CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hints-and-heroes

Yes.

the AR has a skin that says "counter logic gaming" on it. Oh 343 if only you knew...

edit: yes i know its an esports organization.

• Upvote (+1) 1

... Why doesn't the Forge team run 343i again?

Because that's not how it works.

Why must you destroy my dreams of having Tom French as head of 343.

It'd be so nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After testing is finished and all known exploits are fixed.

Do you know how long they've been saying that? Hasn't it been a few months?

My internet provider must hate me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Halo 5 like three times this week.

Also totally accidentally negged you Moa.

My internet provider must hate me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Halo 5 like three times this week.

Also totally accidentally negged you Moa.

Fixed. XP 

On an unrelated note, absolutely HYPED about those team skins. Really good design and coloration so far.

I was really hoping each team in pro league would have a weapon skin pack and an emblem, but if that concept picture is reflective of what we'll get I'm still really excited for them.

Given the relative success of two AAA shooters that lack sprint(Doom and Overwatch), 343i has absolutely no excuse to add it into Halo 6. Arguably barring Warzone, and Big Team.

Given the relative success of two AAA shooters that lack sprint(Doom and Overwatch), 343i has absolutely no excuse to add it into Halo 6. Arguably barring Warzone, and Big Team.

but...but doom isnt supposed to played with sprint, its never had it before, halo is different man!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude. I don't mean to be rude but if you believe they're actually testing the 2v2 maps, you're wrong. I normally word my posts a little vaguely so I don't give my sources away but I don't really care at this point.

Warholic told me that a month AFTER he submit the doubles maps, he Skyped a few of the pro players at 343 how they liked the maps. They said they hadn't played them yet. War said he urged the multiplayer guys over at 343 to hurry and push for the playlist because all the CC's made an extraordinary effort to get the maps to 343 by the deadline (March 27th). After they were tested, the forgers who made the maps (whom I converse with almost daily) received their feedback, and had corrected versions back within 3 days. That's it. They've had about 2 months since then and they haven't done anything. I don't remember a particular CC's exact words but only several days ago he mentioned to me that he tried to contact the appropriate person at 343 to see where in the pipeline was the doubles playlist. But they said they literally haven't touched the maps since they received them.

I'm sorry but 343 literally doesn't care at all, about doubles. It was supposed to be up before FFA swat, before super fiesta, waaaay before all of that. But it's not gonna happen. As of 4 days ago when I asked warholic his words were "probably another couple weeks". Please don't buy into uny's bullshit. I know you saw his response and downvoted my comment on Reddit, well there's the facts for you. Uny lied.

There's not constant communication or rigorous testing going on. They're lying.

Well that's unfortunate.

It actually starts to get on my nerves when I think about doubles in H5. Typically stuff I'd complain about is me just pointing out flaws but on some level I don't really care that much. This is different though. Its a tragedy that a game mode which was played and loved by so many people for so long was literally dumpstered by 343. They haven't made a decent effort whatsoever to fix their mistakes. The community created forge maps for doubles were a great idea but they didn't even need to go that far. They just needed to adjust ammo and weapon placements on maps to reflect an environment with 4 total players. They didn't. They don't. Assuming there aren't any bugs that can't be fixed with developer tools its quick job to patch it up enough to be a playlist while they work on gathering forge maps. If we could get them to drop the weapon pad idea (unless they've already fixed not being able to adjust ammo on those) I could fix it in a few minutes per map. I don't understand. It feels terrible being someone that did GB 2v2s and always enjoyed 2s in every single Halo more than I did 4v4. They have totally failed anyone that ever enjoyed 2v2 gameplay in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude. I don't mean to be rude but if you believe they're actually testing the 2v2 maps, you're wrong. I normally word my posts a little vaguely so I don't give my sources away but I don't really care at this point.

Warholic told me that a month AFTER he submit the doubles maps, he Skyped a few of the pro players at 343 how they liked the maps. They said they hadn't played them yet. War said he urged the multiplayer guys over at 343 to hurry and push for the playlist because all the CC's made an extraordinary effort to get the maps to 343 by the deadline (March 27th). After they were tested, the forgers who made the maps (whom I converse with almost daily) received their feedback, and had corrected versions back within 3 days. That's it. They've had about 2 months since then and they haven't done anything. I don't remember a particular CC's exact words but only several days ago he mentioned to me that he tried to contact the appropriate person at 343 to see where in the pipeline was the doubles playlist. But they said they literally haven't touched the maps since they received them.

I'm sorry but 343 literally doesn't care at all, about doubles. It was supposed to be up before FFA swat, before super fiesta, waaaay before all of that. But it's not gonna happen. As of 4 days ago when I asked warholic his words were "probably another couple weeks". Please don't buy into uny's bullshit. I know you saw his response and downvoted my comment on Reddit, well there's the facts for you. Uny lied.

There's not constant communication or rigorous testing going on. They're lying.

Hey man what do you expect? You think they have time for map testing and playlist creation when they have to make the things the community really wants. Neon green warthog.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Here are the reviews.

You didn't need to embed all of them. The odd one or two and a link would have been golden.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You didn't need to embed all of them. The odd one or two and a link would have been golden.

That's true. I just put the link there.

I also accidentally negged you (seriously). Fuck me... sorry.

That's true. I just put the link there.

I also accidentally negged you (seriously). Fuck me... sorry.

I'm used to negs :P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Those reviews actually provide some REALLY good insight towards 343i as a company. Thanks for that.

Those reviews confirmed what was suspected all along. 343's main problem is the management. From the lack of vision, to the poor time management skills. It all makes sense of how disasters like the MCC and halo 4 came about. And how sloppy H5 is being handled currently.

• Upvote (+1) 5

36% of reviewers disapproving of the CEO is pretty bad (for Glassdoor), esp. given that overall reviews of the company are positive

though in my experience, having used Glassdoor for years, the negative reviews are often just whining and aren't exactly accurate ... for every person leaving a negative review, there are 10 happy employees.  it would be like asking the most butthurt posters in this thread for their opinion of H5's gameplay ... if you went by the negative reviews on my employer in Glassdoor you'd think it was a terrible place to work, but it's not really