CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You're just thinking about specific games which yield an advantage with keyboard and mouse. How does cross-play with games such as Killer Instinct, Fable Legends (now cancelled), Rocket League etc... do anything but enhance your gaming experience? SFV is doing great with cross play between PS4 and PC, so is the Final Fantasy mmo.

Honestly you're analogy to modders sounds as bad as Bungie's reasoning for getting rid of the 1-50 ranking in Reach (because people "cheated").

I'm the one demonstrating all the REAL and SOLID points MS has been raising when it comes to PC gaming? You're purposely choosing to ignore it because it doesn't fit you're narrative (or agenda). MS in the past never demonstrated this kind of commitment, just false promises.

If 70% of Xbox exclusives of 2016 on PC, massive news of cross-play with games such as KI and Rocket league, UWP, cross purchase (my friend bought Quantum Break for Xbox and got it on PC free), the push for MORE MS IP's on Windows 10, Halo 5 Forge, Xbox Scorpio (UWP means Windows 10 apps run on Xbox) etc... all somehow mean nothing to you, then I can't really convince you dude.

And lmao "beloved company", I haven't owned a Microsoft product (bar xbox) since 2010.

I don't play those games. I play halo. In Halo a mouse and keyboard would give an advantage.

You're comparing abusing an imaginary ranking system to someone having the ability to ban you from bring able to play games? Uh, ok. I play console games largely because of how stupid online gaming pc can get. I don't want it mixed in to my console.

I just got kicked from a game for being idle too long...in a ranked match. Wtf. (Reason I was idle is because it was 4 on 1 and I figured I'd watch the hockey game while I waited for it to finish).

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't play those games. I play halo. In Halo a mouse and keyboard would give an advantage.

You're comparing abusing an imaginary ranking system to someone having the ability to ban you from bring able to play games? Uh, ok. I play console games largely because of how stupid online gaming pc can get. I don't want it mixed in to my console.

For the record, I also don't believe Halo should be cross-play, and thats made abdundantly clear with 343 making sure Xbox Halo 5 users cannot play with PC Halo 5 forge users in customs.

Also yes modding is an issue, but lets make it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. Rocket League and SF V cross-play thus far has been very positive, and I see no need to gimp peoples experiences because of the low possibility of encountering a modder.

Anyways cross-play is optional, and I don't even expect many games to allow it (shooters etc...). PS4 cross-play with rocket league is already optional, so you get the best of both worlds :)

If MS starts releasing iterative XB1s that are just gaming PCs with new chips every year or two ... and if H6 has controller support which is segregated from KB+M ... I have no reason to own an XB1, I'll just get a slightly better computer that can play all the games

• Upvote (+1) 3

MS can always patch in K&M support to xbone

If MS starts releasing iterative XB1s that are just gaming PCs with new chips every year or two ... and if H6 has controller support which is segregated from KB+M ... I have no reason to own an XB1, I'll just get a slightly better computer that can play all the games

MS don't really care where you buy the game so long you buy the game

from the windows eco system.

MS don't really care where you buy the game so long you buy the game

from the windows eco system.

There's no way MS makes as much off of a third party PC sale as one on xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd be fine with the Xbox console being dumped if Halo on PC had a segregated Controller playlist. I hate kb/m personally but I understand it is much easier to aim with.

MS should just sell the next gen of Xbox as basically an upgradeable platform. Sell the basic box which is a good gaming PC essentially, but allow interchangeability of components. Now these components might be more expensive than its gaming PC equivalent because they are officially licensed Xbox products but for some people they would prefer the convenience especially if games were guaranteed to work without flaws or troubleshooting required with these setups. Most people are afraid to get into PC gaming because things can go wrong and they aren't nerdy enough to fix it.

What I've learned about Forerunner. Anything and everything Microsoft related, no matter if good or bad, he will hate. They could give one million dollars to starving kids around the world and he would probably say that they are too nice.

What I've learned about Forerunner. Anything and everything Microsoft related, no matter if good or bad, he will hate. They could give one million dollars to starving kids around the world and he would probably say that they are too nice.

Not everyone can be a fanboy. Sorry to disappoint

• Upvote (+1) 1

Noy everyone can be a fanboy. Sorry to disappoint

There's a difference between a fanboy and just a regular person.

Did you know what being a deuce was more annoying than fanboyism? Cause it is.

Xbox One runs on Windows 10, so releasing games on Windows 10 PC isn't a stretch of the imagination, it's quite smart actually.

There's a difference between a fanboy and just a regular person.

Did you know what being a deuce was more annoying than fanboyism? Cause it is.

Deuce? You're calling me deuce? I've been burned by MS so many time that i don't give give a shit

what they do.

Not a hater but i sure as hell isn't there biggest fan either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MS is an awful company in many ways. Very anti-competitive and bullied companies out of the PC space enough that multiple governments sued and restricted their practices.

Still better than fucking Apple though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MS is an awful company in many ways. Very anti-competitive and bullied companies out of the PC space enough that multiple governments sued and restricted their practices.

Still better than fucking Apple though.

In the end thats what you have to do to gain an upper hand is businesses. I wouldn't hate them for that because I know for a fact that I would do the exact same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Deuce? You're calling me deuce? I've been burned by MS so many time that i don't give give a shit

what they do.

Not a hater but i sure as hell isn't there biggest fan either.

Again. Its the "I have multiple reasons for the way I act but I'm not going to say them". I have no idea why I continue to argue with you.

Again. Its the "I have multiple reasons for the way I act but I'm not going to say them". I have no idea why I continue to argue with you.

Don't argue with me then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xbox One runs on Windows 10, so releasing games on Windows 10 PC isn't a stretch of the imagination, it's quite smart actually.

They have to. Why do you think Xbox exclusives are turning into "Microsoft" exclusives. They need the revenue from PC gaming, since they lost the console war to Sony. It's not reason why I would love for them to bring Xbox and Windows 10 together but I'm glad that they are. Also I will say Phil Spencer is partly responsible for this too, he is definitely doing good things that are gamer friendly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They have to. Why do you think Xbox exclusives are turning into "Microsoft" exclusives. They need the revenue from PC gaming, since they lost the console war to Sony. It's not reason why I would love for them to bring Xbox and Windows 10 together but I'm glad that they are. Also I will say Phil Spencer is partly responsible for this too, he is definitely doing good things that are gamer friendly.

he gives me hope that the next Xbox will be better, it seems to me that when one company loses the console war for one generation, they come back the next one, the og xbox and 360, or the PS3 and ps4.

Unless you're the wii, in which case you stay niche for the rest of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

he gives me hope that the next Xbox will be better, it seems to me that when one company loses the console war for one generation, they come back the next one, the og xbox and 360, or the PS3 and ps4.

Unless you're the wii, in which case you stay niche for the rest of time.

Nintendo is the third child that everyone forgets about until he gets all the money from the will. Like seriously. If you are a console gamer exclusively then you currently have or have owned a Wii or Wii U. And if you are PC then there's still a high chance you have one.

Unless you're the wii u, in which case you stay niche for the rest of time.

FTFY

In the end thats what you have to do to gain an upper hand is businesses. I wouldn't hate them for that because I know for a fact that I would do the exact same thing.

Generally you try to avoid being so terrible that you get sued for billions of dollars by the government. Because that's kinda bad business.

If you'd do the same thing you're basically arguing you think it's ok break laws that benefit consumers and smaller businesses without remorse. I can't defend that thought process.