CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh, I totally get it. Radar promotes campy gameplay, blah blah, etc. I've seen both arguments of it but like I said (I made a few edits, kind of rushed the post out), I'm confident that most of the complaints that keep cropping up are because they've had a bad game and feel the need to come online and say "fuck radar" before repeating the cycle again the next day. 

Okay. You caught me. I only complain about this game when I do bad in a game. What's your point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Admin/Staff/Mods

Would it be reasonable to start a DOOM thread in Halo General Discussion?

There are a lot of people here who play, and love that game.

saw this on halo gaf

Funknown if your really think NoMotionTracker in H5 is better than modified motiontracker your time of being right is over and you are just a old man yelling at clouds.

Playing competive 4s in Halo 5 shows this. No Radar paired with Sprint and Thrust just promotes hyperaggressive playing and not making strats, since you are so damn fast.

Top Pros already explained that.

====

pros actually think this?

/facepalm.

lol Halo is dead. No one is going to give 343i a shot after fucking up three Halo's now. Six if you want to count all the Halo's in MCC.

Still plan to buy halo 6 but 343 need to clean up there shit when it comes to Campaign and Writing.

No bullshit ads a.k.a Hunt the truth

More content at launch

Splitscreen

I take it all back. Never thought I'd say this, but now's a great time to start copying other shooters, 343...

Accidental neg. 

I am helping this thread thrive by posting this

I am starting to get that North Korean vibe here. We have to fake everything including the posts to make it seem like we are having fun and are happy

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread sounds like reddit on any given day with all the, "Halo is dead lulz," type of dumb comments. Why have constructive talk about the settings, strats, getting better, and content in the game when you can trash the game, right?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

This thread sounds like reddit on any given day with all the, "Halo is dead lulz," type of dumb comments. Why have constructive talk about the settings, strats, getting better, and content in the game when you can trash the game, right?

Your a fine example of what i posted above.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This thread sounds like reddit on any given day with all the, "Halo is dead lulz," type of dumb comments. Why have constructive talk about the settings, strats, getting better, and content in the game when you can trash the game, right?

Except we do. It's a forum. Better than most actually. I don't know why you expect for every comment to please you? If someone wants to joke around or just say "It's not fun at all", they can. And guess what? If they say that short comment right after a constructive one, the constructive one still exists. There are lots of great discussions happening and just because someone doesn't agree with you and would rather not waste their time explaining why doesn't take away from the quality post in any shape or form.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be a perfect example had I not explicitly stated the desire for constructive talk. There's a huge difference in bitching and providing constructive feedback. No credible business is going to listen to feedback that comes in the form of bitching (and the vast majority of it does). Your feedback isn't always going to be heard or implemented, that's just the way the world works. So, instead of, as you say, getting "butthurt", you should keep giving feedback in a constructive way. Screaming things like, "Halo is dead," "eff 343 they suck," etc., and being overly toxic, is not the way to be heard regardless if you were heard previously. Game devs are worried about their bottom lines in order to support themselves and their families, so they aren't going to be able to implement every bit of feedback the keyboard warriors demand. That's reality, and the players in the Halo community that behave as I said need to mature and realize whining like children won't get them what they want.

I realize this is the equivalent of beating a dead horse, but oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@EagleBurn man, I love when people disagree as that's how discussions happen. You went off the deep end on me a little there. Is there anything redeeming in pages of comments trashing the latest game in the primary series of this site? Call me crazy, but it's hard to see how that makes any stride toward improving the current game or future installments.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

@@TTUVAPOR Great post.

And to expand on that, these forums in particular are by far the the most constructive and open-ended members of any notable Halo forum, by a huge margin. That's something not only to be proud of, but something the devs have frustratingly brushed off. Reddit and Waypoint are horrible formats for discussion for a variety of reasons (don't ban me for saying this because it's not OT and it's true as fuck), yet bravo/devs walk by every afternoon as if it's the cafe next door. It may have something to do with the fact that waypoint is their ugly baby and reddit is "the front page of the internet", but lets be real here; this is where all the good stuff is. When's the last time devs have set up a poll or opinion thread? Personally asked what somebody thinks about something? Explained the thoughts their team has had behind an aspect of game design?

