CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Generally you try to avoid being so terrible that you get sued for billions of dollars by the government. Because that's kinda bad business.

If you'd do the same thing you're basically arguing you think it's ok break laws that benefit consumers and smaller businesses without remorse. I can't defend that thought process.

I mean I wouldn't try to get sued, but getting more money in the long run is what matters.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't play those games. I play halo. In Halo a mouse and keyboard would give an advantage.

You're comparing abusing an imaginary ranking system to someone having the ability to ban you from bring able to play games? Uh, ok. I play console games largely because of how stupid online gaming pc can get. I don't want it mixed in to my console.

What you're saying is fair, but M/KB doesn't give a strict advantage, especially in certain Halo's. KB/M players in Halo 2 Vista have complained for years about the incredibly strong aim assist controllers receive and the fact that certain button combos are much easier with a controller. NEITHER platform wants crossplay for shooters.

For the record, I also don't believe Halo should be cross-play, and thats made abdundantly clear with 343 making sure Xbox Halo 5 users cannot play with PC Halo 5 forge users in customs.

Also yes modding is an issue, but lets make it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. Rocket League and SF V cross-play thus far has been very positive, and I see no need to gimp peoples experiences because of the low possibility of encountering a modder.

Anyways cross-play is optional, and I don't even expect many games to allow it (shooters etc...). PS4 cross-play with rocket league is already optional, so you get the best of both worlds :)

I don't expect crossplay to be too big of an issue. They are well aware of differences between platform input method and issues with modding, perhaps overtly so.

Then what is it? Please elaborate? UWP? Cross play? Cross buy? What else feeds into the narrative that they don't care from what they are showing??

Its a little more nuisance than just the selection of games they offer. They're a company very focused on creating a good but closed experience, and those are just different values than what most PC users are used to. The Windows Store is NOT mod friendly at all, even in traditionally mod-heavy games like Minecraft. Much of their motivation to create an attractive store is to push Windows 10, mimicking what they did for Vista, which eventually failed horribly in the death of GFWL and any of the games connected to it, once that platform was no longer needed for the Vista push.

For Vista, they dangled a half-assed Halo port over our heads, and now for 10, they are dangling literally half of a Halo port over our heads again. Very few in the PC gaming community have any respect or trust in their ability to create a stable platform for gaming once their real goal (creating a larger base of Windows 10 users) is accomplished.

I mean I wouldn't try to get sued, but getting more money in the long run is what matters.

Negged you by accident, sorry bruh!

My mom? That's how I got my couch. Like I'm going to drop 6000 on a couch all at once.

Practically any big ticket purchase can go on a payment plan. Except a console. Makes no sense.

pr schwaaaa?  6 Gs on a couch? im assuming hyperbole.  anyway, i was making a "Good Will Hunting" joke.  Maybe i have just seen that movie too many times or im starting to show my age :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

They have to. Why do you think Xbox exclusives are turning into "Microsoft" exclusives. They need the revenue from PC gaming, since they lost the console war to Sony. It's not reason why I would love for them to bring Xbox and Windows 10 together but I'm glad that they are. Also I will say Phil Spencer is partly responsible for this too, he is definitely doing good things that are gamer friendly.

I agree that they have to. Xbox is getting dumped on, and it's their own fault.

well, huh

82cc42b4a0.png

Sprint has always been an interesting topic for me personally. I never really understood the hate it received, and it wasn't till I really came here and started debating that I've started to realise yes, it does have a negative impact. Personally I'd love to see Halo get rid of it for it's competitive playlists.

It kind of reminds of of WoW for those who've played it, and the addition of flying mounts into the game. It's made it too convenient and ruined the feel of the "world", and trivialises going from point A to point B by removing all threats, and makes the world smaller as you encounter less people on the way. Blizzard could see the negative impact it had on their game.

They tried getting rid of it with Warlords, where you couldn't fly in the new areas. But it got to a point where so many people fought against it because they're used to it. This is something I can see happening with sprint.

well, huh

82cc42b4a0.png

ive been saying that since day one.

