CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I've never enjoyed a Halo beta either but I'm really really HOPING one that contains a remake of Midship would be semi enjoyable, lol. 

Truth is fantastic. Empire, not so much.

Halo 5's Spartan Design is following a similar pattern to Halo 4's (albeit slightly improved upon). Perhaps some of these color palettes and armor sets are just placeholders, but there are some things that I'd like to see changed.

I noticed that Halo 4's 'Baby Blue' Spartan colors have been beefed up a bit. Blue Team now is much more saturated but to a point where it is starting to look a bit on the Purple/Indigo side. Balance the colors into a more crisp blue. Halo 3 had it spot on.

Red colors are still extremely pale and need to be saturated ASAP. Please... use Halo 3 as a model for all Spartan Design and game color themes. Final piece of criticism on aesthetics is the default visor. Something about the Spartan IVs' default visor being Blue is completely unnatural to me. It clashes with Red Team and looks really out of place on the face of a Blue Team member. Halo 2A/3's crisp Orange-Gold or Halo: Reach's pale Gold were both very good neutral colors that popped on the Spartans.

Changes when Reds are saturated and a Gold Visor is introduced:

DTT8Ykd.jpg

fY1Z56n.jpg

I'm excited to give you my full gameplay feedback when the Beta concludes. Enjoy the game everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have never enjoyed a Halo beta TBH. I have nightmares of replaying high ground on Halo 3 *shudders*. Halo Reach swordbase also turned out sour. 

I actually think I'm going to enjoy this one folks. Crossing my fingers. 

But double pummel in Reach Beta was so fun.

Going in with a open mind and going to try and play as much as i can.

1. Does the ranking system match you vs people of equal skill ?

2. Does it match by party size or is just who ever if first ?

Going in with a open mind and going to try and play as much as i can.

1. Does the ranking system match you vs people of equal skill ?

2. Does it match by party size or is just who ever if first ?

Well keep in mind that Ranking System does not always = Skill Based Matchmaking. Most games with a visible rank are just saying how you have played against other players, whereas what is actually matching you in the background is an invisible system deciding what your actual skill is. Sometimes the two go hand in hand, and games will try to match with a similar rank, but actual skill and matchmaking times always take priority.

When I played the beta I was placed in Onyx and only ever matched with someone below Gold once. 75% of my games were competitive and pretty fairly matched.

Have fun with the beta everyone!

Don't forgot to post your thoughts in the feedback thread.

:wutface:

Have fun with the beta everyone!

Don't forgot to post your thoughts in the feedback thread.

ill have a freaking essay written up for this

7 hours and 15 minutes to go

The only reasons automatics have generally been viewed as 'unskillful' is because they've historically had a large spread range, which has allowed players to deal out damage to opponents even if their aim is not very good.

IF automatics have a tight, consistent spead, and IF the ratio of headshot damage to body damage were large (the amount of headshot damage is much greater than the amount of body damage), you can have automatics that rewards aiming skill (I know those are big 'IF's, and the current weapons don't quite meet those standards). 

I'd like to see them take an overall approach of creating a reasonable gap between optimal and average kill time, and apply that approach to automatic weapons.

I'm still not a fan of making an automatic into a utility weapon, but I'm happy with the general direction they're taking automatic weapons. 

Being able to take someone out before they have a chance to react is only a bad thing if it's too easy to pull off.  A quick kill time (even with an automatic) is perfectly fine, as long as aim assist is low and accurate aiming is a rewarded (headshot bonus).  In fact, a player SHOULD be able to take out an opponent before they can react, IF (yep, another one of those, lol) the amount of skill required to do so is relatively high.  That's exactly how you create a skill gap.

The problem is that the AR is more accurate and effective only when using SS, instead of making it universally accurate. Like this, you're giving some players advantage while penalizing others, which in return encourages zooming all the time.

