CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wouldn't bet against that.

We're getting the team skins showcased during pro league, so that might be the "intel" for today.

Totally going to get the CLG team skin.

Team skins just seems weird because teams are changing constantly. Unless you are just the fan of an organization and not the players (which is weird) then you could end up buying a skin for a team that completely swaps all it's players. CLG is probably the only team that isn't going to change any time soon.

Team skins just seems weird because teams are changing constantly. Unless you are just the fan of an organization and not the players (which is weird) then you could end up buying a skin for a team that completely swaps all it's players. CLG is probably the only team that isn't going to change any time soon.

Yes the constant team changing hurts my brain.

Rosters get locked for periods of time though. Eventually when they have them all I suppose you could get each and use whichever has players you're a fan of on that roster at the time.

So I know it's a bit of a stretch, but stay with me here....

I can see it both ways, many people are "player" fans and will support whatever team said player goes to.  But IF esports continues to grow like we see it, it could end up being a team "org" thing eventually.  Example; I'm a huge MN Vikings fan, players cycle in and out, but I'm still a team fan.

I can see it going that way to in the future of Halo possible.  I am an EG fan, and to a smaller extent a CLG fan.  I like how the orgs stay with teams, and with games.  I just like them - now if the players completely change, and it's just not fun anymore, then maybe that will make me feel differently. 

Just thinking about it outside of the box a little I guess.

I'm not sure why people were bitching about the Doubles playlist maps.  I think the maps themselves are great.  The Chillout inspired one is sick. However, it does have tones of jaggies, but sometimes that can't be avoided with Forge.  Hangar is sick as well.  They all just need OS and silly weapons like hydras removed and what not.   Malta was one of the maps that I wasn't too fond of.  It had bad spawns.  I got spawn kill many times and I dished out spawn killing several times.  I didn't have the opportunity to play on Optic or Hazzard.  But Cobalt, Hangar, Purple Reign, and Shurima are all awesome maps IMO with great sight lines, map traversal, and versatility.  All these maps being beautiful works of art aesthetically is just a plus.  They just need some work on the power up and weapon placement for Doubles.  Unfortunately, it would probably take 3 months for 343 to push out a small update like that to the playlist to fix the placement issues. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They all just need OS and silly weapons like hydras removed and what not.

That's pretty much the one complaint I have. It really takes a lot of the enjoyment away from the playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So I know it's a bit of a stretch, but stay with me here....

I can see it both ways, many people are "player" fans and will support whatever team said player goes to. But IF esports continues to grow like we see it, it could end up being a team "org" thing eventually. Example; I'm a huge MN Vikings fan, players cycle in and out, but I'm still a team fan.

I can see it going that way to in the future of Halo possible. I am an EG fan, and to a smaller extent a CLG fan. I like how the orgs stay with teams, and with games. I just like them - now if the players completely change, and it's just not fun anymore, then maybe that will make me feel differently.

Just thinking about it outside of the box a little I guess.

No it makes sense, people are fans of actual orgs in sports like you said. I just never really understood being a fan of a group instead of the players. I always follow players, the team is just a bunch of managers. That's just me though, I know it's not the usual thought process. I just don't want someone to buy an EG skin because they love Snip3down, only to have him go to another team.

Yes the constant team changing hurts my brain.

Which is why I unsubscribed from Halo E! (HCS pro league thread). I couldn't care less about the constant team changes and what pro said about another pro. These pros are just not interesting enough to follow, not in the slightest.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sprint's problem is no longer the stagnation of movement speeds (the delta is really small).

The problem now exists in the ability to chain Sprint with other abilities that create the largest movement speed delta in Halo to date (Slide Boosting/Mason Jumping/Clambering).

It isn't really a get out of jail free card anymore; nor does it create inconsistencies or stretch maps on its own, but there are major issues in the entire movement sandbox as a whole.

(Not to say that I actually prefer Sprint, obviously I'd like no Sprint, but the ability when isolated isn't much of an issue anymore)

Disagree. Even if you removed all SAs besides sprint, sprint would still be a massive issue.

Nerfing it does not rectify any of its underlying issues.

No matter how small the delta is, it is still a speed boost that removes your ability to shoot. Because it's a speed boost there will still be many jumps that require sprint jumping and areas that jare not safe to move across without it. That means you cannot traverse the map while engaging in combat.

Look at traditional arena FPS games. What is their prime distinguishing feature compared to modern shooters? The ability to move across the map and between elevations quickly while retaining the ability to shoot

Ftfy

Why not remove the Sprint and change the speed boost to resemble Sprint and Halo 6? It gives you the ability to sprint for a certain amount of time. It gives Sprint and non Sprint players their wishes but also changes the speed boost into a useful power up.

