CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Thank God Time Warner upgraded all of its users internet for free here in Cali. Was rocking a 15mb down/1mb up and then they upgraded it to 50mb down/5mb up and it's a world of a difference. They finally do something right. 

Halo 5 beta almost done downloading! 83%! 

So do we have a confirm that if you started downloading it through watching nightfall it isn't the old version of the beta?

Yes, we do.

The ar in halo 1 is the best one so far, the new one just looks like it's too easy to use.

When I start up my MCC, and go to extras - the H5 Beta option is unable to be selected.

Where is everyone pre-downloading the Beta? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

what is the size of the new beta or is it identical to the old version? (which i doubt)

still downloading the 10.26 gig beta accessed through the MCC - Extras - H5

somehow its size makes me believe its the old beta, 7 maps and at least a big share of the MM to make it working could as well be bigger than 10 gig

Yes, we do.

What about the people who had early access? I assume since I only had two maps, I'll need to install something more. Any word on that stuff? It took me 6 hours to install the two maps. I don't really want to go through that again.

What about the people who had early access? I assume since I only had two maps, I'll need to install something more. Any word on that stuff? It took me 6 hours to install the two maps. I don't really want to go through that again.

as long as you didnt change the power settings on your xbox, it should have downloaded already while the xbox was off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what is the size of the new beta or is it identical to the old version? (which i doubt)

still downloading the 10.26 gig beta accessed through the MCC - Extras - H5

somehow its size makes me believe its the old beta, 7 maps and at least a big share of the MM to make it working could as well be bigger than 10 gig

the 10 gig update is all you need. The people that have the beta already need to download a 7 gig patch that actually makes the overall file smaller somehow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the 10 gig update is all you need. The people that have the beta already need to download a 7 gig patch that actually makes the overall file smaller somehow.

so download 7 gigs to shorten the 10 gigs

download 17 total gigabytes.

are they not aware that some people have data caps?

so download 7 gigs to shorten the 10 gigs

download 17 total gigabytes.

are they not aware that some people have data caps?

then dont download it. im sure they arent just shoving it full of useless stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

as long as you didnt change the power settings on your xbox, it should have downloaded already while the xbox was off.

Cool, thanks!

when are these things ever optional?

Unless you where a preview member(I know you where not) you only have to download the 10gigs, the 7gigs was them fixing stuff mostly rewrites of the original 10gigs that the preview members downloaded.

To all that can't access the MCC, Try Quitting the build then restarting. if that doesn't work, Attempt a Hard reset of your console by holding down the button till it turns off.

I am torn . I remember using the default controls for every halo ignoring every other scheme. Until a specific day. It was reach 2v2 on Asylum and I was red turret ramp and the enemy was red flag. I put the first 2 shots Until the bastard turns around and out dmr'd me while jumping. Instead of raging, I thought "wow, you can't simply do that with the default controls". I then started trying each scheme until I found out what the guy used. And there it was... Bumper Jumper.

I started a custom game by myself and started hopping and shooting nonstop. it felt like a life hack. I never looked back. UNTIL the Xbone controller. SMH I wont even ask because I'm sure I'm the only one, but my aim is always off after I click to zoom. I tried and tried but it was not working with me. So after I cried, I sadly started looking for a control scheme that didn't use the click-to-aim. LT to aim...  I am torn.

the buttons in mcc for zoom-and-shoot are terrible for me. But H5's default looks promising. I feel so noobie. FUCK

Bumper Jumper on the Xb1 controller feels fine for me. Switching from the 360, of course it took like a day or two to get used to, but after that, it was fine. I never experienced any sort of aiming difficulty after zooming in. Is it possible that you just need to get used to the Xb1 controller and MCC a bit more? 

I would definitely say you're at a disadvantage if you don't play BJ on H5, assuming you don't claw, because as you said, aiming and jumping at the same time is very helpful.

Unless you where a preview member(I know you where not) you only have to download the 10gigs, the 7gigs was them fixing stuff mostly rewrites of the original 10gigs that the preview members downloaded.

To all that can't access the MCC, Try Quitting the build then restarting. if that doesn't work, Attempt a Hard reset of your console by holding down the button till it turns off.

I don't mean for me, I mean in general.  I have good internet and no data cap, I don't care.  But many people have daily and monthly data caps and asking them to download a 10 gig file then a 7 gig file that doesn't add anything is asking much.

Are you assuming that the 2nd version of the map is a replacement for an original map?I don't mind if there was 2 versions of each map as long as it doesn't effect the amount of maps that will be made.

Oh of course I wouldn't mind that either. I don't think these things should be looked over. 343 are the last company that deserves the benefit of the doubt. Could anyone tweet bravo and ask him do the second versions of map come out of the overall map pool? I'd do it myself but am using a touchscreen ATM and would rather pull my cocktails off than sign up to Twitter with these things.

Downloaded and ready to play a Working Halo game.

How can you tell if you unlocked the armor from watching Nightfall / it shows me pics of it but when I click it just takes me to the Halo 5 beta /and then nothing.

Maybe it will work once it's open.

• Downvote (-1) 1