CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I found a video that's very interesting.

Now, I'm not sure if this vid breaks any codes of conduct, considering most of what is said can be taken with a grain of salt, but most of what this guy discloses makes a lot of sense. Remember that huge H5/MCC leak before it was announced? Open World, Side Missions, ODST Style Flashback Levels?

This guy went out of his way to spread what he was told by ex-343 employees, which means he will never have a chance w/343 after this video. Hell, on his channel he makes another video wondering if spreading what he learned was worth it.

Take this video however you will.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's a really bad deal for a handful of weapon skins

True but probably knowing HCS. They might put it to $9.99 at best buy for the best deal of the skins I would say $4.99 is the better deal for everyone.

Can anyone explain how the networking in this game works? I've heard that your connection is based on your latency. While in previous halos it was up/down based. The second claim doesn't really make sense to me because it should all be relative to how fast your information reaches a destination, which, while bandwidth(up/down) deals with how much information can be processed, latency is how fast that information can go where you want it to. Wouldn't all halos then be latency based? All I know is that I have a really difficult time getting shots to register in this game. Every 50 to 100 games or so, I'll get a server where my heat shots register every single time without having to zoom; within' reason. Most of the time however, it is a real struggle to get head shots to register, and I have to zoom in virtually every engagement beyond 25 feet. Because of this, I end up losing a lot of battles I shouldn't, and a bunch of kills get away. The zooming doesn't fix the problem at all, but it definitely helps considerably. My ping is on average ~100-110ms. The lowest I've seen it is around 75ms. I've also played a bunch of games where I was pinging 150 and above. I'm from the US.

Now, I'm not sure if this vid breaks any codes of conduct, considering most of what is said can be taken with a grain of salt, but most of what this guy discloses makes a lot of sense. Remember that huge H5/MCC leak before it was announced? Open World, Side Missions, ODST Style Flashback Levels?

This guy went out of his way to spread what he was told by ex-343 employees, which means he will never have a chance w/343 after this video. Hell, on his channel he makes another video wondering if spreading what he learned was worth it.

I watched his video, but I'm pretty sure this came up again a while back and Frankie shot it down on GAF.

I watched his video, but I'm pretty sure this came up again a while back and Frankie shot it down on GAF.

That doesn't mean anything. He denies any rumor/leak and has shown time and time again that he cannot be trusted.

This video is 100% spot on. (concerning the H5 and MCC development, not counting his cringe Cortana theory and the sobby follow-up video)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Isn't it pretty much Frankies job to shot down everything that has not gone through some MS PR certification no matter if it's true or not..

• Upvote (+1) 5

Frankie needs to be ignored 100%. He hasn't said anything that's credible since MCC's launch.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Pretty sure they're calling the genre "arena", not actually putting anything in the Arena playlist. It'll probably be a temporary playlist.

Let's not get our panties in a twist here sweetie.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty sure they're calling the genre "arena", not actually putting anything in the Arena playlist. It'll probably be a temporary playlist.

Let's not get our panties in a twist here sweetie.

It's for Team Arena. There are threads for each playlist taking map suggestions

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't be serious? If Halo ever needed community maps in matchmaking, it is right now. Halo 5 DEV maps are the most generic flat creations that allow boring encounters and stale gameplay. As a leader in the forge community, I can assure you I have played infinitely better competitive forge maps than anything 343 has made. A lack of content in H5 is real, and we need more variety all around the board. You have nothing to lose if the correct maps are chosen. That is a risk I'm willing to take if it means a refreshing stock of maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can't be serious? If Halo ever needed community maps in matchmaking, it is right now. Halo 5 DEV maps are the most generic flat creations that allow boring encounters and stale gameplay. As a leader in the forge community, I can assure you I have played infinitely better competitive forge maps than anything 343 has made. A lack of content in H5 is real, and we need more variety all around the board. You have nothing to lose if the correct maps are chosen. That is a risk I'm willing to take if it means a refreshing stock of maps.

Has 343 put in any Forge maps in a non-"DLC" update?

I could go for some remakes tbh. But any maps should be welcome, Halo 5 arena maps are trash for the most part.

Just won a couple FFA matches against higher ranked players. It's awful.

It's so god awful. What were they thinking, somebody please tell me. I'm getting  lot better at it right now and the tactics that are encouraged are so frustrating and unfair, any semblance of skill the gametype had just feels irrelevant. I used to think having a good shot would win me fights, not any more.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think that this has been pointed out yet, but given the fact that this game is going F2P for a bit, it should be pointed out that it's not very user friendly to new players.

The aiming system forcing you to shoot like Killer N takes some getting use to, and the varied options that we have(although they are welcoming) only complicate the matter. Anyone that has a low requisition stockpile is at a severe disadvantage in Warzone, especially in regards to loadout weapons.

I'm getting an Xbox One for a friend, he loves Halo, but I'm questioning if I should even get him this game.

I remember it being mentioned that you are grouped up with people who have the same kind of REQs as you.

Saw this last night. Some of his ideas make sense, like the open world and hunting Master Chief. Other points were basically already common sense knowledge or confirmed by others (short dev cycle for MCC).

Others make no sense whatsoever. If MS was really concerned about Cortana as a video game reference... they could have just y'know... NOT CALLED IT CORTANA? This guy is so gullible if he believes they killed Cortana for that reason. And then subsequently MS tells them to put Cortana back in because 100 fans had a melty about her dying... I hardly heard anyone crying about bringing her back... in fact most people wanted her to stay dead because it takes away from the impact of her dying in Halo 4.

Oh yeah, and this guy's next video is one of the most cringeworthy things I've ever listened to. He has a legit meltdown because now he thinks he blew it by releasing secrets and won't be a famous Halo youtuber that will get invited by 343i to try their new games before release.... like... are you fuckin serious kiddo? If you have a melty because of that you need to re-evaluate your life. Not to mention he only has like 2000 views on most of his videos. I'm not sure what he "blew".... he doesn't have 500k subscribers ffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's for Team Arena. There are threads for each playlist taking map suggestions

Do you really think Quinn would let forge maps in his precious Arena playlist? Really?

What else would they call the thread? "4v4 Forgetacular Playist", or something equally lame? They're asking for Arena maps, but not explicitly for the Arena playlist.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Do you really think Quinn would let forge maps in his precious Arena playlist? Really?

What else would they call the thread? "4v4 Forgetacular Playist", or something equally lame? They're asking for Arena maps, but not explicitly for the Arena playlist.

In which case, it would be called "Arena - Map Submission Thread", not "Team Arena - Map Submission Thread"

Either way, I've tweeted to ask. Just a waiting game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seeing as the thread title has Team Arena in it, yes I do believe it's for the Team Arena playlist

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just won a couple FFA matches against higher ranked players. It's awful.

It's so god awful. What were they thinking, somebody please tell me. I'm getting  lot better at it right now and the tactics that are encouraged are so frustrating and unfair, any semblance of skill the gametype had just feels irrelevant. I used to think having a good shot would win me fights, not any more.

"Four power weapons/ups? SHIP IT"

"Four power weapons/ups? SHIP IT"

nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

for example stasis, shotgun, OS, hydra, rockets, along with 2 SMGs. Works in 4v4 pretty much, but FFA mehhhhhhhhhh