CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys i went to look some old Walshy videos of the Halo5 beta. Few things I noticed he rarely ever used the magnum, the sound of headshots and bodyshots was great (why did they removed it).

And around 7:00 into the game he says he is trying to play like there is no radar since he assumes that competitive play won't have it.

Ps Walshy is GOAT.

Edit: Carnage stats and progression bar were goat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

is there a list of the changes anywhere?

I like the red nest has more cover, not sure about the red bend stronghold thouhg

I don't think Red Nest has more cover

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a large amount of those dislikes are people jumping on the hate bandwagon. 

Regrading Breakout though, I'm pretty sure the only agreement people had was that it didn't belong in HCS or Team Arena, not exactly that it was a bad game mode.

Assuredly there are some bandwagoners on there, as I'm pretty sure there are people who + or - rep things on here simply because it already has a lot of rep. That being said, it didn't get that many dislikes due to bandwagoners. CoD fans have been extremely vocal (I don't know if you have a twitter or not, but they're the most vocal about it on there) about the futuristic warfare/EXO suit nonsense since AW first came out.

But the message was being sent way before the bandwagoners stepped in.

Agreed on the Breakout thing though. That was what everyone was trying to get through to 343 from the very beginning. It's not that we don't think your gametype is cool, sure, people may like that gametype "Yay jump out of a man cannon and shoot stuff -- cool!" All that good stuff. But that gametype is probably the least competitive gametype in Halo history because it doesn't take any amount of skill to get one or two down at the beginning of a round by lobbing grenades across the map and bum rushing the other team once you have numbers. It's possible to have gametypes you think are fun to play and not be competitive. There's a reason why Juggernaut was never at an event either lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a large amount of those dislikes are people jumping on the hate bandwagon. 

You might wanna call it a hate bandwagon, but instead how about calling it the voice of many fans who don't want CoD to continue in this direction.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Infection, Stasis and more showing up in the API.

w7AwZRY.png

FsUqj37.png

xV4Mg8y.png

^ this one made me lol

New Infection medals, too

medals_4-8-16-8a558824b305498599fd86e1bf

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys i went to look some old Walshy videos of the Halo5 beta. Few things I noticed he rarely ever used the magnum, the sound of headshots and bodyshots was great (why did they removed it).

And around 7:00 into the game he says he is trying to play like there is no radar since he assumes that competitive play won't have it.

Ps Walshy is GOAT.

All I can notice is how crispy the aiming looks.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You might wanna call it a hate bandwagon, but instead how about calling it the voice of many fans who don't want CoD to continue in this direction.

The same people who made Black Ops 3 one of the most popular COD games of all time and the best selling game of the year? 

Also I'm very interested to see if all these dislikes for COD IW and likes for BF 1 will actually show in terms of sales and popularity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ps Walshy is GOAT.

I do remember when I was active on neogaf there were A LOT, and I mean A LOT of complaints in regards to the sounds of shots and taking damage (all those beeps) of the beta. In contrast, listening to it again, it did sound kind of nice. But I can imagine it would get way too annoying and repetitive over time.

The same people who made Black Ops 3 one of the most popular COD games of all time and the best selling game of the year? 

Also I'm very interested to see if all these dislikes for COD IW and likes for BF 1 will actually show in terms of sales and popularity.

It is not the same developer, treyarch made blops 3, Infinity ward made infinite warfare. And people aren't thrilled about the new movement mechanics in blops 3 either it is tonned down anger as it is an improvement over AW, but people still want the classic feel. And alot of people had hope for this game because of blops 2, hence why the game had such good sales figures.

I do remember when I was active on neogaf there were A LOT, and I mean A LOT of complaints in regards to the sounds of shots and taking damage (all those beeps) of the beta. In contrast, listening to it again, it did sound kind of nice. But I can imagine it would get way too annoying and repetitive over time.

The pop headshot sound was great, maybe the others was too much but that headshot sound was awesome.

Regrading Breakout though, I'm pretty sure the only agreement people had was that it didn't belong in HCS or Team Arena, not exactly that it was a bad game mode.

