CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

As in you get the Nightfall armour in the beta and the retail version of Halo 5 if you watch all five episodes of Halo: Nightfall on the Halo Channel.

Oh, it's to promote a series? Is the series free? If it's free then it's all G; i don't mind that at all.

Thanks.

My statement stays the same about the gaming industry though lol.

Bumper Jumper on the Xb1 controller feels fine for me. Switching from the 360, of course it took like a day or two to get used to, but after that, it was fine. I never experienced any sort of aiming difficulty after zooming in. Is it possible that you just need to get used to the Xb1 controller and MCC a bit more? 

I would definitely say you're at a disadvantage if you don't play BJ on H5, assuming you don't claw, because as you said, aiming and jumping at the same time is very helpful.

I went back to Bj. why did I even think of leaving it? :o

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know when the servers come on? Is it going to be 12:01 am? 

This is simply false. You must not have played at a high level. In both h1 and h3 the AR is used reguarly for it has the highest DPS within its niche.

Lol i was an MLG 50 i played at a high level and every single time i saw and AR i just had to run back while 4 shotting his face, sure i survived with no shield but never lost the fight. I never player H1, but in all halo games the automatics have always been crap.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Lol i was an MLG 50 i played at a high level and every single time i saw and AR i just had to run back while 4 shotting his face, sure i survived with no shield but never lost the fight. I never player H1, but in all halo games the automatics have always been crap.

at close range in h1 the AR can kill in 1.1 seconds, not to mention it has the fastest melee out of all the guns in the game. In CE there were reasons to keep the AR.

Can someone explain why the DMR still has 14 bullets per magazine?  It's a little thing I know but it just bothers me.

Im not arguing about H CE since i never played it, but in all the reamining halos, you know the last 10 years the automatics weapons have been crap.

Can someone explain why the DMR still has 14 bullets per magazine?  It's a little thing I know but it just bothers me.

Originally it was to balance out the DMR with the BR and Carbine, as neither weapon could get 3 kills before reloading. It should really be something that gets changed back. The DMR went from 12 to 15 bullets after Reach's beta.

Really is a shame that its come to this. This is the least hyped I've been for anything Halo ever. I used to buy other games just because they had Halo beta access included with them, but now I may just go to sleep instead of staying up for this.

Didnt even now it wasnt going to be available a midnight but rather 12 PM. Eh

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is simply false. You must not have played at a high level. In both h1 and h3 the AR is used reguarly for it has the highest DPS within its niche.

son what in the hell are u talking about

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

ARs werent even in MLG. Ask any vanilla competitive player or better yet watch some gameplay and youll see the AR was used all the time and kills faster than the BR at close range.

Part of its power was from AR melees obviously and the fact the BR was a 3 shot melee kill which was terribly slow.

I'm curious if I've downloaded the wrong version based off some of the posts in this thread. I downloaded the H5 Beta via Halo Waypoint, not via MCC > Extras. Can someone confirm whether the current version I have will be playable when the time comes? Or I need to download the version via MCC?

I have never enjoyed a Halo beta TBH. I have nightmares of replaying high ground on Halo 3 *shudders*. Halo Reach swordbase also turned out sour. 

I actually think I'm going to enjoy this one folks. Crossing my fingers. 

Anyone with less than 1 upload having issues with this game so far? I don't want to have to sit this game out as well as H2A :/

I actually think I'm going to enjoy this one folks. Crossing my fingers. 

I've never enjoyed a Halo beta either but I'm really really HOPING one that contains a remake of Midship would be semi enjoyable, lol. 

Anyone notice that the cinematic with Locke and the Arbiter before you download the beta shows Locke holding a BR with the old scope on it?

Maybe I'm looking too much into it. Maybe I really just hate the RDS that we've seen in the beta. but I really hope that means there's a chance that the damn thing goes back to the original design. Seriously, I really hate the RDS on it.