CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can we talk about the REAL reason Speed Boost is stupid (No, it's not the 1HK Spartan Charge).

Your shields recharge while sprinting.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can we talk about the REAL reason Speed Boost is stupid (No, it's not the 1HK Spartan Charge).

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

I think I've only used speed boost once.  

Chiming in on the remix conversation:

• Regret/Truth: Average change in aesthetic, average change in gameplay
  • Riptide/Fathom: Very little change in aesthetic, large change in gameplay
  • Overgrowth/Plaza: Large change in aesthetic, large change in gameplay
  • Torque/Stasis: Very little change in aesthetic, very little change in gameplay
  • Tyrant/Coliseum: Large change in aesthetic, large change in gameplay
  • Empire/Eden: Barely any change in aesthetic, massive change in gameplay

A remix is fine in my books as long as they dramatically change the visuals and the gameplay. Obviously I want the map to actually play well but that's an entirely different topic. Complaining about the reuse of assets isn't connected to bad map design IMO

wait tyrant is a coliseum remix?

giphy.gif

(this is why the word 'remix' sucks and they should have never used it)

• Upvote (+1) 2

giphy.gif

(this is why the word 'remix' sucks and they should have never used it)

Man I really thought they were being original for once, but at least when I played the map it feels like a new map and not like coliseum. I don't particularly like it though with radars. It's too easy to pick people off on that map.

You were right, @@heytred.

Don't mention the word remix and some people don't seem to notice. Then again, Tyrant has to be the first map that looks completely different from its original.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tyrant is the first map I played on that didn't feel like a remix. The others are super obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone remind me again why map remixes are even a thing?

It's a good question, because it doesn't really save that much on the art budget since you're reskinning entire maps.

Maybe lack of confidence in designers? :p

Quantity not Quality?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would't I promote halo content i create to the halo community?

You're "trolling" me right?

If not, there's a difference.

because 343 have no idea how to set realistic goals for themselves so they cut corners hoping to fool the community into going along with it. sad thing is that it works for some people.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're "trolling" me right?

If not, there's a difference.

I'm sorry promoting my channel offended you man. Have a fantastic day!

• Downvote (-1) 1

No need to be sorry my dude, you didn't offend me. Have a great day yourself and may your efforts bring you prosperity and recognition.

Personally I don't really care for any of H5's maps. I ask myself often "Would I miss any of these maps several years from now?" My answer is always a hard no. There are maps I tolerate, and that's about it. Not even a single bit of excitement.

I like caster over fuel rod on Regret. Hope that stays.

I also dont mind the rocket-snipe switch on coli. I really do like the switch on the splinters. Dont mind no brs but whatever

The new plaza is garbage. Please dont keep that. OS in yard is a joke

edit:

the servers have been shit all night for me. I have never had the teleporting until tonight.

And is it wrong i dont mind the hydra on truth :thinking:

343 Forge team never fails to amaze me :walshy:

With 343 basically sticking to UNSC architecture and Forge having those (basic) textures, I expect talented forgers to create maps more beautiful then dev maps soon

did they show gameplay of the plasma rifle yesterday? is it more then a reskin for the storm rifle?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a good question, because it doesn't really save that much on the art budget since you're reskinning entire maps.

Maybe lack of confidence in designers? :p

Because it takes a lot more time to design new maps from scratch. Keep in mind that I haven't played in forever, but from Emperor to it's reskin (which I don't remember the name of) they have basically just replaced the skybox, scratched a few models here, and added a few models there. I can imagine with their engine it's almost done like Forge - Just drag and drop a couple of items here, and delete something there. 

If you want to create something entirely new you will need to create new assets. New concepts, then new art, new models, put it all together and then playtest it. 

And? Active Camo makes you invisible and you don't appear on the radar.

People sprinting away isn't a big problem in this game in my opinion. Doesn't happen too often. The maps have so much cover and hallways anyway that thruster is a way bigger problem regarding "getting away one shot".

On the level I play (Onyx 1700+) every second flag run on Fathom ends up in a flag standoff which I hate. I hope that with speed boost, players will be able to run the flag way faster and we won't see so many standoffs anymore. At the same time I think the standoffs will be even harder to break now without Railgun and Camo though.

What I am trying to say is that I want to give speed boost a chance. I don't think it's annoying at all, I think it's interesting. The only thing that annoyed me was the 1 hit SC, but guess what? ;)

ctHfYNd.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

You gotta put more effort into editing, put lyrics on screen and maybe a montage of str8 sick playing? I was already turned off by the synth at the start imo.

did they show gameplay of the plasma rifle yesterday? is it more then a reskin for the storm rifle?

It seems to kill much slower(12-13 shots), but shreds shields and has a fire rate that increases as you hold the trigger as with the older iterations. It's also pretty accurate and I believe they said on the stream that it has a faster projectile.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's basically what the SR should be: Shreds shields very quickly but doesn't do much damage to health.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ghost Town was pretty bad.

Bad. But not Omg holy fuck *shuts off xbox* bad like overgrowth.

• Upvote (+1) 1