fantastic to begin with (not saying they're horrible, they're just not really that outstanding), where there are many forge maps now that are actually competitively decent, and, finally, where it's not even in the top ten Xbox LIVE games any more.

Not saying that they should add maps for the fuck of it, but I feel like 6 months after release of Forge is enough time to gather decently made maps for the thing.

I used to joke about this, but I'm actually not sure if 343 is willing to add Forge maps without advertising it as a part of some "DLC".

A little ironic how we have the best forge system by far that's going to be utilized the least out of them all in MM.

• Upvote (+1) 4

....You do realize Halo 5's dev maps are almost all garbage right?

The Forge maps have actually been better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just blowing through Warzone games to get reqs. 50ish more packs and I've completed everything. Then I can play arena forever without worrying about this shit.

Saved up 60k rp so far for the new update.

I haven't been playing much since Memories of Reach launched.

95548e4d93995fa5dc40108f77f97ade.png

I'm just blowing through Warzone games to get reqs. 50ish more packs and I've completed everything. Then I can play arena forever without worrying about this shit.

Can't you just not care?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't you just not care?

I could but I have that urge to finish shit and I really want go scratch it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't you just not care?

we just talked about addiction a few days ago.