CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Even if it's going to happen it won't have its own MP anyways. We'll get H3 themed update in H5 with an arena map, campaign inspired Warzone map, and a BR that doesn't work.

Would rather resources and money be focused on a main game than another remake that people won't be as interested in as you think.

The whole discussion is about whether it will happen. It will happen and yes people will be interested. People played halo 3 for years and still do.

Anyone tried Halo Wars 2 beta yet? How is it?

Got it downloaded. I hear you get free Gold packs for Halo 5!

After one day of playing, Halo Wars 2 is fun so far. I have been experiencing some hiccups during my matches such as the Mac Blasts and Healing drones not showing up on my screen when activated (The game registers it happened, but doesn't show the particles), frame rate issues (I get it is a beta, but it's still an annoyance), and my camera becoming self-aware and changing its speed randomly throughout the match. Not sure on how I feel about units since I haven't analyzed them in depth yet; I've been too busy gushing over the beta itself.

There's a couple of things I would like sometime during the week if possible (most likely won't happen):

1. Individual colors for teammates (like Halo Wars 1). This makes it easier for me to find my units and bases. Right now, I'm having trouble finding my stuff. The size of the minimap may have an effect on this also, which is another thing that bothers me a bit.

2. The size of the minimap feels too small. At least for me anyway. Not sure if that's just my eyesight going to shit, but an increase in the size would be good. Or make it an option in the settings.  

3. More units and upgrades. Right now there's not a whole lot of units and upgrades (for the units) to test and play with (at least on the USNC). There are no upgrades for each individual air unit and only one upgrade for the Scorpion tank, which is the only UNSC vehicle that has an upgrade. 

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll play some more matches and try think of any more things I can come up with. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if it's going to happen it won't have its own MP anyways. We'll get H3 themed update in H5 with an arena map, campaign inspired Warzone map, and a BR that doesn't work.

Would rather resources and money be focused on a main game than another remake that people won't be as interested in as you think.

If 343 remade Halo 3, it would be sad in two ways.

1. Somehow 343 will put their own spin on it and mess everything up

2. How shitty of a position does the series has to be where remakes of the first three games get the most hype

• Upvote (+1) 2

After one day of playing, Halo Wars 2 is fun so far. I have been experiencing some hiccups during my matches such as the Mac Blasts and Healing drones not showing up on my screen when activated (The game registers it happened, but doesn't show the particles), frame rate issues (I get it is a beta, but it's still an annoyance), and my camera becoming self-aware and changing its speed randomly throughout the match. Not sure on how I feel about units since I haven't analyzed them in depth yet; I've been too busy gushing over the beta itself.

There's a couple of things I would like sometime during the week if possible (most likely won't happen):

1. Individual colors for teammates (like Halo Wars 1). This makes it easier for me to find my units and bases. Right now, I'm having trouble finding my stuff. The size of the minimap may have an effect on this also, which is another thing that bothers me a bit.

2. The size of the minimap feels too small. At least for me anyway. Not sure if that's just my eyesight going to shit, but an increase in the size would be good. Or make it an option in the settings.  

3. More units and upgrades. Right now there's not a whole lot of units and upgrades (for the units) to test and play with (at least on the USNC). There are no upgrades for each individual air unit and only one upgrade for the Scorpion tank, which is the only UNSC vehicle that has an upgrade. 

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll play some more matches and try think of any more things I can come up with. 

I haven't played much, just 1 game. Never played Halo Wars before so this is new to me, but played a lot of SC1. It started to make a lo too sense to me as I was playing through.

I definitely need to play a couple more games, but I'm liking it a lot so far. Theres not enough stuff to do though I feel. Certain number of things to build and do, and I feel once I have everything built and all resources, it would kinda stagnate (haven't reached that point so just theorising).

Probably is just cuz its a beta, still just less than a year till release. But it really gives me a nice brief overview of how the game will play. Will pick up!

Do let me know what you think as time goes by, would like to compare opinions to mine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played much, just 1 game. Never played Halo Wars before so this is new to me, but played a lot of SC1. It started to make a lo too sense to me as I was playing through.

I definitely need to play a couple more games, but I'm liking it a lot so far. Theres not enough stuff to do though I feel. Certain number of things to build and do, and I feel once I have everything built and all resources, it would kinda stagnate (haven't reached that point so just theorising).

