CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just wanted to pop in and say, I'd expect some community dev's to EVENTUALLY find a way to build a game browser of some sort, eventually. For those that have messed with the Halo Online El Dewrito or the eventual rewrite "Anvil Online" might know what I mean (like THIS and THIS).

Or 343 gets around to actually providing matchmaking and the rest of H5 before someone else does.

Hey now we might have good aiming in H5 for once :kappa:

Don't forget the beta, which had good aiming. Then they "fixed" it for release. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Most important question, I'll ask on behalf of all the people:

Will I be able to use my Customized Spartan and will the purple color be true purple? 

Asking the big questions, aren't ya? 

Don't forget the beta, which had good aiming. Then they "fixed" it for release. 

"squirrelly" :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is forge going to be free to play on xb1 too?

I assume no, since Forge is only coming as an app for PC; didn't see any mentions as an app for Xbox (which I don't think would be the case).

I refuse to get my hopes up for Halo 5 on PC.Even if it does come out we'll still have Halo 5, don't forget that. Mods could fix the game but no way that will ever happen. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nope

Sucks

I think halo could really use a free to play entry point on xbox as well.

We are giving players the ability to play full custom games to test their Forge creations on PC. Because Forge supports and builds upon existing Arena content, that includes the same maps and modes that are available in Arena on XB1. The intent of the experience is to allow Win10 users to Forge more effectively w/ keyboard and mouse and test their creations on PC before publishing to Xbox One. As such, there is no support for matchmaking or server browser. You will need to invite friends into a session through LIVE.

Does this mean I can forge and test a map designed for match making without every buying either XB1 or Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does this mean I can forge and test a map designed for match making without every buying either XB1 or Halo?

I'm 90% sure thats what it means

You're adding all this shit to PC, JUST MAKE IT SO I CAN PLAY H5 ON MY PC....

But i understand Halo is the last game Microsoft has that sells consoles...

You're adding all this shit to PC, JUST MAKE IT SO I CAN PLAY H5 ON MY PC....

But i understand Halo is the last game Microsoft has that sells consoles...

And REQ Packs  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're adding all this shit to PC, JUST MAKE IT SO I CAN PLAY H5 ON MY PC FOR FREE....

But i understand Halo is the ONLY game Microsoft has that sells consoles...

fixed

I suspect I will download the FREE PC Forge and give it a spin. Hick I might even make a map or two for MM.

But I have zero plans to buy an XB1.

Josh, are you able to share the minimum PC requirements to run Win 10 Forge in 1080p?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its Huge, it's basically free to play H5 on PC. Maybe people can set up a match finding website.

Aside from modding fixing the actual game, what good is Halo 5 on a PC?

• Upvote (+1) 1

More players lol. Other than that the only thing you're really going to hear are that the graphics are going to be better and FPS's are better on PC. That's about it really.

Maybe we can start an organic Halo growth with competitive settings on the best platform for gaming.

We are giving players the ability to play full custom games to test their Forge creations on PC. Because Forge supports and builds upon existing Arena content, that includes the same maps and modes that are available in Arena on XB1. The intent of the experience is to allow Win10 users to Forge more effectively w/ keyboard and mouse and test their creations on PC before publishing to Xbox One. As such, there is no support for matchmaking or server browser. You will need to invite friends into a session through LIVE.

I've been here the whole time, lurking and responding to PMs. :)

The team is working on a big update for file browser. We want to make sure it's solid and works with content across both platforms before rolling it out. We'll have more info to share as we near release.

Yes. The nature of the experience (shared Forge content across XB1 & Win10) means we need to maintain both and keep them up to date & in sync with one another.

You can use K&M.

Free.

"There are those who said this day would never come...what are they to say now?"

:weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

Hype aside though:

1. How will this be structured? Could you play offline? Can Forge map files be stored locally?

2. What kind of depth are you giving in terms of settings?

3. While I understand the reasoning behind not including a server browser/matchmaking, aren't you concerned that 3rd party groups will create artificial versions of these services? Stuff like that tends to happen on open platforms.

Bruh.

KB/M?
No Xbone required?
KB/M?
Settings galore?
KB/M?
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Absolutely everything that can be judged objectively is better on PC compared to console except for the simplicity of plugging the Xbox into your TV. Hell if you plug a controller in its better at being your console than your console is lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question:

How many permanent unlocks/weapon certifications does the Warzone REQ Bundle offer per week?

Three. I wouldn't bother buying it until you're done with Silvers.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Absolutely everything that can be judged objectively is better on PC compared to console except for the simplicity of plugging the Xbox into your TV. Hell if you plug a controller in its better at being your console than your console is lol

I think the point he's making is that if we get Halo 5 on PC, it will still be Halo 5 that we're playing. Just because it could possibly play at higher resolutions and framerates doesn't mean the game will magically become good overnight. It's still Halo 5. 

Now if the game supported mods.....

New Community Update

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/a-whole-new-level

We’ve recently made some changes to the Halo 5 content release plan, which mainly focus on giving a few of the bigger items that were slated for the Hog Wild update a bit more time for finishing touches and polish. As a result, much of the contents of the Hog Wild release have moved to the Warzone Firefight release, which is currently scheduled to drop at the end of June. Warzone Firefight will include the PvE mode with a variety of maps to play on, new game updates and features, Warzone and Arena maps, a plethora of Forge updates (including a new canvas and more), new REQs, and plenty more. We’ll be talking about the Warzone Firefight release – which will be Halo 5’s largest release to date - much more in the coming weeks.

Guess that explains why that teaser was rather lackluster.

hogwild-infographic_nologo_blurred-98d14