CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is there a way to turn off the leveling up screen? It's really annoying.

There's no way to turn off the LV up screen. Sorry brah

There's no way to turn off the LV up screen. Sorry brah

343 should really start giving us more control over the features in H5 for example the lvl. up thing.

Yeah I'm sorry but a netcode tied to aiming? That's definitely not possible and frankly makes no sense whatsoever from a programming/input based system.

Your hardware (tv/monitor) would be the only things that could affect your aiming through input delay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm sorry but a netcode tied to aiming? That's definitely not possible and frankly makes no sense whatsoever from a programming/input based system.

Your hardware (tv/monitor) would be the only things that could affect your aiming through input delay.

Didn't play much Reach Firefight did you? Its definitely a thing in every online Halo its just noticeable now. Its probably more along the lines of your spartan moving through the game world at different rates resulting in slightly different outcomes since the speed you move at also changes your aim. Or they did something really stupid like slaving many systems to framerate which is a pretty old practice but one still used on console which is why games like the original Dark Souls completely break if you unlock their framerate on PC.

I downloaded the latest update and halo 5 now sits at 81 gigs.

Gigs

Eighty

One

I own 5 games and my hard drive is sitting at 96.7% full. Why the hell did the xb1 ship with such a small harddrive when their own first party studios are going to be putting out 81 gig games?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I downloaded the latest update and halo 5 now sits at 81 gigs.

Gigs

Eighty

One

I own 5 games and my hard drive is sitting at 96.7% full. Why the hell did the xb1 ship with such a small harddrive when their own first party studios are going to be putting out 81 gig games?

You better start buying physical copi... Shit wait. You have to install them too.

Didn't play much Reach Firefight did you? Its definitely a thing in every online Halo its just noticeable now. Its probably more along the lines of your spartan moving through the game world at different rates resulting in slightly different outcomes since the speed you move at also changes your aim. Or they did something really stupid like slaving many systems to framerate which is a pretty old practice but one still used on console which is why games like the original Dark Souls completely break if you unlock their framerate on PC.

Wasn't that because of how Bungie used to do co-op? Everything has to be in sync and if someone lagged behind, it would pause to catch up.

Wasn't that because of how Bungie used to do co-op? Everything has to be in sync and if someone lagged behind, it would pause to catch up.

Yeah it was all deterministic from the host but it was just an extreme example of how a type of networking for multiplayer can cause lag or even full stops in aiming or movement. The CEA co-op was a very similar deal too. What happens in H5 is pretty different though its something to do with some servers not having the same performance as others and the whole game is just ever so slightly off.

How long does a GT have to have been inactive before it will get reset?

Could never get into Forge but props to 343i for that, glad to see them taking it to another level for Forgers to create.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Forge team is great and all but instead of investing all their time and resources into stuff like this, why don't they create an actual file sharing system?

Everything they do is cool, but slightly pointless with the game having no system in place that allows content to be shared and played.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The Forge team is great and all but instead of investing all their time and resources into stuff like this, why don't they create an actual file sharing system?

Everything they do is cool, but slightly pointless with the game having no system in place that allows content to be shared and played.

Idk it's probably because it's something forgers have been asking for, for years. Also File Share would involve the UI team.

The game has the option to view files of people you have added, as well as the file browser on Waypoint. 

They've already said an actual file browser is coming to the game in the near future, too. Wouldn't be surprised if it arrived before the Windows 10 Forge release.

You mean in game? From what I've been told that's more of a job for the UI and other development teams at 343 to handle, not the forge team. Not to mention the forge team is like, 4 people. And they put in work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you read the post? It's being worked on.

Did you read the post? It's being worked on.

What post? Is there more than what Moa quoted because his link leads nowhere.

Looks like that should be coming soon. 

"We’ll have a lot more to share about Forge – Halo 5: Guardians Edition on Windows 10 later this year, but look for even more exciting updates coming to the Forge experience in Halo 5: Guardians on the Xbox One in the coming months – including new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and much more."

This is huge for Forgers but imo its like a slap in the face to the guys on PC that have been asking for the current Halo Games to launch on PC.

• Upvote (+1) 2