CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In the end he is still a sociopathic killer who's entire training was supposed to remove feelings a couple create the ultimate warrior. Why none of the writers ever actually try to write it that way I have no idea.

I'm starting to think you don't really understand the Spartans. It's not like they DON'T have any emotions-- they're just better at hiding them. Do you not remember when Linda died, and Chief had a bit of an emotional outburst, and shouted her name in distress? Or the happiness he felt when she was resuscitated in First Strike? Or the fact that his main motivation for returning to Reach in First Strike was to see if any of his fellow Spartans  (his family, essentially) had survived and could be rescued, despite the fact that it placed his group at great risk just to check?

I'm starting to think you don't really understand the Spartans. It's not like they DON'T have any emotions-- they're just better at hiding them. Do you not remember when Linda died, and Chief had a bit of an emotional outburst, and shouted her name in distress? Or the happiness he felt when she was resuscitated in First Strike? Or the fact that his main motivation for returning to Reach in First Strike was to see if any of his fellow Spartans (his family, essentially) had survived and could be rescued, despite the fact that it placed his group at great risk just to check?

I haven't read First Strike or Fall of Reach in at least 2-3 years so it's all pretty hazy.

Will Halo 5 Forge support higher frame rates such as 120fps or 144fps or will it be locked to 60fps? 

Will G-Sync be supported too?

I assume this is being developed as a UWP application. UWP just got updates to support 144hz monitors and g-sync.

ALSO!

Any chance of a Field Of View Slider??

Most important questions asked so far. 

Yep, they have a strong bond with other Spartans, which makes sense as they are basically outcasts to the rest of humanity.

I've been here the whole time, lurking and responding to PMs. :).

Does that mean you've seen my shoddy and desperate attempts to try and find out the problem with the aiming? lol
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You can use K&M.

Free.

Will Gold be required at all? Like to invite friends and such? 

We are giving players the ability to play full custom games to test their Forge creations on PC. Because Forge supports and builds upon existing Arena content, that includes the same maps and modes that are available in Arena on XB1. The intent of the experience is to allow Win10 users to Forge more effectively w/ keyboard and mouse and test their creations on PC before publishing to Xbox One. As such, there is no support for matchmaking or server browser. You will need to invite friends into a session through LIVE.

Holy shit, this is awesome.

Will Gold be required at all? Like to invite friends and such?

No game on the Windows store requires a Gold account to play multiplayer so I don't think it would require gold. But I obviously know shit all so *shrug* lol.

No game on the Windows store requires a Gold account to play multiplayer so I don't think it would require gold. But I obviously know shit all so *shrug* lol.

I don't think it will either, but I have friends not so sure and I wanted to find out. 

I don't think it will either, but I have friends not so sure and I wanted to find out.

Just tell them Halo Wars 2 isn't going to require Gold so Forge won't either.

WOOOHO, got a B on our game development project. The game did have quite a few combat bugs, however the teacher could look past that as we had a very complicated AI, with many behavior states such as but not only attack, patrolling, looking for the player, calling for help, running away. 

One more exam and then I am ready to tackle the FPS project. 

I only see my goals I don't believe in failure, because I know the smallest voices, they can make it major!!

you mean you didn't get the A smh...

Jk, congratulations man.

Most important question, I'll ask on behalf of all the people:

Will I be able to use my Customized Spartan and will the purple color be true purple? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will I be able to use my Customized Spartan and will the purple color be true purple?

@ also wants this answer @@Sal1ent

Yes I want PURPLE!

343 have a good writing team? LOL

I'm fairly convinced that in an effort to cut costs 343 tasked their employees to ask their children to write up a halo story. Then they ran with the best story they got.

Wow this is good news, and a step in the right direction. I wonder if this could mean anything for Halo 5 coming to windows 10. 

Holy shit, this is awesome.

Its Huge, it's basically free to play H5 on PC. Maybe people can set up a match finding website.

Its Huge, it's basically free to play H5 on PC. Maybe people can set up a match finding website.

See sig for Steam Group. Invite anyone you can guys.