Anyone with less than 1 upload having issues with this game so far? I don't want to have to sit this game out as well as H2A :/

I have an upload of 0.8 - 1.0 and H2A for me is totally dependant on the host rather than my connection.

Haven't played it yet but just from Halo 4 and H2A and seeing the gameplay on the beta i know it's gonna have a lot of obnoxious over the top announcements and music playing in the last 5 kills of the game...etc 

That all needs to go, it ruins gameplay, makes it hard to focus on the actual game and it's honestly just annoying as fuck. The only thing we should hear is the multi kill medal, obj taken, stolen, reset....etc the simple stuff you know. The rest of the announcements are just so irrelevant and don't even make gameplay more enjoyable for casuals or competitive players, like i said they are just obnoxious.

AND please don't make the objective announcements cheesy as hell like you did in h2a with that "Too The Bomb" shit. keep it simple and original, it was perfect the way it was

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just sitting on the title screen listing too the music. Its pretty damn epic!

Ah I love how my beta is installing in the background while I play MCC if anything the XB1 has gotten right it's that ability.

Haven't played it yet but just from Halo 4 and H2A and seeing the gameplay on the beta i know it's gonna have a lot of obnoxious over the top announcements and music playing in the last 5 kills of the game...etc 

That all needs to go, it ruins gameplay, makes it hard to focus on the actual game and it's honestly just annoying as fuck. The only thing we should hear is the multi kill medal, obj taken, stolen, reset....etc the simple stuff you know. The rest of the announcements are just so irrelevant and don't even make gameplay more enjoyable for casuals or competitive players, like i said they are just obnoxious.

AND please don't make the objective announcements cheesy as hell like you did in h2a with that "Too The Bomb" shit. keep it simple and original, it was perfect the way it was

Yes, I really don't like how the announcer will tell you when the power weapon spawns what separated the good from bad was the ability to time power ups... We should all do what we can to get rid of this feature it doesn't need to be there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, I really don't like how the announcer will tell you when the power weapon spawns what separated the good from bad was the ability to time power ups... We should all do what we can to get rid of this feature it doesn't need to be there.

Yes! And it's already annoying enough that we can't turn off the halo music in the menu like in custom lobbies...etc i don't wanna hear it in the last moments of the game. You know like when there is one cap for the flag left, that last cap can go on for another 10 minutes man. No one wants to hear all that shit for 10 minutes

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah I love how my beta is installing in the background while I play MCC if anything the XB1 has gotten right it's that ability.

Would be awesome if they could fix the MCC in the background while playing the H5 Beta. :)

Yes! And it's already annoying enough that we can't turn off the halo music in the menu like in custom lobbies...etc i don't wanna hear it in the last moments of the game. You know like when there is one cap for the flag left, that last cap can go on for another 10 minutes man. No one wants to hear all that shit for 10 minutes

I noticed when you die in H5 death music comes on, another thing that doesn't need to be there... This makes me wonder how the feedback system is going to operate, are they just going to take a sample of opinions or will there be a voting system on waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a non issue for me now. Play a map four times and you can learn the times. Memorization isn't a skill man, and even so just knowing when the weapon spawns isn't going to help someone get it. Idc that kidspartan1255 knows when the sniper comes back, he's not going to do anything with it.

Also teaching people how to play Halo is more important now than ever. The lack of knowledge when it comes to how to play this game effectively is why the games keep getting dumbed down and we have things like sprint and SMG starts for Halo 2 still.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone notice that the cinematic with Locke and the Arbiter before you download the beta shows Locke holding a BR with the old scope on it?

Maybe I'm looking too much into it. Maybe I really just hate the RDS that we've seen in the beta. but I really hope that means there's a chance that the damn thing goes back to the original design. Seriously, I really hate the RDS on it.

I think this was just an oversight from Blur to be honest. The cutscene itself is from Halo 2 Anniversary; seems like they just re-used the Halo 2 BR model they'll have used from other cutscenes rather than make a Halo 4/Halo 5 BR.