CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Any kind of radar is the worst idea you have heard in your life time, so that kind of discredits your opinion on the mechanic itself. 

Not true at all. There are tons of games that do radar right. 

Halo 5 is not one of them. 

Edit: That's a good strawman right there though, damn. And LOLOL at that +rep. 

Moa! How does it feel????

Better.

You know the videos where people are slowly spinning their reticle and then it suddenly picks up in speed? That's still a thing.

There's no REQ items in forge, including the new Recon DMR. So take that as you will.

What other weapons?

What other weapons?

I heard that all the REQ items might be coming to forge because of the new Fiesta that had them. I dunno, kinda weird they didn't include the Recon DMR so you can spawn it on the map.

What other weapons?

Nothing new in Forge options weapon-wise apart from the Brute Plasma Rifle.

You can duplicate the Recon DMR on Stasis but that's it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tyaotfI.png

Probably the best thing about the update

Worth noting that it still costs 10k points.

Huh? It's the chance at three permanent unlocks for the same amount of points. Seems like a small upgrade to me.

I'm still only buying Silvers, but no emblems and higher chances at other stuff makes me smile.

Still waiting on that fucking DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure population divide is a fair argument, but the reason I hate Infection/Grifball/Action Sack being permanent playlists is that it takes away from the competitive identity of the game.

When people think of League of Legends or CS:GO, you automatically have an image of what the game is, what it looks and feels like (and this image is cemented even further by eSports). When people play Halo, they can think of Race, Machinima, Action Sack, Grifball, Infection, BTB, Warzone, HCS, etc.

Bungie dug us a grave for the game's image by supporting these niches, and now people are conditioned to expect the full developer treatment to support their favorite bits and pieces of the game.

I'm personally very happy that they are going to be removing Grifball. Not because I don't like the mode (I love playing it when it's rotational and treated as a unique niche experience), but because it alongside Infection would detract from the game's image as a whole.

Now imagine saying that about Minecraft or GTAV.

Halo has always been a sandbox based shooter, shoehorning a singular identity would be flat out dishonest to the franchise as we know it. Halo has flourished from a variety of communities instead of just one, and thats one of the things that has made it so special to so many different people. In the same way CoD has become synonymous for it's zombies as well as its MM, you never see gun game or hardcore take anything away from it's image.

You sound like you want to take a cherry-on-top approach instead of a fruit medley.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Better.

You know the videos where people are slowly spinning their reticle and then it suddenly picks up in speed? That's still a thing.

Crap..... Thats what i was hoping it would fix. Gotta wait another 3 more months for that

There's no REQ items in forge, including the new Recon DMR. So take that as you will.

hey man did you create the twitch log in for the beach lan? if so do you remember the log in info?

Now imagine saying that about Minecraft or GTAV.

Halo has always been a sandbox based shooter, shoehorning a singular identity would be flat out dishonest to the franchise as we know it. Halo has flourished from a variety of communities instead of just one, and thats one of the things that has made it so special to so many different people. In the same way CoD has become synonymous for it's zombies as well as its MM, you never see gun game or hardcore take anything away from it's image.

You sound like you want to take a cherry-on-top approach instead of a fruit medley.

Those are games that are built around exploration and creativity. The foundational design for Halo has always been two teams fighting and shooting each other. When you have modes like Grifball that become a core part of the game but don't resemble any of the other modes, it's not healthy for the game.

And yeah that metaphor is a good way to describe it.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Also though they said you could do .5's to overall sensitivitys. Not true

Huh?

I can do 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you change it to 2.5 etc your regular sensitivity goes to "custom" your on 2.5 now.

You have to open your sensitivities by press A, then you have to set both the Horizontal and Vertical to .5

Vert and horizon you can but not to your base sensitivity.

Oh im dumb, so i guess you can custom it to 3.5,3.5 and that = 3.5 base sens?

Vert and horizon you can but not to your base sensitivity.

Oh im dumb, so i guess you can custom it to 3.5,3.5 and that = 3.5 base sens?

Correct