CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can you buy those packs with reqs or only real money

It was the MoR Preview pack. Everyone gets one. Gives you a couple Exp boosts and a couple of the 1 time use reqs.

Can you buy those packs with reqs or only real money

Both i think.

80k regs point or 20 bucks

edit: my bad. i was mistaken

Currently if you JIP a Infection game mid round you become a Zombie. Catch is, everyone is your team mate and you can't kill or be killed.

Seems as though the MoR preview pack can't be opened atm. Don't care though, got my2 Phaeton Helios when I opened mine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its not healthy except that its a huge part of why Halo used to be so popular? Ok

Insinuating that was the only thing that made Halo popular?

Like I said, UGC is a good thing, it just needs to be handled the right way. Halo 3 offered all of those niche experiences as enticing weekend playlists that were different from the norm of standard matchmaking.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Uh, when was the competitive aspect (whether actual tournament play or casual competition) of Halo ever...EVER its main draw? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like I said, UGC is a good thing, it just needs to be handled the right way. Halo 3 offered all of those niche experiences as enticing weekend playlists that were different from the norm of standard matchmaking.

No but you seem to have some conception UGC has hurt the game when historically that has NEVER been the case.

No but you seem to have some conception UGC has hurt the game when historically that has NEVER been the case.

The way UGC/niche experiences is handled can hurt the game, that is my argument. UGC as an idea is good.

Was Grifball not permanent? As well as multi team, snipers, team tactical, MLG, swat, MLG ffa, etc

There were a lot of niche lists in h3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way UGC/niche experiences is handled can hurt the game, that is my argument. UGC as an idea is good.

And I agree...but how has it hurt this game? If anything, the thing that has hurt the game has been lack of UGC, not tons of niche community modes.

BUT GUYZ IT'S FREEEE, DON'T COMPLAIN /s

To all those who down voted this comment, I upvoted it, because I paid $60 for a Halo game that still doesn't have a proper fucking oddball game type.  Just cuz something is free doesn't make it good.   Here we are more than half a year later and Halo 5 is just now barely approaching a decent value of $60.   That's beside the fact I got burnt out on it months ago because of the terrible solo arena matchmaking experience.  Forgive me for not boarding the hype train for the terribly unbalanced warzone bullshit.   I loathe it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

User-generated content.

But doesn't more UGC mean that the community is more involved with the game? Which means more players? And that those players are far happier?

But doesn't more UGC mean that the community is more involved with the game? Which means more players? And that those players are far happier?

We don't have the population to support normal playlist let alone niche ones

I would have rather had no warzone at all and more/better arena maps, better arena balance, and the basic arena gametypes shipped with the $60 dollar price tag.   

inb4 all the warzone req junkies downvote the shit out of this.  I would love a Halo 6 with no Warzone. maybe I am the only one.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UGC needs to be a bigger part of halo. There wont be a lack of content, really ever, if the community makes it 100x faster than 343.

We need AI in Forge.

I would have rather had no warzone at all and more/better arena maps, better arena balance, and the basic arena gametypes shipped with the $60 dollar price tag.   

inb4 all the warzone req junkies downvote the shit out of this.  I would love a Halo 6 with no Warzone. maybe I am the only one.

No offense, but so glad you don't make any decisions. Warzone is way more popular and is the way most FPS are heading. (Free content, big battles, use what you want, funds arena so it doesn't die (free stuff+hcs funding)). What your proposing would make sure Halo 6 is the least successful Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well, yes. Ideally, the game would have supported the various niches from the start, so they would actually play the game. It seems more pointless the longer it takes to actually happen. We're going on 7 months after release for infection. I wonder how many people will actually bother to come back.

overall this update is great.

Agreed, but the game is still a piece of shit.

Also, why in the fuck is there autos, and power weapon bullshit in infection?!? 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

But wasn't the decrease in population due to the fact that a lot of the UGC wasn't supported?

To all those who down voted this comment, I upvoted it, because I paid $60 for a Halo game that still doesn't have a proper fucking oddball game type.  Just cuz something is free doesn't make it good.   Here we are more than half a year later and Halo 5 is just now barely approaching a decent value of $60.   That's beside the fact I got burnt out on it months ago because of the terrible solo arena matchmaking experience.  Forgive me for not boarding the hype train for the terribly unbalanced warzone bullshit.   I loathe it. 

Those people can down voted all they want, it doesn't change the fact that

this game have some glaring issue 343 haven't resolved just yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed, but the game is still a piece of shit.

Also, why in the fuck is there autos, and power weapon bullshit in infection?!? 

Is this a real question? To make you move and not sit and camp off spawn, you rather have pistol/br so any one with a non severed thumb can shit on you all game?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, yes. Ideally, the game would have supported the various niches from the start, so they would actually play the game. It seems more pointless the longer it takes to actually happen. We're going on 7 months after release for infection. I wonder how many people will actually bother to come back.

I will probably waste the 4 gigs on my xbizone's drive, but I am not letting myself get hyped.  It will probably take 6 games to play Stasis in arena and by then I'll be furious. 

Those people can down voted all they want, it doesn't change the fact that

this game have some glaring issue 343 haven't resolved just yet.

I downvoted because it was a completely different conversation and you just said it to try and start shit.