CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Either omit the DMR or treat is as a power/pick-up weapon.

This is it for me really, loved the gun in reach and 4 but it's so damn similar to the BR. Though I would love it if they make it like CE Magnum but DmR has "Marksman" in it so that wouldn't make any sense i guess.

They are crazy. That's what is scary to everyone. Even if Halo dies, we will still have the Collection to keep us company. But 343's games so far have been ridiculous. I've got a bad feeling in my gut that maybe...

Halo will only be Halo one more time.

Yeah Halo Master Chief Collection was pretty crazy. The fact that you believe that 343 is willing to make all the maps ginormous is funny to me.

They are crazy. That's what is scary to everyone. Even if Halo dies, we will still have the Collection to keep us company. But 343's games so far have been ridiculous. I've got a bad feeling in my gut that maybe...

Halo will only be Halo one more time.

Dude....They made one game....a rushed game at that. Halo 5 will be fine. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What? Why?

When it comes to Halo's shield mechanic, landing a head shot with a single shot weapon will always require more skill. Period.

Anyway, it doesn't have to be a "DMR". I just hope that
1) They give us a single shot utility rifle
2) It has a faster kill time than any other utility rifle

And?

Spoilers, BR will win regardless of how good the DMR is. The comp community will reject it regardless if DMR is the best rifle ever.

See

The fanboyism is pretty strong when it comes to certain topics, the BR being one of them.

Also H2 could damn well use a few adjustments when it comes to the amount of aim assist yet many here are adamant about keeping the game as bit-perfect to the original as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 3

unsc light rifle solves the dmr vs br debate and get's rid of the mutiple human utility rifle problem

*Halo 2 demo BR

But yes, agree.

Why? 343i would be fucking crazy if they made all the maps BTB in length, after all the talks about "Next Gen Arena Multiplayer".

Because the guy HASNT failed at anything he has said so far, so if this is also true...ill see myself playing Halo 2 for a long time.

*Halo 2 demo BR

But yes, agree.

Could you imagine if the BR was kept as a single shot weapon? Wonder what kind of conversations we would be having these day. 

The possibilities. 

Hopefully "Strongsiding" is useful again in Halo 5... The Reach/Halo 4 engines seemed to allow for headshots to occur through the back of your body, which is great if you're using the Sniper or something, but not for lower tier/utility weapons.

I really loved that mechanic in Halo 2 and 3... Kinda made your escapes more thrilling and intense lol.

This shouldn't have to be a problem, you know why? The spawning rifle should kill fast enough so that the enemy doesn't have a chance to strongside, aka run away. It's like Sprint, it creates redundant battles and slows down the game.

That being said, the spawning rifle should be difficult enough and the strafe capable enough so that a player won't be tempted to run away from a battle because he actually has a chance to win it, even when one-shot.

But this level of perfection cannot be achieved in Halo as long as players spawn with a burst-fire weapon. When a game's aiming skill gap is decreased, bad things start happening.

Dont know if this has been said, but I would like weapon despawn times to be like CE-Reach (45 seconds?). In H4 they despawn too fast.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would simply prefer to see the Magnum replace the DMR as the single-shot utility weapon, it was always meant to be powerful and doesn't take up half the screen like the rifles tend to do. Each weapon should have its own identity and unique abilities, no more re-skinned weapons or clones.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BR is already confirmed by both the concept art and the trailer. Also common sense. Asking for more utility weapons is not a good idea. What we should be asking (or at this point, hoping) for is to fix the BR itself.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If the BR shoots in a straight fucking line and can kill someone in a second and a half, I don't really mind it. Being semi-difficult to aim doesn't hurt either.

Would still prefer a single shot weapon with similar characteristics, but it's w/e.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Single shot utility weapons > Any type of BR.

Only reason the h2 br is "ok" is its consitentcy and it can double shot, leading to extremely fast kill times.

Single shot, good range, consistent utility weapon with minimal aim assist is what we should all be hoping for in h5. But it looks like the BR is back... So W/E.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If the BR shoots in a straight fucking line and can kill someone in a second and a half, I don't really mind it.

The H4 post-patch BR almost shoots straight and kills in just under 1.5 seconds. If they removed the minimal recoil and very minimal spread, then you would get that sort of weapon. You sure you wouldn't mind that? It seems like you didn't like 343's decision to buff the BR -- correct me if I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The H4 post-patch BR almost shoots straight and kills in just under 1.5 seconds. If they removed the minimal recoil and very minimal spread, then you would get that sort of weapon. You sure you wouldn't mind that? It seems like you didn't like 343's decision to buff the BR -- correct me if I'm wrong.

It's sorta too easy to use. But honestly, if they got rid of the recoil and spread (which def aren't THAT bad) I wouldn't mind the BR. As long as a BR fight doesn't sound like a cricket orgy, it's fine by me.

