CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

what if my teammates are afk?

That's unfortunate for sure. Quicker AFK detection would help. Once the AFK gets kicked them you should be able to quit IMO. You shouldn't have to play a man down. Trust me its just as annoying for the other team to play lopsided games. At least it should be.

Nice to see more jumping the Locke avatar train, but you gotta pay for that right m8

I was on it BEFORE it was cool.  8)

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's unfortunate for sure. Quicker AFK detection would help. Once the AFK gets kicked them you should be able to quit IMO. You shouldn't have to play a man down. Trust me its just as annoying for the other team to play lopsided games. At least it should be.

I know it's just as annoying for the other team. That's precisely why I should be able to quit out of a 4v1 slayer in my favor in which it will take 10 minutes to hunt the 1 guy down and then I should be able to search for another game if I only have 10 minutes to play before work

I don't even know why, at launch the servers were awesome. I remember saying at the start that's one of the best things about H5...

I think it have something to with that 343 removed the region lock

a lot of people stopped playing and they needed to unlock the servers to compensate.

(allegedly)

I think it have something to with that 343 removed the region lock

Didn't they remove region lock because so many people bitched about it at launch? I remember a lot of videos and comments regarding it. 

I can understand though if they got rid of it to compensate for player loss.

To be frank, their quit ban system is complete garbage and doesn't address any of the core issues that likely lead to quitting, of which there are many. And on top of that, I can say with certainty that the vast majority of the times I have gotten banned, it was for quitting a SOCIAL PLAYLIST, and it was the only time I had quit out of a match in the past week or more. For example: joined in a Grifball match in progress on the clearly losing team, immediately spawned inside of a wall and could not die, quit the game because I literally couldn't even play, and BANNED. That's moronic and I know for a fact that if I got on now, having not played the game at all in some time, I would immediately be banned if I quit once. That isn't solving any problems. It's a big, ugly band-aid that's trying to cover up larger, systemic issues with their match-making experience as a whole.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't they remove region lock because so many people bitched about it at launch? I remember a lot of videos and comments regarding it. 

I can understand though if they got rid of it to compensate for player loss.

I think the best way to solve the problem is server selection, not the region lock.

To be frank, their quit ban system is complete garbage and doesn't address any of the core issues that likely lead to quitting, of which there are many. And on top of that, I can say with certainty that the vast majority of the times I have gotten banned, it was for quitting a SOCIAL PLAYLIST, and it was the only time I had quit out of a match in the past week or more. For example: joined in a Grifball match in progress on the clearly losing team, immediately spawned inside of a wall and could not die, quit the game because I literally couldn't even play, and BANNED. That's moronic and I know for a fact that if I got on now, having not played the game at all in some time, I would immediately be banned if I quit once. That isn't solving any problems. It's a big, ugly band-aid that's trying to cover up larger, systemic issues with their match-making experience as a whole.

No you have to stay in man video games are super serious everyone should stay in every game NO MATTER WHAT

Hey, so if I have troll teammates who are constantly weakening me I guess I have to stay in the game because that's reasonable

Thanks captain obvious. What I'm saying is that the consequences don't make sense when there are so many reasons to quit out of the game

I don't think you understand what accepting the consequences means.

Flipped through the pages, might have missed it but I don't think this was discussed.

dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser-a5e699ab1

This was at the top of the blog post from yesterday, with the URL saying "dont-decode-this-halo5-teaser". With the break we've had from Hog Wild, and we know the upcoming Firefight update, what could this mean? Forge world is out of the question, new map for firefight? Note this is a never seen before concept art.

I don't think you understand what accepting the consequences means.

I understand what that means. If I quit out in this game enough times I accept that I will be banned.

Do you understand what it means when someone believes that the consequences can and should be changed?

Flipped through the pages, might have missed it but I don't think this was discussed.

dont-decode-this-halo-5-teaser-a5e699ab1

This was at the top of the blog post from yesterday, with the URL saying "dont-decode-this-halo5-teaser". With the break we've had from Hog Wild, and we know the upcoming Firefight update, what could this mean? Forge world is out of the question, new map for firefight? Note this is a never seen before concept art.

Teaser for the post-June updates.

Why don't people who have an issue with the quit bans just make new accounts? Takes 2 seconds.

Personally I just wanna get better at the game so even if it's 3v4 or I get shit teamates vs a t04 I try to just focus on my own gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another reminder of how terribly off-base and better the marketing to this game was.

Why don't people who have an issue with the quit bans just make new accounts? Takes 2 seconds.

Personally I just wanna get better at the game so even if it's 3v4 or I get shit teamates vs a t04 I try to just focus on my own gameplay.

1. Having to make a second account to circumvent a bad system is ridiculous

2. I'm all for bettering my gameplay but there are some days where I just don't have it in me to get shit on in a 3v4 against a to4

2. I'm all for bettering my gameplay but there are some days where I just don't have it in me to get shit on in a 3v4 against a to4

1. It's an option. I don't really find it ridiculous. When we didn't have as strict a system people whined as well.

2. Your issue is mostly with no party restrictions then, not the bans. Which I agree with.

1. It's an option. I don't really find it ridiculous. When we didn't have as strict a system people whined as well.

People may have whined before but my whining makes more sense :kappa:

Have you tried getting a to4 together yourself?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Have you tried getting a to4 together yourself?

Yes. Should I have to do that for the game to be enjoyable?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another reminder of how terribly off-base and better the marketing to this game was.

Wait what, is this real? Never seen this before.

I REALLY dug the Knights of Cyodinia Muse trailer, it's actually one of my favourite trailers of all time (gameplay). It got me SO pumped for the game, think I watched it maybe 20 times. 

Wait what, is this real? Never seen this before.

I REALLY dug the Knights of Cyodinia Muse trailer, it's actually one of my favourite trailers of all time (gameplay). It got me SO pumped for the game, think I watched it maybe 20 times. 

It wasn't really an official trailer, just a collection of clips on an Xbox promo site that someone put together and suddenly everyone called it a BELIEVE trailer.

But yeah, doesn't really match up with the actual story.

Wow I love lagging out because of shitty servers and going down 30 csr when I go up like 5 csr a win.

This fucking game.

Oh and I'm quit banned too.

Wow

• Upvote (+1) 1