A fucking long-ass time, if at all. When Frankie uses this place almost exclusively as a trolling platform (with the occasional vague acknowledgement) then that's a problem. Most of worthy news we've got from him has come GAF for christs sake.

I hate nonconstructive posts as much as the next guy but really its far from a problem, we don't nearly have the drama, the trolls, or nazi mods cough @@Matty McDee cough that other forums have and that's so awesome. And for every time FluFFy vents a waste of internet space, there's a bunch of older threads and posts talking about fresh ideas or new tricks or fresh :intel: or nerdy lore-talk. This place has, believe it or not, the least circle-jerking of any forum I've seen with a rep system, that's sick.

If the mods truely think something's a waste of time then just delete it - with a pm'ed reason, pls - before it gets neg bombed and we can get on with our lives. Our lives which are just bitching and moaning, apparently.

bad-apple.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would be a perfect example had I not explicitly stated the desire for constructive talk. There's a huge difference in bitching and providing constructive feedback. No credible business is going to listen to feedback that comes in the form of bitching (and the vast majority of it does). Your feedback isn't always going to be heard or implemented, that's just the way the world works. So, instead of, as you say, getting "butthurt", you should keep giving feedback in a constructive way. Screaming things like, "Halo is dead," "eff 343 they suck," etc., and being overly toxic, is not the way to be heard regardless if you were heard previously. Game devs are worried about their bottom lines in order to support themselves and their families, so they aren't going to be able to implement every bit of feedback the keyboard warriors demand. That's reality, and the players in the Halo community that behave as I said need to mature and realize whining like children won't get them what they want.

I realize this is the equivalent of beating a dead horse, but oh well.

It's subjective when you say someone is bitching... it's a damn forum, not a university literary forum.

I realize not all feedback can be implemented and im well aware of the games industry in regards to these career-driven designers.

What's hypocritical is Josh, Frankie, Quinn, Bravo and any other 343 staff member, coming in here to show face... and then running away at the slightest bit of indepth analysis discussion on Halo game design.

MLG used to do a fairly good job at explaining their tournament setting changes back during the H2 days.. and it all made sense after reading the explanations of why thing were changed.

Even professional sports leaguea like the NFL do a decent job at explaining rule changes.

We may not agree with all design decisions but to come in here and expect us to be sheep is wrong and in my opinion a waste of both parties time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@EagleBurn man, I love when people disagree as that's how discussions happen. You went off the deep end on me a little there. Is there anything redeeming in pages of comments trashing the latest game in the primary series of this site? Call me crazy, but it's hard to see how that makes any stride toward improving the current game or future installments.

Not every post has to be geared towards improving the game.

I also fail to see how someone posting "radar sucks" every day is any less constructive than spamming "we back" or any of the other pointless memes that make up the majority of the HCS thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The actual 343 guys coming in to make posts and not addressing a lot of things is sketchy, and I often wonder how much of their community interaction is limited by not wanting to damage their public image any further. I wish they could give us the type of transparency like you mentioned with MLG, but it seems that they're very apprehensive about catching flak from the general public.

Being sheep is certainly not helpful either. I may just be so used to seeing the Waypoint and Reddit nonsense that overly negative posts jump out more.

I'm sorry if I come off super negative on the forums. I just love Halo too much that I hate seeing it the way it is, and I just vent my frustrations. I might say the shit I say, but I continue to play Halo 5. Not much, but I still play. I won't stop playing Halo, and I will most likely buy Halo 6 because I love Halo. 

For those that are sour on seeing negative post after negative post... welcome to forums. All gaming forums are usually this way, and they should be. People in general have a tough time receiving criticism, they automatically call it complaining or make up some excuse as to why they have those thoughts. Game developers in my opinion are conceded assholes who care more about their position status than they do actually designing games.

If I were a developer, id be constantly engaging in online discussions and debates with gamers... its free feedback... how could you not like that? Instead, the suits at the publisher level budget money to allocate for hiring in-studio game testers that somehow represent everyone in the community when in fact they're the complete opposite.

