CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We're saying it's not happening at all

Well that's a stupid thing to believe

People said the same thing about halo 2 for years

• Upvote (+1) 1

There will always be gamers that will just want simple plug it in and play type of system. More than likely they will stick with AMD for the purpose of having an upgraded GPU architecture that is still similar to the one in the Xbox One. With AMD just showing the RX 480 at over 5 Tflop/s starting at $199, I don't think the Scorpio will be to expensive, I know it's not 100% comparable to the custom APU that will be in the Scorpio but it's a starting point.

Yeah AMD has been battling nvidia by providing more affordable options rather than the best high end cards for awhile. I feel like if they could somehow sell the Scorpio for $300 or less right away they would just flat out win as far as popularity but they would have to have a pretty crazy deal with their manufacturing for that to not be suicide even though consoles are typically sold at a loss anyways.

343i. Don't you fucking dare think about adding grappling hook, and wall running into Halo. I know you're thinking it. Just don't.

Well.....

IF THEY WEREN'T THINKING ABOUT THEN THERE SURE AS HELL THINKING ABOUT IT NOW, THANKS A LOT FLUFFY, YOU REALLY DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE!!1!11

:kappa:

Yeah AMD has been battling nvidia by providing more affordable options rather than the best high end cards for awhile. I feel like if they could somehow sell the Scorpio for $300 or less right away they would just flat out win as far as popularity but they would have to have a pretty crazy deal with their manufacturing for that to not be suicide even though consoles are typically sold at a loss anyways.

I agree, but I think by 2017 the process that AMD is using should come down in price by quite a lot and have much better yields. I think we are getting a little off topic, lol.

honestly a H3 with 60 fps and a rejigged netcode would be so dope. A faster strafe speed and all the original gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

honestly a H3 with 60 fps and a rejigged netcode would be so dope. A faster strafe speed and all the original gametypes.

I question if they shouldn't leave the BR's hit registration alone. How many people liked that about H3? How many people saw it as charm? I didn't have Live back then so I wouldn't know.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Everybody gets a grapple hook, but your shield don't recharge and you can't shoot while you use it.

Did I 343 right?

Seems balanced as fuck to me.

I question if they shouldn't leave the BR's hit registration alone. How many people liked that about H3? How many people saw it as charm? I didn't have Live back then so I wouldn't know.

Fuck no.  Are you high?

• Upvote (+1) 3

LOL. You know what we did/thought about it? Bitched every single game for 3 years. Bitched on the MLG forums. Bitched on bungie's forums. Bitched in bungie's article that explained why they wouldn't fix it. In fact we never stopped. WE STILL DO IT IN 2016 IN THE H5 THREAD YEAAAAAAAAAA. 

I wish I was kidding.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Me and my friends regularly quit H3 because of the god awful hit regisration. Honestly the game's number one flaw was the hitreg, closely followed by the BR spread and the dumb melee system.

Do I trust 343 to improve it? Hell no. I don't care if H3A is a thing or not, because I sure as hell won't buy it

Me and my friends regularly quit H3 because of the god awful hit regisration. Honestly the game's number one flaw was the hitreg, closely followed by the BR spread and the dumb melee system.

Do I trust 343 to improve it? Hell no. I don't care if H3A is a thing or not, because I sure as hell won't buy it

If anything they will make it worse just like CE: Anniversary and H2A. If H3A were to be released they will just find a way to 343 it some how, probably by making the BR hitscan or making it Halo 5 with Halo 3 maps.

Man was that Halo Wars 2 trailer amazing.

Also I'm really happy with Gears of War 4, really nailing the core. Was so disappointed when I saw God of War 4, its like they just decided "fuck it, were making the last of us again". 

Really makes me appreciate them sticking to the core and not making some ND dog with gears.

H3 was the first Halo game that I played online. I still like that game and have a lot of nostalgia for it.

However. The BR hit registration is a horrible part of the game. It's hard for me to imagine how people who played the game and understood the mechanics well enough to know when they got robbed of a kill when they had a perfect four shot could see it as a charm. Then again, we have pro players and people on this website who enjoy AR starts in Arena H5 so nothing would surprise me anymore

Everybody gets a grapple hook, but your shield don't recharge and you can't shoot while you use it.

Did I 343 right?

Only if it doesn't work correctly as well.

Well.....

IF THEY WEREN'T THINKING ABOUT THEN THERE SURE AS HELL THINKING ABOUT IT NOW, THANKS A LOT FLUFFY, YOU REALLY DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE!!1!11

:kappa:

No need to worry, 343 doesn't come here for input.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You still haven't answered my question.

Because it's already on the X1. Because the game's looks hold up very well today. Because it's not as good as people remember it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't forget some actual good dedicated servers not Halo 5's arena servers.

Man was that Halo Wars 2 trailer amazing.

Also I'm really happy with Gears of War 4, really nailing the core. Was so disappointed when I saw God of War 4, its like they just decided "fuck it, were making the last of us again".

Really makes me appreciate them sticking to the core and not making some ND dog with gears.

What?

That God of war game looks amazing.

What?

That God of war game looks amazing.

Lol youd complain about halo changing, but switching a game for hack and slash to some The Last of Us / Hellblade /Ryse hybrid is unacceptable.

Are you kidding me? I played god of war 3 many times cuz I loved hack and slash and the combo style. Not this...

But I guess Sony first party means walking simulator hunting with a kid.

Edit: This is actually so perplexing that people thought it was awesome, maybe as a separate game. Not god of war. I cant imagine hell being raised if DMC5 ditched the hack and slash character action for this. 

Because it's already on the X1. Because the game's looks hold up very well today. Because it's not as good as people remember it.

this, 100%.  H3 is already playable on the X1 and it's not 2007 anymore; I enjoyed H3 a LOT in 2007-09 but it feels so mediocre now

• Upvote (+1) 1