CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

H5's issues would be a lot less problematic if the game actually gave you a way to play it in a casual manner.

It's a sweat fest all the time though so it's mechanics are constantly in a state of heavy scrutiny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5's issues would be a lot less problematic if the game actually gave you a way to play it in a casual manner.

It's a sweat fest all the time though so it's mechanics are constantly in a state of heavy scrutiny.

lol your signature? SR kills in 0.8? do you mean AR?

lol your signature? SR kills in 0.8? do you mean AR?

Seems like it sometimes lol.

Seems like it sometimes lol.

Ah its a joke i see lol, I just think if they increased the spread by quite a margin at mid range even with ADS then AR would be much better don't you?. Seems they want to leave it as is with arena being Ar/pistol starts I have no idea why I like this game but its got quite a few issues, my biggest gripe is the gambling REQ system one thing reach did right i thought was the customization :). OR should i say about the only thing reach got right. :P

Campaign scoring returning with Warzone Firefight.

New achievements too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Adding Score Attack to the Campaign. You can add anything to the campaign, but you're not getting me to play through that piece of garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was I the only one who was wildly disappointed with that update? Gosh I hope they're saving a lot for E3.

About time if there's one thing I always disliked about 343 campaigns is they've never had campaign scoring while every post H3 bungie Halo had them and MCC added them for H1/H2/H4 and it never made much sense why they neglected the feature.

Adding Score Attack to the Campaign. You can add anything to the campaign, but you're not getting me to play through that piece of garbage.

Same here the Wardens just ruin any replayability of the campaign for me though adding in a timer and disabling cutscenes for speedrunners is actually pretty decent.

People can argue all they want about how X, Y, and Z should have been there at launch but the support this game gets, especially outside of competitive MP, is amazing compared to most games today. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Another staple feature clocking in at 7 months. I mean it's cool and all that things are still being added, but damn son. Their time management is so bad.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd really like to know when 343 plans too start making significant changes too WZ/WZA like they made those feedback threads like what 3 months ago...

Like Array for example needs changes to the map itself it's way too biased towards the defending team if you're playing againist a competent team it's pretty much near impossible to take that second base.

I really hope E3 they have more then just Warzone firefight too show off because that's nice and all but it's E3.

People can argue all they want about how X, Y, and Z should have been there at launch but the support this game gets, especially outside of competitive MP, is amazing compared to most games today. 

You would have a point if they did this after shipping a reasonably feature complete game first. Excuse me while I go play The Witcher 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In the nicest way possible that's more of an indication of how shitty the industry has become than it is an indication of 343I doing a good job.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the nicest way possible that's more of an indication of how shitty the industry has become than it is an indication of 343I doing a good job.

More like people have low standard

I think you guys can at least say that regardless of game Mode, the map support has been really good, even if they weren't that great.

I liked that this halo there was no segregation cuz of maps, I hated that in reach. Couldn't buy dlc back then.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think you guys can at least say that regardless of game Mode, the map support has been really good, even if they weren't that great.

They're not really doing a good job there either with the lazy remixes instead of you know...making new maps.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta make that bank.

The best case scenario here is that all of these features they are adding to Halo 5 now will be ready to go for Halo 6 assuming they don't do another "engine overhaul". With that all they'd have to do basically is make new maps and story.

Again people will disagree and I get it because I was frustrated with no infection,no forge, limited options, etc but I guess I just got over it.

Idk. They've mostly just been adding the stuff that should have been there since launch. And the new stuff has somehow managed to make the game less enjoyable (horrid dlc maps and req crap that bloats the system).

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I can see, 343 have made things even more difficult for themselves by frequently choosing the more complex path over one that's tried-and-true. For example;

• Most of the game is reliant on servers instead of running locally on the hardware, which has add lots of complexity to the development and QA process.
  • The Warzone/Arena split means that each asset they build only applies to one half of the game. Whereas previously, each map was compatible with everything.
  • Graphics are pushed to the bleeding edge for what the system can handle. Hyper-detailed assets take more time to create, while also limiting design flexibility.

And each of these is going to create ripple effects that make it difficult for them to deliver on other aspects. Bungie's development seemed more elegant to me by comparison, at least as far as I can tell from the glimpses we get.

Between this game and the MCC, it really seems like an issue of mismanagement and stretching themselves too thin over anything else imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was I the only one who was wildly disappointed with that update? Gosh I hope they're saving a lot for E3.

I mean, news on Halo Wars 2 is a plus. Probably the only thing we can look forward to about Halo at this point.

Good news is everything post launch should be in h6 day 1, unless they are 100% incompetent

Campaign scoring returning with Warzone Firefight.

New achievements too.

Well this is good news; unfortunately campaign-extenders like Scoring need to be present early in a game's life cycle to maintain campaign play over longer periods of time and cast the widest possible net over campaign players.

Now all we need is Campaign Theater and hopefully that'll all be present in Halo 6: Subtitle (as @@Zeezbruh mentioned). None of that will make up for a disappointing campaign, however ...