CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly at the end of the day, these updates are free and monthly, but I really think they could have done it much better.

Like they should have been 2 month cycles, and put all those 2 individual months worth of content into that 1 cycle. That way you would really have to worry about not having enough content to hype the crowd, that would be 1-2 Arena maps, and 1 Warzone Map and 1 Assault map every cycle. That just feels better, even if its all the same.

To keep community happy in the empty months, focus on the community side of things. Like community map play list testing etc... Anything really.

Honestly at the end of the day, all of these features and maps should have been there day 1, plus more. With how big they wanted Warzone to be, and only having 3 maps at launch for it is pathetic. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

You know the teaser was actually bad because Meanbean didn't like it.

ha

Better than the people who are always super negative and down about everything, comparing a free monthly update to the anti-christ...

Did you say FREE?!?!

• Upvote (+1) 5

So is this community doubles playlist ever going to happen?

Im pretty sure by this point in Reach's lifecycle we already had community slayer and community BTB( Maybe even team classic as well) and both of those playlists had like 20 maps in them. .

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still hoping that new Warzone map is somehow linked to the "Kraken - Warzone" as the interview with Bonnie Ross show'd in the back on the dev screens.

Imagine fighting on a Kraken from campaign :O

Edit: For anyone who missed the tease for next update 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8xrXfPZ6ZE

It's a test playing for the Kraken team at 343 Industries. It's not a Kraken map.

Has this been confirmed? Last update not counting firefight, I'm assuming rig remix and skirmish darkstar only.

Firefight isn't the last update, just the last of the announced updates. They confirmed six additional Warzone maps before launch and so far we've gotten three of them. 

• Noctus
  • Urban
  • Skirmish

Next one to come is the Skirmish Warzone Assault variant and the final Warzone & Warzone Assault map.

As long as REQs keep on selling, the updates will keep on coming. 

So is this community doubles playlist ever going to happen?

Im pretty sure by this point in Reach's lifecycle we already had community slayer and community BTB( Maybe even team classic as well) and both of those playlists had like 20 maps in them. .

OvCkU2Z.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly at the end of the day, all of these features and maps should have been there day 1, plus more. With how big they wanted Warzone to be, and only having 3 maps at launch for it is pathetic. 

Really? Halo 5 is meant to have launched with 20+ maps ? I mean I get the launch didn't have enough content but lets not act like all these maps were somehow expected, that all this content we are getting monthly right now should have all been at launch; apart from playlists and forge (which only took 1 month).

Lets compare that to other games shall we? Halo 3 launched with 11 maps, and all the consecutive content was not free and segregated the community. Let's look at black ops 3 (better comparison for a modern AAA game), BO 3 launched with 12 maps, all consecutive content not free and segregated the community. 

Halo 5 launched with around 13 maps at launch (not including the break out maps). 

Yes I agree all the playlists should have been here from the start, including Forge. But lets not act like EVERYTHING that has been released free thus far was somehow "expected at the very least" for H5 launch.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

OvCkU2Z.png

Cool, thanks for the info.

Though that doesn't really answer why it's taking them so god damn long to do this stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cool, thanks for the info.

Though that doesn't really answer why it's taking them so god damn long to do this stuff.

Yeah. I was hoping it would be added tomorrow with Memories of Reach but it looks like FFA SWAT is getting the boot for Infection.

I was wondering if infection would be a permanent playlist or not. Guess not?

Really? Halo 5 is meant to have launched with 20+ maps ? I mean I get the launch didn't have enough content but lets not act like all these maps were somehow expected, that all this content we are getting monthly right now should have all been at launch; apart from playlists and forge (which only took 1 month).

Lets compare that to other games shall we? Halo 3 launched with 11 maps, and all the consecutive content was not free and segregated the community. Let's look at black ops 3 (better comparison for a modern AAA game), BO 3 launched with 12 maps, all consecutive content not free and segregated the community. 

Halo 5 launched with around 13 maps at launch (not including the break out maps). 

Yes I agree all the playlists should have been here from the start, including Forge. But lets not act like EVERYTHING that has been released free thus far was somehow "expected at the very least" for H5 launch.

