CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

There is already a meta thread. That is the thread that is for discussion of strats and player improvement. This thread is for discussion about the actual game.

Unfortunately the people who enjoy h5 here seem to have the mental fortitude of a spoiled 4 year old and get incredibly upset rather than engaging in discussion.

Staff literally had to make a new thread because this thread is full of the same people with this same "4 year old mentality" repeating constantly that auto's are bad and radar sucks with the justification that "this is a forum I can post whatever I want." It's rather hard to "engage in discussion" over topics that have been beaten to absolute death for the past 7 months. And you don't even keep your shitposts to one thread! I've seen in in the HCS thread now too. Come on man.

Now,  what does change rather frequently? you guessed it: "meta", strats, and ways to improve. All parts of the actual game. But there's another thread for that. All the segregation is kinda iffy to me,

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I doubt it.

I will pay a lot of money for someone to ask about MCC

Me too, but all guests we be screened and polled to make sure they wont ask about MCC and why the F Dan is sitting on this panel. I'm just kidding.

On a positive note, campaign score attack and firefight seem like a nice add and enough to get me interested in playing Halo again. Daily challenges we would be another nice addition. All stuff that you'd think would have been there from launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I was running solo in breakout today..... 80% w/r, 2.0 k/d

Gold 5

adce6c9583.png

.....?

Gold 5

adce6c9583.png

.....?

Here is my 10 placement games for Arena.   Makes no sense. lol

oPEvhtn.jpg

Your placement matches place you in a rank based on a number of factors. There isn't an official confirmation from this, but you can tell based on the ranks received by people you play your matches with and their performance.

It seems these factors play a role in it:

1.) Previous ranks/MMR: MMR doesn't seem to reset as the visible ranks do. Your ranking history will place you more accurately to your overall skill.

2.) Wins: Obvious here, but you win more and the formula will rank you higher.

3.) Personal performance: Not sure how much this plays into it, but from a history of playing placement matches with friends (meaning we have the same W/L in the 10), we have placed differently based on personal stats. K/D is obvious in this, but it seems to me that objective stats (flags capped, strongholds defended, etc) play a role in it as well.

Edit: also, the ranks and skill of opponents plays a part in it as well, but it will match you closer to your previous ranks due to MMR, so it ties into point #1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, did anyone catch the wording in the article about June's update on the Xbox site? It said this is the eighth and latest update for Halo 5. That implies that this month's update will not be the last. 

Also, did anyone catch the wording in the article about June's update on the Xbox site? It said this is the eighth and latest update for Halo 5. That implies that this month's update will not be the last. 

Yea that's already been confirmed. More updates will come after.  I am more willing to bet they will relax the update time to three months though. 

I don't know why anyone thought they'd be stopping after June, any way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your placement matches place you in a rank based on a number of factors. There isn't an official confirmation from this, but you can tell based on the ranks received by people you play your matches with and their performance.

It seems these factors play a role in it:

1.) Previous ranks/MMR: MMR doesn't seem to reset as the visible ranks do. Your ranking history will place you more accurately to your overall skill.

2.) Wins: Obvious here, but you win more and the formula will rank you higher.

3.) Personal performance: Not sure how much this plays into it, but from a history of playing placement matches with friends (meaning we have the same W/L in the 10), we have placed differently based on personal stats. K/D is obvious in this, but it seems to me that objective stats (flags capped, strongholds defended, etc) play a role in it as well.

Edit: also, the ranks and skill of opponents plays a part in it as well, but it will match you closer to your previous ranks due to MMR, so it ties into point #1.

I know. It's broken.

What would I have to do to get into onyx after 10 games? win all 10 games as mvp pulling a flag every round?

I don't get how anyone can support this garbage, I swear Reach's Arena was probably more effective.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Staff literally had to make a new thread because this thread is full of the same people with this same "4 year old mentality" repeating constantly that auto's are bad and radar sucks with the justification that "this is a forum I can post whatever I want." It's rather hard to "engage in discussion" over topics that have been beaten to absolute death for the past 7 months. And you don't even keep your shitposts to one thread! I've seen in in the HCS thread now too. Come on man.

Now,  what does change rather frequently? you guessed it: "meta", strats, and ways to improve. All parts of the actual game. But there's another thread for that. All the segregation is kinda iffy to me,

Where is this thread you speak of?  I feel I must fulfill my duty to go shit post in it ASAP.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know why anyone thought they'd be stopping after June, any way.

I suppose because of the graphic they released with the names of all the updates until June. I could understand why some speculation would be out there that June's would be the last because of that.

I know. It's broken.

What would I have to do to get into onyx after 10 games? win all 10 games as mvp pulling a flag every round?

I don't get how anyone can support this garbage, I swear Reach's Arena was probably more effective.

1700 Onyx is the cap now. 1600-1700 placing in recent months for me has seemed to be 6-7 wins with slightly above average personal stats. I was always under the impression that ranking was W's and L's, but even after placing the amount of CSR gained from wins varies from opponent rank and performance.

You mean there are threads on Beyond where people aren't complaining about Halo 5? Disgusting.

FYI: The problems don't just magically go away if we pretend they don't exist.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey. man. I don't make the rules or the threads. The meta thread went up right after the launch of the game if I remember correctly. If you don't like it, take it up with the mods/admins. Not quite sure why you're bitching at me. I was just steering someone towards the appropriate thread for the discussion he was looking for.

But ya know, good job posting a highly ironic bitching post instead of jumping into the rather quality discussion that's been going on for pages now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gold 5

adce6c9583.png

.....?

First time being placed in breakout?

I think the game has a cap on how high you can originally place now that's around low plat/high gold depending on the list you're in.

Which I think is better than people being placed right in to onyx after 10 games.

First time being placed in breakout?

I think the game has a cap on how high you can originally place now that's around low plat/high gold depending on the list you're in.

Which I think is better than people being placed right in to onyx after 10 games.

Should be able to dig his way out of Gold with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back. I seem to always be placed Plat 1, and work up to Diamond like it is nothing.  Then around Diamond 5/6, I find my home.  At least searching solo this is the case. 

I hope the team packs aren't too expensive.

Fingers crossed. The fact that you get the HCS skins from them too, which were like 7-8 bucks/80k points last time makes me think they'll be similar in price.

How long is that? I am always leaving to somewhere whenever 343 adds in doubles. Happened last time as well. 

Wednesday

I'm surprised Malta's spawns got past testing. You can easily spawn trap and spawn snipe people in red corner just by placing yourself top lift.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fingers crossed. The fact that you get the HCS skins from them too, which were like 7-8 bucks/80k points last time makes me think they'll be similar in price.

I don't like the plus 2 rare of better visual customizations, each with a high chance of unlocking all new HCS weapon skins. I got to unlock every before hand before I unlock the HCS packs.

I don't like the plus 2 rare of better visual customizations, each with a high chance of unlocking all new HCS weapon skins. I got to unlock every before hand before I unlock the HCS packs.

If this was a REQ Point thing, I wouldn't care about the 2 random unlocks. However, since I want the HCS white magnum and I have to draw out of a pool of 10+ different items for those last two slots, I find myself really not looking forward to that at all. There should be a way to guarantee which color variants you want it it's purely money-based.

However, seeing how scummy some of the previous packs have been, with one being like $10 dollars for a perm unlock and mythic weapons, I already am worrying about the pricing come wednesday.

• Upvote (+1) 1