CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So far I'll say it's a good start, and the game has a lot of potential.

The game would play better with slightly smaller maps and a slightly faster base speed.

Thruster would be better with a smaller distance, and allowing us to shoot while thrustering would turn it into more of an offensive ability and add more skill to the game.

Smart scope shouldn't take up any part of the screen, or increase accuracy, the game should just have a graphically different version of the original scope imo, SS doesn't feel like halo.

Flinch should be cut, there's no reason for it, and makes the game more of a who shoots first game combined with SS.

Charge should be mapped to thruster and not go third person. You would need to press thruster than melee quickly to do it. Sort of like a combo but not as difficult.

Slide should get the exact same treatment as charge(listed above).

Ground pound should have its AOE condensed to that of a spartan, making it so that you can only kill a player and not damage him if you are a little off. The angle should also be decreased. GP should only be possible within a 20 or 15 degree angle, as to prevent escape. Charge time should be longer as well.

Strafing should be a little more responsive, though it's good as is.

Clamber I don't think really needs to be in the game, it lowers the jumping skill gap, crouch jumping accomplishes everything clamber does but creates a skill gap, which is better for the game.

Less audio clutter

More visceral gun sounds

Custom button layouts

Recoil should be cut from guns like the pistol and at while scoping(accuracy wouldnt be increased in scope so recoil is redundant).

Larger grenade throw distance

• Upvote (+1) 2

can someone tell me how to turn off vibration please and god the flinch is annoying

You can't in the beta.

Just went 5-21-0, interesting. At least assists work really well in this game, was fearing Reach's mechanics.

Which control scheme is everyone using?

I'm really used to bumper jumper but sprint being on A is just insane.

I also agree the assault rifle has around the power of the H4 saw. It was perfect in Halo 4 Turbo this is just ridiculous 

Indeed. The headshot modifier seems bit of a overkill and random.

I also agree the assault rifle has around the power of the H4 saw. It was perfect in Halo 4 Turbo this is just ridiculous 

Ya kinda sucks.  Like I literally don't even search for Br, DMR, especially on empire with its tight quarters cuz I know I can win with ar like 8/10 times

Im playing on bump jump, and the sprint button doesnt work sometimes,

And also while sprinting, pressing the sprint button again doesn't stop it.

How did they not catch this?

Rank is dependant on win loss I'm guessing?

Win/Loss/Performance.

Also the AR is really just useable.  Certainly not overpowered.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Played five matches. First thoughts.

- Sprint is mind-numbingly annoying. I pretty much forget to do it most of the time and have lost many people who sprint away from the battle. Has not been fixed.

- Grenades are too powerful.

- AR and SMG melt so fast. Someone compared it to the SAW. I can see why. If I was a player with good aim, this would really annoy me. Regardless, as a casual player who isn't that good at precision, I'm happy I am not completely dead in the water with AR. So mixed feelings here.

- Sniper's zoom is an abomination. 

- When I smart scope the AR, I beat BR/DMR players eight times out of ten at mid to mid-long range. Don't think that should be happening.

Will post in the official feedback thread when I've played a couple hours more.

From what I've gathered (and it honestly wouldn't surprise me) 343 may have increased the levels of aim assist from the early access beta to the public beta.

Can anyone who has played both versions attest to this?

amazing (via r/halo)

In case anyone didn't know, the maps are constantly loaded in the background hence no load times.

Sprinting is pointless, your shields come back really fast if you don't sprint.

Love how grenades throw spartan has an arm again