Not entirely true. The heroic map pack went free eventually. And according to bungie, if it was up to them all of the DLC maps would have eventually went free but MS would not allow it because of achievements or something.

I was wondering if infection would be a permanent playlist or not. Guess not?

I think it'll take up the rotational slot for a week or two, then Grifball will get the boot and Infection will be permanent for a while. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really hoping people make some cool infection maps like they used to. I want to play duck hunt every day for the rest of my life.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not entirely true. The heroic map pack went free eventually. And according to bungie, if it was up to them all of the DLC maps would have eventually went free but MS would not allow it because of achievements or something.

Not really the way I remember it, heroic map pack went free because it wasn't popular at all. Segregating the community especially with low population due to low map sales will do that.

It became free around 3 months later, and only included 3 maps and some forge stuff. Heck I even remember an episode of Arby 'n the Chief, where arbiter was complaining about how not worth the value heroic map pack was.

H5 defo got more content post launch 3 months later in terms of maps and forge stuff.

I'm surprised he didn't say it was his favorite trailer of all time. 

This is probably my favourite trailer actually:

At least as far as Halo trailers go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really the way I remember it, heroic map pack went free because it wasn't popular at all. Segregating the community especially with low population due to low map sales will do that.

It became free around 3 months later, and only included 3 maps and some forge stuff. Heck I even remember an episode of Arby 'n the Chief, where arbiter was complaining about how not worth the value heroic map pack was.

H5 defo got more content post launch 3 months later in terms of maps and forge stuff.

Really?

I thought the Heroic Map Pack was a huge success while it cost money, purely because of Foundry.

• Upvote (+1) 3

God forbid Halo 3 didn't gave us FREE!!! DLC maps where people quit the build every time they show up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really?

I thought the Heroic Map Pack was a huge success while it cost money, purely because of Foundry.

Idk I remember reading about it when it went free because I was surprised. I was really young so don't remember exactly, let me check online and confirm.

Edit: According to halo.wikia "Due to its unpopularity, the Heroic Map Pack became free to download as of March 25, 2008."

Map count isn't the only thing. Post game medals? Gametypes? We didn't even get assault until how many months? Still no oddball or KoTH and we are just now getting infection. This game was missing many things that should've been there day 1. It's not like they had 3 years to make it or anything.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Man I love this free DLC! Can't wait to get home and spend $60 just to get all the reqs. Thanks 343i for fR33 st0off pl0x

• Upvote (+1) 8

Map count isn't the only thing. Post game medals? Gametypes? We didn't even get assault until how many months? Still no oddball or KoTH and we are just now getting infection. This game was missing many things that should've been there day 1. It's not like they had 3 years to make it or anything.

Yep definitely, which is why I said apart from playlists and forge. 

I only discuss maps because thats the best way to physically quantify multiplayer content imo. It's pretty scary the current gaming land scape because the costs of doing things in AAA are higher than ever, and we are consistently left with content lacking games to meet timelines. Whether playlists were delayed in H5 due to timelines or whatever is really up in the air.

Man I love this free DLC! Can't wait to get home and spend $60 just to get all the reqs. Thanks 343i for fR33 st0off pl0x

If there was a 50 dollar REQ pack that disable radar in Arena for an hour, would you buy it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If there was a 50 dollar REQ pack that disable radar in Arena for an hour, would you buy it?

I would rather wait until Halo 6.

I mean...

same.

Firefight isn't the last update, just the last of the announced updates. They confirmed six additional Warzone maps before launch and so far we've gotten three of them.

• Noctus
  • Urban
  • Skirmish
Next one to come is the Skirmish Warzone Assault variant and the final Warzone & Warzone Assault map.

As long as REQs keep on selling, the updates will keep on coming.

Ahh ok forgot about that. Idk man, after June 95% of the team will be on H6, prototyping/planning has to be done at this point and actual development starting. I don't see them hiring more than 20 guys to keep releasing content. Barring a f2p announcement, which I massively support.

Wait you will still be playing halo 5 after a year? Props to you

Yep, I've got a decent halo following on twitch and I think if done right Halo 6 will be massive. CoD4/Destiny 2 will battle it out for #2 in my heart.