CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My spartan wont SPRINT!! after jumping or meleeing, he wont start sprinting. thats one of my few complaints. Flinch, and scope delay for dmr and snipers are others. but damn man. 343 pls

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to be completely honest. I'm going to probably sell my Xbox One and get a Wii U after this week. 

I am not confident in 343i's ability to release a game without major bugs/bad UI. The MCC was excused, but some of the bugs in Halo 5 lead me to believe something is seriously wrong in their testing process/capabilities. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From what I've gathered (and it honestly wouldn't surprise me) 343 may have increased the levels of aim assist from the early access beta to the public beta.

Can anyone who has played both versions attest to this?

Nope. Exact same game.

But honestly coming from someone who generally sucks with a controller, I have no clue what people are talking about when they say that H5 has less aim assist. That AR pretty much has lock on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't Gandhi hop without going into that cheesy ground pound mechanic. 

Sprinting is pointless, your shields come back really fast if you don't sprint.

Love how grenades throw spartan has an arm again

You can start sprinting again the second your shields start coming back up. It's far from useless.

This is pretty polished for a beta honestly. Most of the issues I have had so far are really just balance and complaints. Sad that this works 5x better than MCC 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nope. Exact same game.

But honestly coming from someone who generally sucks with a controller, I have no clue what people are talking about when they say that H5 has less aim assist. That AR pretty much has lock on.

Pistol has the least aim assist, then DMR, then BR & Automatics.

Can't Gandhi hop without going into that cheesy ground pound mechanic. 

You can if you only tap the crouch button, don't hold it.

amazing (via r/halo)

YHJN2gx.jpg

It's because the lobbies are broken. It happened to me where I was AFK at the main menu, someone joined me and started the game. I came back I was in a game without pressing a single button.

Parties need to be fixed and brought back to the original system. Even for a beta, it's a big deal.

I hope we have another test this summer.

Opinions so far:
1. Sprint + Thruster is a get out of jail free card. The solution I have come to is instead of stopping shield recharging while (and after for 4 seconds) you're sprinting you should make it so when you're shields are weak you can't go into sprint. Think about it imagine someone attacks you and you immediately just walk around a corner and now they are chasing you if you can get away long enough to recharge your shields with one thruster then awesome you earned it but if you use sprint and then thruster to put as much distance as possible between you and your opponent to be able to then crouch in a corner for 4 seconds to recharge your shields then the mechanic is tragic. Thruster gives the player more options as it gives way to make a "reversal" or to get to cover or to simply aid in an escape whereas sprint is only useful in the latter when someone has first shot/nade on you. This is why I believe you should only be able to sprint when you have full shields. 

2. The overwhelming amount of flinch/recoil doesn't serve to make the game more skillful but only to make it more inconsistent IMO.

3.  This is a fundamental problem with the game and how sprint affects it so feel free to ignore this point. Sprint slows the game down sooo much, the maps are still too big and the lines of sight are funky at best man. I find myself looking for players so much more than in Halo 2 Anniversary which if you enter a game in on lets say the map Warlock you will constantly hear shooting, grenading, shotgunning, etc whereas in this game I literally feel like I am looking/waiting for players most of the time. So since I don't want to hop onto the blame sprint bandwagon I will say that the way the game flows is still too slow paced in the sense of what is actually going on in the game not in the sense of am I going fast enough with this unlimited sprint and thruster pack I have. This needs to be fixed but I have no idea how, my only solution is to make the maps smaller and more open but don't think that would work with sprint so I think you need to make the line of sights a bit better on all the maps so players have more angles for cross mapping.

That's all for now guys and on the brightside I think the individual skill gap is amazing in terms of gunskill and I appreciate it 343! 

PS: Make it so I can disable impulse triggers as soon as possible they annoy me to no end :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is pretty polished for a beta honestly. Most of the issues I have had so far are really just balance and complaints. Sad that this works 5x better than MCC 

An hour ago I would've said the same but my friend and I are encountering numerous bugs that require the game to be shut down to fix all of a sudden.

Seems extremely buggy like MCC.

I'm going to be completely honest. I'm going to probably sell my Xbox One and get a Wii U after this week. 

I am not confident in 343i's ability to release a game without major bugs/bad UI. The MCC was excused, but some of the bugs in Halo 5 lead me to believe something is seriously wrong in their testing process/capabilities.

You do understand what the purpose of a beta is, right?

I see potential in this game if they strip it and tweak it...but my god.....there is a lot of work to be done. Let  us all take a second...bow our heads...and thank whatever god you want to that they have a beta for this and didn't just release it.

I'm not sure how you forget to give people the option to turn off vibration. Until than I'm not playing, I stopped playing BF4 for this same reason.

Pistol has the least aim assist, then DMR, then BR & Automatics.

How does this even make sense? Auto's are spray and prey why the hell would they need more AA?

• Upvote (+1) 4

You do understand what the purpose of a beta is, right?

Beta'a shouldn't be testing whether you are able to back out of a lobby. Or whether the kill cam works. It should be testing gameplay, server load, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not sure how you forget to give people the option to turn off vibration. Until than I'm not playing, I stopped playing BF4 for this same reason.

I agree...that was  the first thing I tried to change...the combo fo vibration, flinch, etc  is too annoying.

Beta'a shouldn't be testing whether you are able to back out of a lobby. Or whether the kill cam works. It should be testing gameplay, server load, etc.

You seriously misunderstand the whole point of this beta.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You seriously misunderstand the whole point of this beta.

? My point is that this is stuff they should be able to see internally. Just like whether someone has their Mic plugged in. It looks rushed just like the MCC.

• Downvote (-1) 1

List of errors that I've encountered:

I got an error message saying there are server issues while searching. Now I cannot back out unless I quit the build or I get another error message if I get one.

Unable to back out while searching. (B Back button is gone). Again, either quit the build or wait for an error message to send me back to the lobby.

Submitting a player review is the exact same if you click on View Gamercard.

Sprint is half of the time not responsive (Tested the controller with Titanfall and works fine)

When leaving the lobby it doesn't send me back to matchmaking lobby, but takes me back to the main menu. And it takes incredibly long to load up that main menu too.

Screen freezes, continues, and the announcer says slayer more than once.

After leaving a match and going to Spartan Hub during search, Spartan appears pink and ridicule appears in the middle of the screen.

Performance Increase +-86

There's no way to tell if players have quit or not.

Spree is earned 1 kill after death after respawn.

List of Nitpicks:

Shoulder charging with a empty Prophet's Bane is an instant kill.

? My point is that this is stuff they should be able to see internally. Just like whether someone has their Mic plugged in. It looks rushed just like the MCC.

That is not stuff they always can test inside. In the company only x amount of games are played. Now there are so many games played what makes the change of these bug happening much and much larger.

This kind of stuff is a part of a beta