CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd be interested in knowing what peoples aim settings are again now that we have more options. We just played a Tour De Sensitivity Crisis ( credit to @@bunniesz23 ) for 2 hours and it took a bit but at the end everyone seemed pretty happy with the aim and their settings.

most people agreed upon 2x/3y/4acceleration

I didn't think the starting weapons were a big deal in infection  :apg:

We can make whatever we want in custom games anyway. That's where infection is most fun

I'd be interested in knowing what peoples aim settings are again now that we have more options. We just played a Tour De Sensitivity Crisis (credit to @bunniesz23) for 2 hours and it took a bit but at the end everyone seemed pretty happy with the aim and their settings.

I play on 2,3.5 now

• Upvote (+1) 2

We can make whatever we want in custom games anyway. That's where infection is most fun

100%.

Are you kidding me? Autos and pickups in Infection?

Hooooooly shit they are actually fucked. They literally don't know how to put together a proper gametype, I'm actually embarrassed.

Game informer had a video on it and Unyshek  explained the reasoning for going with Shotgun and AR with pickups on map. It made a lot of sense honestly.

Are you kidding me? Autos and pickups in Infection?

Hooooooly shit they are actually fucked. They literally don't know how to put together a proper gametype, I'm actually embarrassed.

I honestly feel most maps are pretty well balanced with the pick ups and after picking up a magnum on one of the maps... it honestly would be way too easy for survivors.

I'd be interested in knowing what peoples aim settings are again now that we have more options. We just played a Tour De Sensitivity Crisis ( credit to @@bunniesz23 ) for 2 hours and it took a bit but at the end everyone seemed pretty happy with the aim and their settings.

most people agreed upon 2x/3y/4acceleration

I ended up on 2:3 as well, stuck with 2 accel but that could change if I get more comfortable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't think the starting weapons were a big deal in infection  :apg:

I play on 2,3.5 now

I actually saw a helpful post in Waypoint for once. Turns out you can't make it so that infection cant get in vehicles. 

Im going to hop on now, so the consensius is its best to play on 0 deadzones and 1 Acceleration? And what are the best settings for Horiz and Vertical?

I really wish I could just put it at 5 and be done with it.

I ended up on 2:3 as well, stuck with 2 accel but that could change if I get more comfortable.

You probably won't want to change it. Most of us played on 3/5 beforehand, so a higher accel would have felt more normal to us.

Im going to hop on now, so the consensius is its best to play on 0 deadzones and 1 Acceleration? And what are the best settings for Horiz and Vertical?

Everyones going to have a preference. I prefer having my X and Y match. Some are leaving them default because it's what they're used to and some don't want even X/Y. 

I find having your X and Y the same or closer will somewhat resemble older games a bit more.

Try 5 vertical, and 2.5 horizontal. It's also all just preference. I play on 4 accel 4/3.5 vert, and 2.5 horizontal right now. Really just trying to feel it out.

I actually saw a helpful post in Waypoint for once. Turns out you can't make it so that infection cant get in vehicles. 

It's ridiculous. Infection was added 6 months after release, and they still can't get some elementary things right. Smeer the Queer and other vehicle based gametypes are basically goners until the options is added in.

Knowing 343, it will most likely come in the next update rather than as a hotfix.

@@Frosty it's a matter of preference. I use 5 but I know most use 2.

Try 5 vertical, and 2.5 horizontal

If his sense was 5 already, I believe this is what it's going to be for him by default.

To me, equal XY feels a lot more fluid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I play on 1 acceleration is that really bad for aiming?

That means the sudden increase in acceleration is reduced so IMO it's probably the best.

I've been wanting pickups in Infection for ages. Put them in horrible, horrible spots for a risk/reward.

Of course, each to our own.

0 deadzones and 1 accel will do the most to help with the messed up acceleration curves. Match your horizontal and vertical if you want to get as close a possible to old halos (warning: 5x5y will feel fast as fuck. Try 4x4y or lower.)

With the expanded search parameters, could we see the return of proper social?

I have a serious topic going on at Reddit that will most likely cause some interesting replies and you guys are seriously discussing infection? FFS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4j3v3z/halo_should_go_back_to_where_it_started/

"Halo 5: Guardians' multiplayer is the pinnacle of the series in terms of gameplay mechanics. You want to go back to the gameplay of Combat Evolved? Come on, man"

Beyond Triggered. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

With the expanded search parameters, could we see the return of proper social?

Social already uses expanded search parameters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Social already uses expanded search parameters.

Explains why BTB is so good to play with friends.