CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Overwatch has NO SPRINT and NO RADAR.

and it's only $40 so there should be no excuse why anyone shouldn't have this game.

I mean, that's a pretty vague question. What exactly are you wanting to improve? 

my shot, decision making etc

SOLDIER HAS SPRINT. IT'S A STAPLE OF MODERN GAMING
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I believe that Ground Vehicles kills are against spartan only. In about 2 1/2 months we've only managed 7,137 kills. That's 80 ground vehicles kills a day. That's really bad.

is that destroying vehicles or killing with vehicles?

Can we add Flag Assists to the stats please? It's more importan than flag grabs

i wish there were a few btb maps with pistol starts.

I'm having trouble finding games on FFA. I'm only diamond 5 so i dont know what the issue is. It takes forever, and my preference is balanced

I had a really hard time getting back into the movement of Halo 5 after spending a few days in the Doom Multiplayer.

Agreed. The notion that sprint makes your 'feel' faster is a lie. Because your spartan has two movement speeds you have the sensation of moving slowly if you're not sprinting, whereas with DOOM you always feel as if you're flying through the map.

I was led to believe that it had sprint atleast. It's a MOBA though, right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed. The notion that sprint makes your 'feel' faster is a lie. Because your spartan has two movement speeds you have the sensation of moving slowly if you're not sprinting, whereas with DOOM you always feel as if you're flying through the map.

I was led to believe that it had sprint atleast. It's a MOBA though, right?

One character has sprint.

Just updated on what we need left for Achilles Helmet. Ground Vehicle kills is going to be a bitch.

I think we could get ground vehicle kills done pretty easily honestly all we would need to do is get some Beyond Warzone lobbies going and have a couple of people spawn oni hogs every game especially given it's only a level 3 REQ.

Just a random thought: I'm pretty excited for Halo 5 to come to PC for the potential to run a bunch of no sprint or other games with changed settings. I'm sure at least a few holdouts will try the game out since it'll be free, and these people won't have investment in matchmaking or competing in HCS.

You do realise you can turn off Spartan Abilities and sprint in Custom games right now.

and it's only $40 so there should be no excuse why anyone shouldn't have this game.

Do they have a 4vs4 playlist? If so then I might play it

• Downvote (-1) 2

If you think about it, Overwatch has Sprint, regen, hardlight shield, bubble shield, promethean vision, jetpack and probably other similarities that I'm forgetting.

If you think about it, Overwatch has Sprint, regen, hardlight shield, bubble shield, promethean vision, jetpack and probably other similarities that I'm forgetting.

There's one character who can turn himself into a turret and also heal himself with almost no drawbacks.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i do wish the base movement in overwatch was faster though. Even non-heavy defenders are slow. That's why soldier's sprint was more enjoyable to me.

There's one character who can turn himself into a turret and also heal himself with almost no drawbacks.

Bastian is pretty useless outside of entry level play. He's slow, has no actual offensive ability outside of his turret, barely can jump, and doesn't have much health. If he gets an eye on you first though, he'll shred for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i do wish the base movement in overwatch was faster though. Even non-heavy defenders are slow. That's why soldier's sprint was more enjoyable to me.

Lawbreakers might be the game for you. It's a hero based shooter as well but it's inspired by arena shooters.

I had a really hard time getting back into the movement of Halo 5 after spending a few days in the Doom Multiplayer.

That and the kill times/escape mechanics. It's frustrating to come back to this game and spawn with a glorified watergun. The majority of encounters end with no one dying where as in doom, someone dies in most encounters. You can duck out so easily in this game. In doom because there is no sprint it's tough to do. The guy chasing you moves at the same speed as you and can shoot you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think we could get ground vehicle kills done pretty easily honestly all we would need to do is get some Beyond Warzone lobbies going and have a couple of people spawn oni hogs every game especially given it's only a level 3 REQ.

I think its killing other spartans in ground vehicles - not you using ground vehicles to kill. I could be wrong though.

I see the assassination commendation being the worst. We need you back @

is that destroying vehicles or killing with vehicles?

This is killing other spartans with a ground vehicle. 

That's the thing I don't know who all is still active in the company. 

You do realise you can turn off Spartan Abilities and sprint in Custom games right now.

Yes, but nobody ever wants to run those games because the people in customs generally fall into 2 categories: competitive players who want to play settings that resemble tournament modes, or forgers trying to get their maps into matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That and the kill times/escape mechanics. It's frustrating to come back to this game and spawn with a glorified watergun. The majority of encounters end with no one dying where as in doom, someone dies in most encounters. You can duck out so easily in this game. In doom because there is no sprint it's tough to do. The guy chasing you moves at the same speed as you and can shoot you.

I always laugh when people say oh sprint is balanced now because your shield won't recharge!

OK, it might be a little more balanced, but now it's like fucking Benny Hill the game with two morons sprinting around a map unable to shoot at each other.

Idk what you guys are playing, but it is nigh impossible to escape a gunfight by sprinting away in high level play.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6