CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any good, solid FFA tips or strategies? I've been wanting to get serious about it once again, but a lot of my hesitance in playing comes from not knowing how to play FFA this time around, given how whack things can be.

Crouch Walk and spray with AR/Storm Rifle at close ranges

• Upvote (+1) 6

This. This is how you play Halo now. People need to start adapting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love this kind of gameplay <3 Slowpaced gameplay is the best gameplay. 

I love this kind of gameplay <3 Slowpaced gameplay is the best gameplay. 

It's super exciting. I've recently changed to toggle crouch to be just like the pros. It takes so much skill. Fuck the haters that like no radar *pfft* they have no idea how much skill it takes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any good, solid FFA tips or strategies? I've been wanting to get serious about it once again, but a lot of my hesitance in playing comes from not knowing how to play FFA this time around, given how whack things can be.

As you may know I don't play Halo 5 but I had a 50 in Lonewolf in Halo 3. 

It depends on the map, but you want to stay outside of things, and kill the people that cluster together.

Just things I can imagine being good: 

* I can imagine baiting the power up weapons will work very good in Halo 5 since everyone is going to know when they are up. 

* Halo 5 has a very big and open maps compared to the older Halo games so I am not sure if crouching + shotgun/sword etc is good in FFA anymore, but if there are some areas that are always crowded you should try. 

* How is the spawn system in Halo 5? Maybe it's easy to predict enemy spawns? 

mhm not sure about anything more. 

It's super exciting. I've recently changed to toggle crouch to be just like the pros. It takes so much skill. Fuck the haters that like no radar *pfft* they have no idea how much skill it takes.

But I actually like slow paced gameplay much more than fast paced gameplay, or chaotic gameplay as I like to call it. Radar or not, is irrelevant. Doubles (fewer players), 1 life modes (People are really careful because they only have 1 life), etc and so on where the pace of the game tends to be slower for whatever reason. 

I just love watching Counter Strike gameplay. Not chaotic, and the pace is absolutely perfect. 

Omg, just line up that headshot. It feels so good. 

I guess what I like so much about them is that they can be slow, but it's really up to you, because you can control the pace. I mean if you want to you can bum rush with one health only. On the other hand in Doom 4 for example, with 12 people on those maps and people are just behind you and everywhere, and it's just terrible. 

I actually got to play a 2vs2 Doom 4 match, and it was quite fun. The game locked us in at 4 players as it couldn't find anyone else. Had a terrible teammate, but I enjoyed it very much. 

eAtz5Em.gif

As you may know I don't play Halo 5 but I had a 50 in Lonewolf in Halo 3. 

It depends on the map, but you want to stay outside of things, and kill the people that cluster together.

Just things I can imagine being good: 

* I can imagine baiting the power up weapons will work very good in Halo 5 since everyone is going to know when they are up. 

* Halo 5 has a very big and open maps compared to the older Halo games so I am not sure if crouching + shotgun/sword etc is good in FFA anymore, but if there are some areas that are always crowded you should try. 

* How is the spawn system in Halo 5? Maybe it's easy to predict enemy spawns? 

Baiting I tend to do, already, so I can adapt that into my playstyle in FFA. Maps... they're half my issue as, while my positioning is good for team games, I have little idea as to how to work/adapt that into a solo play, (at most) 5v1 type of scenario. You know? The spawn system is kinda hard to predict, bar Truth, and Empire for myself.

eAtz5Em.gif

Baiting I tend to do, already, so I can adapt that into my playstyle in FFA. Maps... they're half my issue as, while my positioning is good for team games, I have little idea as to how to work/adapt that into a solo play, (at most) 5v1 type of scenario. You know? The spawn system is kinda hard to predict, bar Truth, and Empire for myself.

In team games you can go where your teammates are, or they can go where you are. You have these safe areas where your teammates are. In FFA you don't so try to position yourself on the sides of the map and never go to the middle. You want to be the one that no one pays attention to that just kill steals from the sides. I guess this is just a general rule, and as always you will have to judge it out from the situation. 

Another thing is, because this is FFA, you most likely want to sprint less than in team games because you need to have your gun up at all times. 

I have been tempted to upload one Halo 5 game that I played back in December when doubles was still up. 

0 - 4 right now in my placements in slayer. Toggle crouch is working wonders.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How to fix Locke.

He is involved in a secret genetic experiment by ONI to turn into a better soldier.

He becomes the reincarnation of Sgt Johnson.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you mind pointing out to me what exactly from what you linked was cringey/crap and doesn't fit into the Halo universe?

Damn near all of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How to fix Locke.

He is involved in a secret genetic experiment by ONI to turn into a better soldier.

He becomes the reincarnation of Sgt Johnson.

So long Brian Reed and the rest of the gang who wrote Halo 5 is still on board

i've no hope for the future campaigns

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have played an unusually large amount of Tyrant tonight. Also, they changed sniper to railgun on Tyrant. Did they rejigger the summer preview list a little or did I miss something?

3-10 in Slayer toggle crouch only. Got placed into Onyx. This game so easy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1-4 now. I'm learning

Also Stasis slayer is god awful.

I enjoy it for CTF a lot though.

I enjoy it for CTF a lot though.

I played it once, and it was ok. Probably would of enjoyed it more If I wasn't going against a To4, but I think it has potential, maybe.

3-10 in Slayer toggle crouch only. Got placed into Onyx. This game so easy.

if it was a fresh account I would be impressed and there would be merit, but being as the game places yu back in the same Onyx ranking when you qualifying after the reset you would have to be playing with your face to rank lower.

if it was a fresh account I would be impressed and there would be merit, but being as the game places yu back in the same Onyx ranking when you qualifying after the reset you would have to be playing with your face to rank lower.

That's why the matchmaking, and ranking system is complete ass.

I would love to go on a rant and talk about why H5 isnt a Halo game but last time i did i got a warning point.   :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 (and 4) obliterated any interest I had in the Halo story. It's all just space magic now. Halo 1-3 were one super soldier saving the galaxy.

• Upvote (+1) 9

H4 had an excellent campaign. Story wasn't at all trying to be deep, it was just trying to be decent and it succeeded. H5 and 1-3 had laughable writing in comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 blew the lid off the Forerunners for no reason, and now all the mystery is completely gone, without any sort of payoff or climatic moment.

• Upvote (+1) 5