Which is why I unsubscribed from Halo E! (HCS pro league thread). I couldn't care less about the constant team changes and what pro said about another pro. These pros are just not interesting enough to follow, not in the slightest.

Thats just, like, your opinion man.

Seems like your mind was already made up to begin with.

We've only had 3 players change rosters in the past 2ish months.

@@Batchford went through like five teams.

It doesn't help that the uncharismatic EG keeps on winning. I feel like I'm watching robots when they're accepting trophies or being interviewed. "Yes, we have won. We trained a lot. Goodbye." Final Boss won a lot and it was awesome because they had energy and spunk. I rather watch a Twitch commercial than hear anyone on EG talk.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Batchford went through like five teams.

That's EU teams. EU and NA AM teams have had a lot of shuffling.

Probably because they're the same caliber of teams.

It doesn't help that the uncharismatic EG keeps on winning. I feel like I'm watching robots when they're accepting trophies or being interviewed. "Yes, we have won. We trained a lot. Goodbye." Final Boss won a lot and it was awesome because they had energy and spunk. I rather watch a Twitch commercial than hear anyone on EG talk.

EG haven't won anything since X-Games in January.

They're currently 4th in the pro league winning only 3 of their 6 series.

The real difference there is in how appropriate the bag is. I find bad players tend to bag when they finally kill you after you've dumped on them like 4 times in a row. Or they do it after very mundane kills where they had help. It's ridiculous but it doesn't get under my skin. It's almost more of a compliment that I made them so angry to begin with.

Better players tend to bag when they know you're angry, just to tilt you more. As much as it sucks to receive, I respect the mind games.

And @@SMARTAN 427, the real issue with H3 was the netcode/hit registration. The BR spread only really made a difference with crossmapping and in BTB. Shooting was actually pretty damn fun on LAN. And as for that feeling of vulnerability, I know how you feel in FFA. The radar is so woefully inadequate for FFA. But in team games I usually have a pretty good idea of where the enemy is just based on where my teammates are and whether or not they're fighting.

The bagging thing is so true. Oh the tilt it causes sometimes lol. I myself only bag someone when I outplay them or they choke. Aside from that I am not the type of person to pick on someone like that.

In regards to H3, my initial impressions of H3's sandbox came from playing the campaign solo(obviously on LAN). I was like 'WTF is this it feels terrible'. It carried over to MP later on and has left a sour taste in my mouth ever since. Sure the H3 BR was alright in CQC, but even on LAN the knowledge that I could not cross-map my opponent quickly always pissed me off. Thats where most of my hate for H3 comes from. Its not as bad as it once was, but the residual feeling is still there.

As for H5, a few bad games of FFA back in March is what made me mostly quit H5 outright. FFA is what I used to play when solo, and now I can't it feels like, so I go into team games just aggregated to begin with. While yes you can work off of your teammates, the angles from my opponents teammates still feel suddenly abrupt and seemingly unpredictable most of the time I play, even if it really isn't.

That and the very presence of the radar fucks with me. I want to make use of it, but can't, and it exaggerates the issue even more. If it were bigger, or not even there, I wouldn't have as much of a problem. Honestly its a probably just a mental thing that I have with H5 now, and can't seem to get over it.

Also for me, 2v2 H5 is a lot more enjoyable than 4v4 H5, just because it is a lot easier to keep track of only 2 enemy players.

I just hate H5's angles man...

I like Halo 5. It's fun. But it's not as fun as it should be. They could keep this direction and I'd be ok with it, if they changed the following:

Party Restrictions. It's absence is killing Arena.

The aiming is ass. One of the few things Halo 4 did perfectly was it's aiming (imo smoothest in the series). Just do that again.

Either nerf the autos or buff the magnum.

Reduce sandbox redundancy.

Either make spartan charge harder to use, or get rid of it entirely.

Make the sniper reasonable. Halo: Reach level of difficulty would be adequate at this point.

No radar in Team Arena, bigger radar in FFA.

And finally, I'd like to see a visual indication on the player model of whether their thrust is on cooldown or not.

Those are my biggest gripes. Everything else is small potatoes comparatively.

I can agree with all of this. Reach sniper felt the best for me aside from HCE, and you already know how I would nerf the autos.

EG haven't won anything since X-Games in January.

They're currently 4th in the pro league winning only 3 of their 6 series.

They won pretty much everything before the HWC and the HWC itself. Cricket was more exciting.

This page feels like the HWC thread.  Get that shit out of here. 

Don't worry, dude. I got this.

Ahem.

Fuck radar.

• Upvote (+1) 5