The campaign in every halo game is what dictates the design of the mp.

Doom seems to be the exception to it.

ive been saying that since day one.

The campaign in every halo game is what dictates the design of the mp.

Doom seems to be the exception to it.

But the converse in the sense that the campaign in doom is designed much better than the multi.

The most therapeutic thing I've ever seen. Halo 5 idle animations are goat.

343 spent more time on idle animations then on there maps confirmed 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Why would you make idle animations when you CANT be idle in the game.

Also, no shooter should ever be cross-platform, period. Change the motherfucking topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would you make idle animations when you CANT be idle in the game.

Also, no shooter should ever be cross-platform, period. Change the motherfucking topic.

Because why not? It's not like the animation guys have a lot going on.

But the converse in the sense that the campaign in doom is designed much better than the multi.

yeah, because they outsourced the mp.

same thing happend with medal of honor reboot, sp campaign was amazing, but the mp was designed by dice and you could tell the sp campaign was much more authentic and real than the mp. mp was garbage.

the thing devs dont get is that sp and mp need to be diff, but the mp needs to make sense from a balance perspective. just because sp has sprint doesn't mean you have to make mp have it.

yeah, because they outsourced the mp.

same thing happend with medal of honor reboot, sp campaign was amazing, but the mp was designed by dice and you could tell the sp campaign was much more authentic and real than the mp. mp was garbage.

the thing devs dont get is that sp and mp need to be diff, but the mp needs to make sense from a balance perspective. just because sp has sprint doesn't mean you have to make mp have it.

I'm really hoping that Halo 6s multiplayer will be designed like this. Warzone is designed to play like Halo 5 and the Arena is designed to play like Halo CE. But dreams will be dreams. And I've learned to not get too excited for possibilities.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm really hoping that Halo 6s multiplayer will be designed like this. Warzone is designed to play like Halo 5 and the Arena is designed to play like Halo CE. But dreams will be dreams. And I've learned to not get too excited for possibilities.

The last thing Halo needs is yet another identity crisis.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fine. A more arena refined Halo experience that mimics CE and Halo 5. That would feel natural to Halo 5 players and CE players.

Once halo 2 came out... the identity was completely lost and hasn't been found since.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once halo 2 came out... the identity was completely lost and hasn't been found since.

That depends on your definition of its identity. To a more Arena competitive players then yes your right. But to at least the majority of players, Halo lost its identity to Halo Reach/4.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Playing like a Halo game instead of Generic Modern SF Shooter Vaguely Inspired by Halo and also CoD and League of Legends™ would create an identity crisis? That seems a bit backwards to me. Though, I suppose having both in the same game would be confusing for the people still playing Halo 5 that don't like the originals, are fond of bullet hose "tactics," need a 30m motion tracker to make any decisions, and want to go fast like Sanic Hegehog. I would solve that by replacing Warzone with something good.

I wouldn't say that at all. Halo CE is my favorite multiplayer and campaign, but I still think H2 and H3 very much felt like Halo games, despite the questionable design changes. Even Reach felt pretty Haloish. Really, most people think H3 or H2 when they think of Halo. Because they're ignorant.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Playing like a Halo game instead of Generic Modern SF Shooter Vaguely Inspired by Halo and also CoD and League of Legends™ would create an identity crisis? That seems a bit backwards to me. Though, I suppose having both in the same game would be confusing for the people still playing Halo 5 that don't like the originals, are fond of bullet hose "tactics," need a 30m motion tracker to make any decisions, and want to go fast like Sanic Hegehog. I would solve that by replacing Warzone with something good.

I wouldn't say that at all. Halo CE is my favorite multiplayer and campaign, but I still think H2 and H3 very much felt like Halo games, despite the questionable design changes. Even Reach felt pretty Haloish. Really, most people think H3 or H2 when they think of Halo. Because they're ignorant. :kappa:

Why remove Warzone? It's a fantastic concept that with some iterations could be perfection.
  • Upvote (+1) 2