The problems with halo 4, for me at least, did not revolve around the BR/DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's sorta too easy to use. But honestly, if they got rid of the recoil and spread (which def aren't THAT bad) I wouldn't mind the BR. As long as a BR fight doesn't sound like a cricket orgy, it's fine by me.

The problems with halo 4, for me at least, did not revolve around the BR/DMR.

The H4 BR would still be crappy even if they got rid of the recoil and spread.

I've played a lot of doubles in H4 post-patch and pre-patch, and I can tell you that perfect 4SK BR kills happen way too often. 5SK DMR kills didn't happen nearly as often back when it was the best weapon. This is just my experience FWIW. I think if you played more post-patch H4 you'd be agreeing with me.

Dont know if this has been said, but I would like weapon despawn times to be like CE-Reach (45 seconds?). In H4 they despawn too fast.

I second that motion. Halo 4 despawns of weapons off dead players was lightning quick. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've played a lot of doubles in H4 post-patch and pre-patch, and I can tell you that perfect 4SK BR kills happen way too often. 5SK DMR kills didn't happen nearly as often back when it was the best weapon. This is just my experience FWIW. I think if you played more post-patch H4 you'd be agreeing with me.

Like I said, it's sorta too easy to use, but give me that weapon over pre patch halo 4 BR, PRE patch Reach DMR, Halo 3 BR at least. It's not a BAD weapon. It's just not the pistol, the halo 2 BR, or the post patch DMR.

I've played enough post patch halo 4 to know its killing power. It's alright, just not great. It's an easy weapon with certain things that cause inaccuracies, with decent kill times. That's what the H4 BR is.

Halo 4 died because the weapons weren't done right at launch, the maps were abysmal, they ditched the core of halo, they invested too heavily in gimmicks, and the playlists were totally botched IMO.

The autoaim and bullet magnetism are the only things stopping it from being a decent weapon. Spread and recoil are non-issues in comparison, and aren't even that bad anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The autoaim and bullet magnetism are the only things stopping it from being a decent weapon. Spread and recoil are non-issues in comparison, and aren't even that bad anyway.

Pretty much.

I have a feeling aim assist/bullet mag are gonna be reduced in H5.  from everything i've heard so far it kinda sounds like they're giving up on the idea of making multiplayer inviting for uber casuals, and instead accepting that said uber casuals are probably gonna just play thru the campaign on easy and never touch multi, no matter what they do.  not to say they'll try to make it hostile to new players, but more that it's going to be aimed at people who kinda know what they're getting into and accept it, even if they're not amazing players.

Like I said, it's sorta too easy to use, but give me that weapon over pre patch halo 4 BR, PRE patch Reach DMR, Halo 3 BR at least. It's not a BAD weapon. It's just not the pistol, the halo 2 BR, or the post patch DMR.

I've played enough post patch halo 4 to know its killing power. It's alright, just not great. It's an easy weapon with certain things that cause inaccuracies, with decent kill times. That's what the H4 BR is.

Halo 4 died because the weapons weren't done right at launch, the maps were abysmal, they ditched the core of halo, they invested too heavily in gimmicks, and the playlists were totally botched IMO.

Halo 4 BR vs the Halo 2 BR... interesting. I never really thought to compare them.

I don't know if I would say the H2 BR is better.

Both are 4sk. Both kill in 43 frames. The H2 BR requires all 12 bullets whereas the H4 BR requires 11. H2 has way more auto-aim, but shoots pretty much perfectly straight otherwise while the H4 BR has minimal spread and recoil. H2 BR has descope, H4; flinch. Also H2 has better strafing. All factors considered, is the H2 BR really better?

BR is ass....give us a single shot utility that kills quickly and takes a lot of skill to use. Quinn LOVES CE...hopefully it translates over to H5 

• Upvote (+1) 1

BR is ass....give us a single shot utility that kills quickly and takes a lot of skill to use. Quinn LOVES CE...hopefully it translates over to H5 

He also likes Halo 4 lol

Halo 4 BR vs the Halo 2 BR... interesting. I never really thought to compare them.

I don't know if I would say the H2 BR is better.

Both are 4sk. Both kill in 43 frames. The H2 BR requires all 12 bullets whereas the H4 BR requires 11. H2 has way more auto-aim, but shoots pretty much perfectly straight otherwise while the H4 BR has minimal spread and recoil. H2 BR has descope, H4; flinch. Also H2 has better strafing. All factors considered, is the H2 BR really better?

I'd say the Halo 2 BR is better because I value accuracy over difficulty in this situation. Plus it doesn't sound like it needs WD-40. Nottingham

Mention double shot.

The one thing I hate about the BR in halo 2 is how freaking close to the gun the reticule is. I guess you get used to it but it's pretty annoying.