CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think that 2:1 ratio is standard in console gaming. Overwatch had it like that .

Overwatch was the opposite, vertical was half of horizontal by default.

Idk if you just really like battlefield, or you're purposely choosing not to admit it doesn't fit into your original argument. But last I checked, Halo 5 Warzone was released MANY MANY months before Battlefield 1 trailer even debuted so I have no idea what "likes" on a YT video have to do with being popular.

I don't even understand how you think Battlefield some how sets the trends in the current shooter environment, especially considering its popularity and stats compared to Call of Duty (the actual game people consistently compared 343 and Halo to). It is now the 7th consecutive year COD is crowned king in terms of popularity, so forgive me if youtube likes and dislikes doesn't convince me of it's popularity compared to other IP's. Heck BO3 had an 85% attach rate on the PS4 in the US in q1 this year.

Even Destiny has outpaced BF4 in terms of popularity and that is a new IP, and it plays nothing like BF.

So honesty if a company is gonna copy other games to cash in on that crowd, copying BF would have to be the dumbest decision of all the shooters out there...

And I don't see how you cannot see the similarities between Warzone and Conquest mode of Battlefield.  I hate Warzone and I don't think it should be in Halo.  I play big team battle instead.  BTB was neglected so bad in Halo 5 and it pisses me off.    And it's all because of Warzone and the REQ system.   Because they wanted to create something that would keep people coming back.  I believe that is why they made a hybrid that was very much influenced by Battlefield and called it Warzone.  What kept people coming back to battlefield?  Unlocking weapons and vehicle add ons and other various class items. Halo Warzone's version of that is REQs.  It's a pretty simple correlation.  

The difference is Battlefield does it right and it is balanced.  As soon as people start calling in reqs it all goes to shit in Warzone.  Balance is out the window. In battlefield, people unlock a vehicle or weapon add on, they equip it and spawn with it at the beginning of the game, and it is balanced right from the get go.

I seriously thought something was wrong with xbox controllers these days, this game man smh

So basically make the vertical and horizontal sensitivities the same. Ok cool,thanks

Noooo don't do that. Look at the horizontal value for every default sensitivity. I went 3.5 and 3.5 because I thought that meant 3.5 sensitivity. It's actually the same horizontal turn speed as 7 sensitivity with the vertical at 3.5. It's fucking stupid.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

After playing couple round with warzone, the server are still really crappy.

The first round did i disconnect from the match, and the second match was laggy.

The search didn't work at all.

Overwatch was the opposite, vertical was half of horizontal by default.

What you are telling me that the default in halo is 3 Vertical 1.5 Horizontal ???. Like Vertical being 2 time Horizontal ???. Wow that is stupid considering that most people monitors/TV are widescreen having more screen in the horizontal plane than the vertical.

After playing couple round with warzone, the server are still really crappy.

The first round did i disconnect from the match, and the second match was laggy.

The search didn't work at all.

Did you try changing the preference?

Played 3 entire fucking games on 3.5/3.5 thinking I just suck ass. Didn't know it was actually 7 fucking sens. WHY DID 343 MAKE THIS SO COMPLICATED

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why does aiming feel better in Warzone than Arena? So server performance screws with aiming? Just, how? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What you are telling me that the default in halo is 3 Vertical 1.5 Horizontal ???. Like Vertical being 2 time Horizontal ???. Wow that is stupid considering that most people monitors/TV are widescreen having more screen in the horizontal plane than the vertical.

Yup, 3 sens= 3 vert 1.5 hori

And I don't see how you cannot see the similarities between Warzone and Conquest mode of Battlefield.  I hate Warzone and I don't think it should be in Halo.  I play big team battle instead.  BTB was neglected so bad in Halo 5 and it pisses me off.    And it's all because of Warzone and the REQ system.   Because they wanted to create something that would keep people coming back.  I believe that is why they made a hybrid that was very much influenced by Battlefield and called it Warzone.  What kept people coming back to battlefield?  Unlocking weapons and vehicle add ons and other various class items. Halo Warzone's version of that is REQs.  It's a pretty simple correlation.     

Why do you keep forcing this comparison between Warzone and Battlefield like thats the only game to have done this before. So is BTB Strongholds a copy for Conquest mode in Battlefield?