Probably is just cuz its a beta, still just less than a year till release. But it really gives me a nice brief overview of how the game will play. Will pick up!

Do let me know what you think as time goes by, would like to compare opinions to mine.

The supply cap is simply too low at 60 , you can literally only make 12 warthogs in HW1 you could make 30 warthogs
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1. Somehow, 343 will put their own spin on it and mess everything up

2. How shitty of a position does the series has to be where remakes of the first three games get the most hype

People are excited about Halo Wars 2 and more Halo 3. In 2009 that would have blown minds.

People are excited about Halo Wars 2 and more Halo 3. In 2009 that would have blown minds.

Can you imagine going to any Halo forum in 2009 and say "If Halo has ADS and Sprint, I will support it!" You would literally be excommunicated from the community.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can you imagine going to any Halo forum in 2009 and say "If Halo has ADS and Sprint, I will support it!" You would literally be excommunicated from the community.

Go back in time and say that you support Radar and Automatics
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Go back in time and say that you support Radar and Automatics

Can I ask, all this talk about radar and stuff.

My memory of Halo still consisted of Radar too though? I remember it in MM for Halo 3 and Reach. Did they remove it later or something?

• Downvote (-1) 2

My memory of Halo still consisted of Radar too though? I remember it in MM for Halo 3 and Reach. Did they remove it later or something?

He's talking competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah i forgot to put MLG forums, I sometimes forgets how different the experience was for the default users

1. Somehow 343 will put their own spin on it and mess everything up

It's really sad that I've gotten to the point now where the only thing Microsoft could announce, to keep me excited about Halo, is a remake of a game 343 had no part of. And like you mentioned, hoping that 343 don't add their part to it.

I have absolutely no hype for any future Halo titles. And the only way that will change is if 343 are no longer steering the ship, which I doubt will happen, sadly.

I think we've established that beyond is practically all that's left of that community.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I think we've established that beyond is practically all that's left of that community.

From what I've been reading the past few months, that isn't even the case anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 6

From what I've been reading the past few months, that isn't even the case anymore.

well I'm just going by the fact that we just don't get completely shit on for not wanting all this stupid shit, which I guess is a good thing but is a far cry from the earlier days.

Will do.

Just an update to the bugs I have encountered. I have noticed bullets and explosions in general, are not showing as well. Another issue I had was the beta freezing on me when it was syncing/loading my data on the start screen and had to close the app and restart. Only had that once so far, but it is worse for others from what I have read.

So a mix of the 4chan AMA and LateNightGamings recent leaks has gotten Waypoint stirred up. Lots of "its all M$'s fault" threads popping up. Funny how people don't even question sources anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a mix of the 4chan AMA and LateNightGamings recent leaks has gotten Waypoint stirred up. Lots of "its all M$'s fault" threads popping up. Funny how people don't even question sources anymore

Wait what happened? I've been ignoring Halo news with everything else E3 the last few days.

I mean no offense by this question, how new are you to the competitive aspect of Halo? Halo has always had separate settings for competitive play because the default(out of the box) settings weren't ever fully optimized for competitive play.

Halo 2's main competitive playlist was team Hardcore, Halo 3 and Halo Reach's main competitive playlist was MLG, and Halo 4's competitive playlist was called Team Throwdown. Halo CE is the closest Halo game we have gotten to being competitively viable out of the box. The only changes you have to make to Halo CE's settings to be fully optimized for competitive play is select "slayer pro", turn on teams, turn off radar(motion tracker), put the kill limit to 50, make the respawn settings 5 seconds, and put the suicide penalty to 10 seconds.

Halo 5 is the first Halo game that is attempting to bridge the gap between casual(social) and competitive play by having homogenized(universal) settings so newcomers can easily transition to competitive play without feeling alienated. The issue with having homogenized(universal) settings for Halo 5 is that it compromises the integrity/merit of the competitive playlist(team arena) because the universal default(vanilla) settings aren't fully optimized for competitive play. This alienates the hardcore competitive players that desire to play the game with the most optimized competitive settings. The only way to play uncompromised settings that are fully optimized for competitive play is by finding people that want to play similar settings and organize custom games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This has probably been posted, but I'm posting it anyway. It's a really solid mission by mission analysis of Halo 5's campaign that discusses in detail everything that Halo 5 did right and wrong and also tells you what is going on during the confusing parts. He also gave me a newfound appreciation of Halo 4 in his other analysis.