CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yes, I really don't like how the announcer will tell you when the power weapon spawns what separated the good from bad was the ability to time power ups... We should all do what we can to get rid of this feature it doesn't need to be there.

It's easy to lose track of time while playing the game. If the game doesn't give me a talking timer, I can just use my own.

This is a non issue for me now. Play a map four times and you can learn the times. Memorization isn't a skill man, and even so just knowing when the weapon spawns isn't going to help someone get it. Idc that kidspartan1255 knows when the sniper comes back, he's not going to do anything with it.

Also teaching people how to play Halo is more important now than ever. The lack of knowledge when it comes to how to play this game effectively is why the games keep getting dumbed down and we have things like sprint and SMG starts for Halo 2 still.

That is true to some extent, but the way I see it all it's going to do is encourage is just a complete cluster fuck of people sprinting, thrusting, clambering etc to power weapons when they hear there coming up in 10 seconds. In my personal opinion I don't like it, however we'll see how it plays out over the next 3 weeks

That is true to some extent, but the way I see it all it's going to do is encourage is just a complete cluster fuck of people sprinting, thrusting, clambering etc to power weapons when they hear there coming up in 10 seconds. In my personal opinion I don't like it, however we'll see how it plays out over the next 3 weeks

So... you don't like map movement?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is the total size of the beta ~10G or is it supposed to be ~17G? II noticed people talking about 10G + another 7 from somewhere.

Is the total size of the beta ~10G or is it supposed to be ~17G? II noticed people talking about 10G + another 7 from somewhere.

The 7GB patch was for pre-beta players. The 7GB didn't add content, just replaced files.

Halo-5-Guardians-Cover.jpg

Standard Edition for $59.99 – Halo 5: Guardians plus an exclusive poster, only available to those who pre-order.

Limited Edition for $99.99 – Everything in the Standard Edition plus new digital content to enhance Spartan combat and exclusive items wrapped in a uniquely designed steel book.

Limited Collector’s Edition for $249.99 – Everything in the Limited Edition as well as additional content such as a commemorative numbered statue designed by 343 Industries. More details on the design to be shared at a later date.

• Upvote (+1) 5

plus new digital content to enhance spartan combat

i wonder what that means

also no way in hell i preorder after the mcc mess

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are trying pretty hard. If the beta is really good I'll buy it digitally on release day, if not I'll wait to see how people feel about the final. Either way I won't preorder another Halo game after the last few were so disappointing (and in MCC's case not even working).

i wonder what that means

But what about that awesome exclusive poster?

But what about that awesome exclusive poster?

it will probably be a pussy magnet but i don't want to loan 343 another 60 bucks for it

plus if it is really cool, we could always get one on ebay

i wonder what that means

All of this and if theyre giving out some sort of gameplay enhancement to people who pre order it better not be multiplayer related.

Early access was 10G. Then they patched 7 GB, though those replace existing stuff. Final beta is still 10G total.

I'm not sure whether I should be looking forward to it working since they release such a huge patch, or if I should be scared that they had to replace 3/4th of the game.

Only way I would preorder after MCC is if they took the Dark Souls approach and made standard preorders instant upgrades to limited edition. But 343 would never do that, so . . .

I wonder if this beta will include any changes from the pre-beta feedback. Anyone know?

I highly doubt it. They wouldn't risk trying to make any huge changes in a week and possibly making the beta build unstable. 

The 7.7GB patch included a few bug fixes but that's about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder if this beta will include any changes from the pre-beta feedback. Anyone know?

Pretty sure frank O'Connor said problems seen in the pre beta will be rectified

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is week 1 the same as the early access beta and the maps will be Truth and Empire?

YOU FREAKIN' BET

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we get a statue of a Moa? Like an actual statue of our @@Moa? Pls 343

u5m5VTt.png