I still feel like Breakout has lots of untapped potential. Just need to attack it's weaknesses head on, tweak the weapons and overall damage tuning, get some interesting objectives in there...I think modeling it so closely to paintball held it back in the design phase.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It is not the same developer, treyarch made blops 3, Infinity ward made infinite warfare. And people aren't thrilled about the new movement mechanics in blops 3 either it is tonned down anger as it is an improvement over AW, but people still want the classic feel. And alot of people had hope for this game because of blops 2, hence why the game had such good sales figures.

It is true that there are many other reasons for it being extremely popular, being a sequel to the popular "black-ops" series, and being developed by trey arch which were showing a better track record than IW after mw3 and ghosts. But I can also argue the other side, where black ops 3 is the most futuristic, and features the most gameplay changing mechanics (wall running, super jumping, and pre-set powers such as the reaver etc...) which was obvious from the get go.

People have always wanted to hate on COD, that has always been true. 

But I do hope COD gives these futuristic games a bit of a rest and return to the more classic style games. It's clear that they knew some form of a back lash would occur and thats why they made MW1 remastered as a $20 extra. 

The pop headshot sound was great, maybe the others was too much but that headshot sound was awesome.

The pop headshot is still in game though? Thats actually one of my favourite things about H5 which they kept from the beta.

Gosh I don't know l. How do you go back for old clips.

Look at your game history on Waypoint and click on individual games.  From there you can bookmark that game, and it'll show up in Theater in Halo 5.

It is true that there are many other reasons for it being extremely popular, being a sequel to the popular "black-ops" series, and being developed by trey arch which were showing a better track record than IW after mw3 and ghosts. But I can also argue the other side, where black ops 3 is the most futuristic, and features the most gameplay changing mechanics (wall running, super jumping, and pre-set powers such as the reaver etc...) which was obvious from the get go.

That's because Black Ops did it right, and Ghosts/MW3 didn't.

BO3 = Step Forward from previous games in gameplay and content

MW3/Ghosts = Step Backward in gameplay

And regardless of what the consensus on BO3 is, it's been way to long since there's been a classic style CoD. Imagine how of a lot of us feel about new Halo, then times those feelings by 10. We want want made the game successful in the first place expanded, not "innovation".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys i went to look some old Walshy videos of the Halo5 beta. Few things I noticed he rarely ever used the magnum

Because the beta Magnum was a CQC monster, but was difficult to use and unusable at long range.

All I can notice is how crispy the aiming looks.

Yup. Every time I watch my old beta clips it makes it that much harder to handle the aiming now. The fact that is was perfect in the beta, then they decided for some ungodly reason to fuck it all up. So sad.  

Look at your game history on Waypoint and click on individual games. From there you can bookmark that game, and it'll show up in Theater in Halo 5.

Damn it seems that all the games videos don't exist anymore. Will have to download Halo 5 again and play a match.

So I didn't have an XB1 at the time the beta and MCC came out, and holy hell the beta looks so dope. Pretty upset that I missed it. 

So I didn't have an XB1 at the time the beta and MCC came out, and holy hell the beta looks so dope. Pretty upset that I missed it. 

It looks dope but it has a lot of issues. 

Autos were even more powerful than they are now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks dope but it has a lot of issues. 

Autos were even more powerful than they are now.

Yeah and all I hear about is how bad Orion was lol. Never had to suffer through that map. 

Still weird that they couldn't make those weapon tuning tweaks without messing up the aiming, UI, etc. 

The aiming though...

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah and all I hear about is how bad Orion was lol. Never had to suffer through that map.

Still weird that they couldn't make those weapon tuning tweaks without messing up the aiming, UI, etc.

Orion was on the final game.

Look at your game history on Waypoint and click on individual games.  From there you can bookmark that game, and it'll show up in Theater in Halo 5.

Can you do this for every game? Even super old games? Then that is so awesome.

Orion made it into the final game but was removed from matchmaking in under a week and has yet to return, thankfully.

One of the biggest issues from the beta that was kind of fixed was the sun on the map. It was extremely bright.