Did 343 take inspiration from BF? sure/maybe/whatever, it doesn't really matter because you and I both know they play WAY differently. Is taking inspiration bad? It's a great game, and very under appreciated. Is 343 copying BF to chase the big crowds? No, because that would be stupid because it isn't even the most popular shooter right now.

In fact, if anything it's clear Warzone is taking more inspiration from Destiny/Division more, with the whole fight AI with team mates, pvp as well, collect loot and get more epic rewards.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They added a CSR meter in-game.

198 days late. And this update cheated on us. 

How any fan supports this kind of practice is absolutely absurd. It makes me wonder how many corners 343 are going to cut with each game they release. Reach is one my all time favorite games, and I know that's a very unpopular opinion on this forum. I've had high hopes that this would bring me back into Halo 5. But no, we got no Falcon, no weapons from Reach, no maps from Reach, and nothing else from Reach that made it great. Grant it we got of Noble team's armor set. But instead of content that made Reach great to me and other who enjoyed it, we get another Phaeton variant, a Brute Plasma Rifle, Weapon attachments that track enemies (yeah remember those from Reach?), and skins that we got like what 2 months earlier for a limited time? And we can't forget about Infection. Why are we praising 343 for bringing not only this, but the majority of content that isn't currently in the game when it should have been in DAY 1?

I know I sound like a prissy little ass, but I keep thinking how well this game could have been if we got the same features from previous Halo titles day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy hell breakout is still a thing. You learn something new every day.

Haha yeah. I solod back to onyx in arena after placements and needed a break. Not really a fan of it but figured I'd try to get onyx in that too.

All the precision weapon pick ups in Infection should be replaced with the Magnum. The DMR is a semi auto sniper and makes it difficult to get near the survivors as the infected. I think the AR is fine, as you will go through the ammo for it really quickly if you aren't careful.

Why do you keep forcing this comparison between Warzone and Battlefield like thats the only game to have done this before. So is BTB Strongholds a copy for Conquest mode in Battlefield?

Did 343 take inspiration from BF? sure/maybe/whatever, it doesn't really matter because you and I both know they play WAY differently. Is taking inspiration bad? It's a great game, and very under appreciated. Is 343 copying BF to chase the big crowds? No, because that would be stupid because it isn't even the most popular shooter right now.

In fact, if anything it's clear Warzone is taking more inspiration from Destiny/Division more, with the whole fight AI with team mates, pvp as well, collect loot and get more epic rewards.

lol wow.  Warzone taking inspiration from the Division/Destiny.  I never thought I would read that on the internet.   Dropped the Double Ds on me.  You sir caught me off guard with that one. 

+1 just for making me laugh.

Warzone = Bastardized version of Onslaught from Unreal Tournament

Warzone Assault = Bastardized version of Assault from Unreal Tournament

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol wow.  Warzone taking inspiration from the Division/Destiny.  I never thought I would read that on the internet.   Dropped the Double Ds on me.  You sir caught me off guard with that one. 

+1 just for making me laugh.

Really? The whole grind warzone, get better scores, kill AI, capture bases, get more points to then purchase more REQ with increasing levels of rarity to then use again in game. Yeah really sounds like battlefield dude.

Griffball copied madden, campaign copied Uncharted, arena copied league of legends. Halo 6 should copy Rainbow 6 siege, the real trendsetter cuz it more likes than Infinite Warfare.

Yes

It's not just you. The servers are complete ass right now.

Really? The whole grind warzone, get better scores, kill AI, capture bases, get more points to then purchase more REQ with increasing levels of rarity to then use again in game. Yeah really sounds like battlefield dude.

Griffball copied madden, campaign copied Uncharted, arena copied league of legends. Halo 6 should copy Rainbow 6 siege, the real trendsetter cuz it more likes than Infinite Warfare.

AI in Warzone is such an insignificant part that I am surprised it is brought up as a differential point.  At least in Warzone Assualt, which is mostly what I played because it was the more balanced of the two, and yet still shit for balance.

• "Capturing bases" while battling another team on a larger scale is very similar to Battlefield's Conquest. lol. 
  • Grinding it to unlock weapons and vehicles features.  Yup, Both Warzone and Battlefiled do it.  Warzone you call in mid game, battlefield you equip when ever you want.

I'm sorry you can't see the similarities.   Let's go ahead and drop it and get back to discussing the new update instead of Warzone's true inspiration and whether it is good for Halo.  You an I will go round and round forever on this it seems.

• Upvote (+1) 1