Ive been around the esports halo community since halo 2 and year after year, release after release, the same story repeats. The dev trickles in from time to time to show face like they care about the community but in reality what we "bitch" about here gets taken with a grain of salt.

I remember writing countless posts on bungie. net about halo 2, halo 3 and then i just gave up. it goes nowhere.

In cod4 mp beta... my friend and i wrote several pages of feedback to post on the infinity ward beta forums, they fell on deaf ears. even talked with the community manager at the time... and he said, "yeah, i saw the feedback, it's been distributed to people in the office", but again, deaf ears.

This era of game design isnt going to change quickly, though Doom's single player seems to show a return to raw gaming design where challenge and fun are brought back together. I think we will remain this way until some sales shift happens. We will continue to get dumbed down games, accessibility design so casual players don't feel alienated and anything else that can draw more sales.

I personally stopped doing the halo feedback surveys because I came to a realization that why should i be giving 343 my time of day to give feedback that's technically "free" and then it goes absolutely nowhere.

Just logging on here every day there's free feedback, again, it goes nowhere. 343 don't need a damn email survey to do stupid "strongly agree or strongly disagree" polling questions, instead, hire someone to simply engage in constructive debate and discussions with veteran halo players.

While from the outside we may look like whiny babies who are butthurt we didnt get our hce pistol and no radar... there's still a passion for halo that we have. Why else would we spend the time we do posting on forums?

Guys like Frankie dont really care about the halo community in my opinion, they just want to see sheep continue to bow down to them and praise them over abd over about how fabulous halo is.

Meanwhile, us meanies get the middle finger and are told to adapt or go play something else.

Personally, i do have a passion for Halo, it's the last game franchise that resembles quake on consoles, but honestly that passion has started to dwindle. Im sure somewhere down the road it will fade away completely but i guess there's always that glimmer of "hope" that one day the people who "passionately" design halo will actually come to the community and talk to us without running away scared.

edit: wrote this on my. phone, please excuse any grammar/spelling / punctuation errors.

The fact that they aren't responding doesn't necessarily mean they aren't reading what's posted here. 

@@Sal1ent (Josh Holmes. ie: the Studio Head for H5) for example was last online today: http://teambeyond.net/forum/user/10038-sal1ent/

The devs also have the problem that they can't implement every piece of feedback they receive. There's a limited amount of resources available and feedback of every type coming from every direction. Who do they listen to when half the community say one thing and the other half the exact opposite?

Also this here is utter bullshit:

Game developers in my opinion are conceded assholes who care more about their position status than they do actually designing games.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no reason that a dev cannot come here and engage in a discussion about the game.

It worries me that those in charge of halo lack the passion for halo to drive them to want to discuss halo.

Sure you may get roasted from time to time but ultimately the reputation boost 343 would get from real community interaction would offset any negatives that could arise.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm sorry if I come off super negative on the forums. I just love Halo too much that I hate seeing it the way it is, and I just vent my frustrations. I might say the shit I say, but I continue to play Halo 5. Not much, but I still play. I won't stop playing Halo, and I will most likely buy Halo 6 because I love Halo. 

We all love Halo and we want the franchise good as it can be.

Come here, FLuFF. Give uncle Forerunner a huge hug

• Upvote (+1) 1

The actual 343 guys coming in to make posts and not addressing a lot of things is sketchy, and I often wonder how much of their community interaction is limited by not wanting to damage their public image any further. I wish they could give us the type of transparency like you mentioned with MLG, but it seems that they're very apprehensive about catching flak from the general public.

Being sheep is certainly not helpful either. I may just be so used to seeing the Waypoint and Reddit nonsense that overly negative posts jump out more.

i dont doubt they have a company policy of using social media and forums to engage with the public. I myself am not allowed to discuss via comments or news articles about my company... but were not designing entertainment products.

Same reason why Gabe cant mention the words half or life without the Internet blowing up with conspiracy theories.

Maybe people realized they don't need to constantly post about radar when they've had a bad game on Halo 5 and instead it's fine that the topic doesn't have a post every 2 seconds.

Maybe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MAYBE  :flip: