CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I played literally one game but I gotta eat but wanted to see what the reaction was.

1. No sprint, bump up movement speed (obv)

2.  the ADS doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but they should definitely go back to old-school scopes on the precision weapons. Haven't noticed the AR being op yet but keeping an eye out. Smg feels like SAW-lite, but as an on-map pickup I'm okay with it, maybe nerf it a little bit

3. lots of obvious beta things that need smoothing out (kill screen transitions, spawning into the map, looking at you) 

4. clamber doesn't bug me at all like I thought it would (Yet)

5. everyone having thrusters really adds something imo

6. the voiceover callouts are WAY better than I thought they would be. that "good kill" shit could go, but the actually game-relevant stuff is HUGE 

7. take out the post-game sports-esque celebrations, I get what you're trying to do here, but instead just show the winning team behind the scoreboard or something like that so they get that recognition, not high fives after just killing like 50 people 

Hovering while scoped in desperately needs to go.

you can turn that off in the settings brah

just switch auto-stabilize off 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hovering while scoped in desperately needs to go.

You can turn that automatic function off in settings, I believe.

Can someone help me out?  I turn on H5, go to extras and the H5 Beta option is still unable to be selected. 

Is there a different way you need to go about downloading it?

"Enhance Spartan Combat"

Yeah anyone remembered the armor effects you could get if you pre-ordered Halo: Reach? (or if it was loosely distributed, whatever)

Could it get any worse than that?

Can someone help me out?  I turn on H5, go to extras and the H5 Beta option is still unable to be selected. 

Is there a different way you need to go about downloading it?

Halo Channel, skip through Episode 4 of Nightfall and get to the Rewards screen. Choose Play Halo under the Nightfall armour and it'll take you to the Halo 5 beta download screen.

Halo Channel, skip through Episode 4 of Nightfall and get to the Rewards screen. Choose Play Halo under the Nightfall armour and it'll take you to the Halo 5 beta download screen.

Roger, many thanks

Anyone noticed when zoomed in with the BR, pressing sprint won't zoom you out?

Yep. Died at least twice because of it.

Doesn't feel like Halo at all. SMH 

Played 5 games and this is my conclusion as well, I spent the first three games trying to scope with LT, because the game feels so much like CoD to me. I will play this game more, and will give constructive feedback, but I cannot see myself buying this game. 

Playing it like I would play Halo 2 and murdering everyone.  Thruster dominates the melee game.  DMR is incredibly strong.  

Feels like an amalgamation of Reach minus all the gay stuff and Destiny without ******** one shotting super powers.

Dunno where this will end up when it's only good players in the lobby but for pubstomping this game will do just fine.  Thruster shits on noobs.

Got two ground-pound kills in my second game. That was about the only fun thing I did, but not fun in a competitive way. 

Sprint once again has ruined a Halo game. The map movement is too easy, there is no more advantage to map control. Need to get somewhere? Just sprint, jump, thrust, ground pound your way there, no more thought involved!