CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

/r/Halo Sprint poll results are in

69% said that they don't like Sprint in Halo

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qpdbm/surprising_poll_results_sprint_halo_does_the/

:rekt:

I remember about a year ago, BS Angel posted in a thread on Waypoint saying as a matter of fact that the vast majority of the Halo community likes Halo 4 and the direction they took the game in with things such as sprint, flinch and personal ordnance. Of course she couldn't answer for where she got that information.

It's obvious that the guys at 343 sit around believing what they want to believe when it comes to what the fans want out of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nope. Not pre ordering. Screw that.

Totally agree!  These guys are out of their of tree.  Fix the currently released and very broken Halo Master Chief Collection first. Once that's working, then you can tell us all about how great Halo 5 will be and why we should pre-order months prior to release. Hopefully people will wait until solid reviews are out before purchasing Halo 5. 

I remember about a year ago, BS Angel posted in a thread on Waypoint saying as a matter of fact that the vast majority of the Halo community likes Halo 4 and the direction they took the game in with things such as sprint, flinch and personal ordnance. Of course she couldn't answer for where she got that information.

It's obvious that the guys at 343 sit around believing what they want to believe when it comes to what the fans want out of Halo.

I liked all those things, my opinion is the only one that matters, so there's your majority. Kappa

Movement speed increase, get rid of sprint, and this game is actually really fun.

That is all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's always amusing when people try to explain away and work around hard fact, like a significant dropoff in population

Honestly though my first game was found in less than 5 seconds, and didn't have any crashes or gameplay problems. Played flawlessly.

I just feel like Spartans move around like they're socializing through a ballroom when not sprinting. It's dumb. They should be sprinting ALL the time, all while aiming/able to shoot. That's what makes them SUPER soldiers. This power-walking bullshit needs to go, and so does having to press a button to sprint.

I like everything else though.

Anyone else notice you hear a sound when pressing LB no matter where in the main menu you are? Lol.

#BugReport

• Upvote (+1) 1

Totally agree! These guys are out of their of tree. Fix the currently released and very broken Halo Master Chief Collection first. Once that's working, then you can tell us all about how great Halo 5 will be and why we should pre-order months prior to release. Hopefully people will wait until solid reviews are out before purchasing Halo 5.

I wouldnt trust solid reviews, if I remember correctly Halo 4 got great reviews and well...yeah.

Is it a fun game? So far yeah but it's not halo nor is it ccompetitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it a fun game? So far yeah but it's not halo nor is it ccompetitive.

How can you already say it isn't competitive with 2 maps on a beta? 

So is there just no way to turn off vibration or what? is there a way to turn it off via Xbox settings in general? help please, dying over here

So is there just no way to turn off vibration or what? is there a way to turn it off via Xbox settings in general? help please, dying over here

Nope, they gotta patch it in. Trigger vibration is so annoying

Movement speed increase, get rid of sprint, and this game is actually really fun.

That is all.

Make scoping faster, move ground pound off the left thumbstick for bump and jump and I agree

Why does the recon control scheme feel so wrong in this game? First thing I did was switch to a more familiar looking control scheme.. yet my first instinct in-game was to use LT to scope in and left stick to sprint..

I played 2 games, it wasn't as bad as i was expecting but its certainly not a halo game

How much of our feedback do you think 343 will listen to?

I think the feedback we give will just be things such as weapon balancing and replacing a sniper with a rocket on map and other "minor" things, Even if 99% of people said they hated sprint, i don't see them removing it since it clearly the direction they want to take.

There was an unexpected issue with the halo servers'

Really happy for every one else that gets to play tho....