CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If there is a purge, I REALLY hope the moderators see that I put in work.  Been having some real life stuff come up lately but I think that I've done enough towards getting the Achilles helmet to warrant my permanent residence in the company. D:

Anyone else sick of lag outs counting as losses?

I haven't lost a warzone match in over a thousand games but have 10+ losses from lagging out thanks to these shitty servers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem I have with them asking how 'fun' a playlist was is that it doesnt tell them whether it was a good playlist/gametype that they fucked up or if it was a playlist that was actually really bad.

If there is a purge, I REALLY hope the moderators see that I put in work.  Been having some real life stuff come up lately but I think that I've done enough towards getting the Achilles helmet to warrant my permanent residence in the company. D:

@@Infinity pls don't kill him

Did 343 fuck with the aiming or something why does my reticle keep drifting upwards in Warzone when I'm using the longshot BR.  :kappa:

If y'all kick me from the company I'll hack your runescape accounts

Don't do it, @@Infinity.

playing alone makes me a sad panda

c197711e16.png

If y'all kick me from the company I'll hack your runescape accounts

Just talk Raven into going on a huge pun spree if you get kicked.

Anyone else hoping the ranked season lasts for the length of pro league? The monthly resets are getting a little old.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm convinced Warzone Assault is some kind of sick joke

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I will do Halo 5 lessons for 10m RS3 gold.  :kappa:

RS3???  :wutface:

I find it more fun the the default warzone

Pretty sure I've been offense for the last 15 games I've played of it.

Right... Okay that's one hell of a business plan, cut splitscreen to sell more Xbox. And I guess jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, but it can melt split screen?

Not really interested in conspiracies.

LOL except the 9/11 conspiracy can be debunked with science. There's no way to debunk the possibility that they told 343 not to waste resources on split screen because it will sell more consoles anyway. I'm not saying it was some master scheme, just a cost benefit analysis.

This is the same company with memos like this:

"The Windows API is so broad, so deep, and so functional that most Independent Software Vendors would be crazy not to use it. And it is so deeply embedded in the source code of many Windows apps that there is a huge switching cost to using a different operating system instead... It is this switching cost that has given the customers the patience to stick with Windows through all our mistakes, our buggy drivers, our high TCO (total cost of ownership), our lack of a sexy vision at times, and many other difficulties [...] Customers constantly evaluate other desktop platforms, [but] it would be so much work to move over that they hope we just improve Windows rather than force them to move. In short, without this exclusive franchise called the Windows API, we would have been dead a long time ago."

And the same company that for 12 years told PC manufacturers if they didn't limit the amount of PCs they sold without Windows installed, they would increase the price of the per unit cost for the PCs they did sell with Windows.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've played about 20 games of it this week. Only one time has the core been destroyed.

What a balanced gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL except the 9/11 conspiracy can be debunked with science. There's no way to debunk the possibility that they told 343 not to waste resources on split screen because it will sell more consoles anyway. I'm not saying it was some master scheme, just a cost benefit analysis.

"The Windows API is so broad, so deep, and so functional that most Independent Software Vendors would be crazy not to use it. And it is so deeply embedded in the source code of many Windows apps that there is a huge switching cost to using a different operating system instead... It is this switching cost that has given the customers the patience to stick with Windows through all our mistakes, our buggy drivers, our high TCO (total cost of ownership), our lack of a sexy vision at times, and many other difficulties [...] Customers constantly evaluate other desktop platforms, [but] it would be so much work to move over that they hope we just improve Windows rather than force them to move. In short, without this exclusive franchise called the Windows API, we would have been dead a long time ago."

And the same company that for 12 years told PC manufacturers if they didn't limit the amount of PCs they sold without Windows installed, they would increase the price of the per unit cost for the PCs they did sell with Windows.

Ya but I can't see the number of xboxs sold due to a lack of splitscreen offsetting the number of h5 copies not sold because of a lack of splitscreen.

Like what moron would buy a whole seperate xbox just to play H5 together?

It's simply another case of mismanagement of resources and time by 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So uh could someone tell me if my reticle drifting upwards that I mentioned in my post is normal or not? Because I made point of checking the other Halo game and I didn't notice any different so I'm guessing it's just some 343 fuckery.

I find it more fun the the default warzone

WZA is way better then the regular Warzone honestly especially if you have a good group you can end the games 2 minutes on offense and you don't have to deal with any of the bull shit that comes with regular like bosses.

Playing it solo is ass though since you get paired with thumbless teammates generally and is basically a guaranteed loss if you match a party of 12.

The 343 defenders are a funny bunch. As soon as you say 343 has some kind of agenda i.e. cutting split screen or REQ payouts in warzone being ridiculously high compared to Arena they instantly accuse you of wearing a "tinfoil hat" and add in a "9/11 was an inside job" meme.

Did they cut split screen to sell more Xbones? Debatable and we will probably never know but the fact that split screen wasn't there to begin with and that they refused to let the community know until the last minute tells me all I need to know about 343i.