CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I feel like Team Arena needs a SoloQ feature on it. Its frustrating to play solo against to4s

I wish we had a count of how many times that has been said in this thread.  It is such a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wish we had a count of how many times that has been said in this thread. It is such a problem.

It's the reason i have stopped playing and i have like 17 days of Arena played.

I just searched this thread for the word solo.  The search results limited my hits to the latest 200 hundred occurrences.   The oldest of the 200 was posted March 5st(trademark 343), 2016. 

That means that we've discussed how bad solo searching is probably 200 times in just the last two months.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played exactly 10 matches the other day.   

7 out of 10 of the victories (regardless of team)  were landslide victories.  One team dominated, like really bad.  We're talkin' 50 to 20 team slayer, 3 to 1 assault type scores.

How is 7 out of 10 an okay rate for poorly matched games?     This was with the new focused filter... I should add.

Thass why I don't play anymore ^^^^^^^^

I'm voting tier 1/2/3 weapon structure, and square room/hallway maps the worst things to happen to halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That means that we've discussed how bad solo searching is probably 200 times in just the last two months.

We talked about this already before the game released. It was a huge problem in the MCC already.

This company simply doesn't care about it and they had no trust in their own games population to implement such a feature. It makes all the effort that went into the ranking system pointless and it makes people quit playing even if they would like to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm voting tier 1/2/3 weapon structure, and square room/hallway maps the worst things to happen to halo.

Halo 1 must suck then :P
  • Upvote (+1) 1

naw, pistol is all 3 tiers brah

he was referring to the 2nd part of the sentence. Ce has tier 1/2/3 weapon styles. It just most maps are square rooms/hallways 

Go down 3v4 in a Arena game the other team starts to stat, and now I am playing in a Warzone and now I'm getting farmed. This game sucks dick.

Jesus fucking christ dude ... I literally went into your post history to see how many one-line whining H5 posts you've made in the past week, and you've made 20+ since May 11th, so at least three per day?  Probably 100 posts, literally, in the past month?  Do you think this is contributing something to the thread?  Stop playing the game, or vent to your gf or something ... we get it

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I haven't been around much lately but it's insane that we have threads on aim settings. How is this a thing? Aim has never been an issue in Halo, but instead of just making it a non-issue in H5 and fixing it to be like when it wasn't broken before we just make some complicated mess of detailed settings that still don't fix it? Whoever makes these decisions at 343 is certifiable. I'm probably repeating some comment that somebody was already made, but I took one look at the aim settings page, saw all the aim setting numbers and just thought what complete insanity this is.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jesus fucking christ dude ... I literally went into your post history to see how many one-line whining H5 posts you've made in the past week, and you've made 20+ since May 11th, so at least three per day?  Probably 100 posts, literally, in the past month?  Do you think this is contributing something to the thread?  Stop playing the game, or vent to your gf or something ... we get it

fuck radar. You can also add my GT: Ruck Fadar. Cause fuck radar.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So I join a warzone game. I use my ultra rare win boost to earn some RP and plan on going super try hard to win.

I join a game in progress and my team is down by over 400 points. Boost completely gone to waste. Does anyone else think that if you get thrown into a game in progress and lose, your boost should be saved?

So I join a warzone game. I use my ultra rare win boost to earn some RP and plan on going super try hard to win.

I join a game in progress and my team is down by over 400 points. Boost completely gone to waste. Does anyone else think that if you get thrown into a game in progress and lose, your boost should be saved?

It is. It should be refunded to your collection without any notice a short time after the game ends.

I somewhat agree. Nothing is stopping you when it comes to writing whiny posts, but there really isn't a good reason to do so either. It definitely isn't getting picked up by 343, and it negatively impacts the player doing so because it keeps your level in check as you are blaming everything else but yourself, which is the one you should blame if you want to improve. 

Halo 5's servers are some of the worst server i've ever  played on. And the hell is

up with aiming lately. It feel so strange at times.

Halo 5's servers are some of the worst server i've ever  played on. And the hell is

up with aiming lately. It feel so strange at times.

I don't know who it was, but someone said that the connection can mess with your aiming or something like that. Don't know if it's true or not. That could be a possibility.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halowaypoint forums say that if you join in progress your req will be added back into your inventory but it may take a game or two. I haven't been back online to confirm this yet though.

I don't know who it was, but someone said that the connection can mess with your aiming or something like that. Don't know if it's true or not. That could be a possibility.

Aiming? Connection? The hell is this shit. Why couldn't 343 copy and paste aiming system from older games,

but instead i have to put up with this wonky system.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see this referenced every so often and no one has provided proof.

I see this referenced every so often and no one has provided proof.

Whenever I hear things like this, I try to think about it on a programmatic level and I honestly fail to believe this could even be possible... The aiming in this game has been dog shit for sure, but I'm about 99.8% sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the dedicated servers. The fact that 343 keeps adding in different aiming options to deal with the complaints kind of speaks to the level that it's pretty much the actual aiming implementation that is the issue.

The only annoying thing about some of the dedicated servers is that sometimes they lag like hell and cause people to teleport around. 

Is there a way to turn off the leveling up screen? It's really annoying. I don't mind the first initial one, but everytime I go to look at the stats it just keeps popping up.