CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Little off topic, but does anyone use the Astro A40 TR's and can tell me if they have leather earpads?

Played MCC the other day. Got a h3 game on Heretic. God it makes me despise h5. The way you can move and jump around that map while in combat and how it compares to how you move around truth(stop, turn, sprint, look directly at something, clamber, stop, turn, shoot, stop, turn, sprint, turn, shoot).

Think of how fluid combat can be on carbine side of midship/Heretic and how segregated it is on truth.

No doubt about it, Halo 3 will go down as one of the greatest games of all time. Nobody will be clamoring for a "Halo 5 Anniversary".

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are arguments to keep radar in, but I also think they are very weak compared to the reasons to take it out.

I agree, but there are no solutions to fix the fundamental issues that it is bandaging at the moment.

@, here ya go brotha.  My first Halo 5 gameplay review:

Let me know what you guys think.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Thanks man, got to say Fathom CTF is my preferred stay on bottom gametype because I usually play with people who hold top. Just a habit I picked up from playing with friends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let me know what you guys think.

Does it have to be new gameplay? Would totally be alright for mine to be dissected.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does it have to be new gameplay? Would totally be alright for mine to be dissected.

I'd be happy to help you out.  What gameplay did you have in mind?

I think the update may come out tommorow. Livestream starts earlier than usual (Last ones have started at 12pm NZ Time, This one starts at 10am NZ Time, 2 hours earlier) and the starting time of 10am is the safe time for new reqs when an update drops. They might show off the new map, reqs and forge stuff, before heading into match making and giving away the MoR Req pack to people who beat them?

Or maybe its me just being hopeful.

I think the update may come out tommorow. Livestream starts earlier than usual (Last ones have started at 12pm NZ Time, This one starts at 10am NZ Time, 2 hours earlier) and the starting time of 10am is the safe time for new reqs when an update drops. They might show off the new map, reqs and forge stuff, before heading into match making and giving away the MoR Req pack to people who beat them?

Or maybe its me just being hopeful.

They've intentionally not shown any gameplay of Stasis so it can be revealed on-stream. 

Stream on Wednesday, update on Thursday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is there a list of the changes anywhere?

I like the red nest has more cover, not sure about the red bend stronghold thouhg

What? There are solutions to fix every single fundamental issue that Halo 5 has, the problem is 343 is just too arrogant to give them a chance. They don't want to try any solution that might conflict with their vision of what Halo 5 should play like because it would hurt their pride/ego.

• Having at least two power-ups be on every map.
  • Having both power weapons and power-ups be on frequent static timers(60-90 seconds for power-ups/ two min for rockets).
  • Buffing the pistol to a 4 shot kill so it can be a more ideal utility weapon.
  • Disabling some of the spartan abilities or at least sprint.
  • Putting the respawn timer for team slayer to 5 seconds and putting the respawn timer for objective game types to 10 seconds.
  • Design maps that have predictable pathing or at least use some forge maps that have more predictable pathing than the current developer maps. Shoutout to @@MultiLockOn and @@Cursed Lemon for making this amazing video  https://youtu.be/CxJKxWPgfjc?t=1m34s

These are all solutions that would help alleviate the pacing issues that Halo 5 has and it would make the game have a more predictable and consistent flow. There is no need to keep radar(motion tracker) enabled as a band-aid solution when the root of the issue can easily be addressed.

I like this guy.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I actually cannot fucking wait for MM Preferences. It'll be good to feel like i was outplayed when I'm killed, and not killed because of the fucking aids connection.

Face when you perfect OpTiC St8 SicK on shit connection :wutface:

Face when you perfect OpTiC Straight SicK on shit connection :wutface:

FTFY

No doubt about it, Halo 3 will go down as one of the greatest games of all time. Nobody will be clamoring for a "Halo 5 Anniversary".

I honestly don't know anymore. With the weird wave of Reach kids I've had the pleasure of interacting with I'm starting to think anything is possible. People are actually saying that Reach was the best Halo game. Now don't get me wrong, the MLG settings were pretty dope, but to say that it was the best Halo? At least when I was consistently hating on Reach when it first came out I had every H3 kid supporting the notion, but now it's like a complete 180. I honestly just want H3 anni to be an ODST to H3 type of deal with MCC. 

But the second a Reach anni gets announced I'm jumping ship to CoD or BF. Also H4 Anni  :weback:

They've intentionally not shown any gameplay of Stasis so it can be revealed on-stream. 

Stream on Wednesday, update on Thursday.

Or even better.. ..stream on Wednesday.. ..update the day after Wednesday.  :kappa:

I'd be happy to help you out. What gameplay did you have in mind?

Gosh I don't know l. How do you go back for old clips.

OT but I am not sure if some of you are aware just how poorly the new COD game trailer has gone over, it has more than 1.5 million dislikes and only 2 hundread thousand likes that is nearly a 10% like to dislike ratio. the COD community casual and competitive seems to be sending a very clear message that they want classic cod back,

This raises an interesting question, how come they seem to be able to universally support a movement where as we can't, I mean it kinda baffles me, i mean halo 4's (the worst halo game ever made) has nowhere near this much negative comments, Our community (and yes i mean the halo community so Waypointers casuals competitive etc) cannot even agree on sprint, this specific community cannot agree on radar, the only thing we seemed to be certain of is our dislike for breakout. This really makes me think about just at what point 343 will manage to unite the halo community. What decisions do they have to make for the halo community to universally say fuck you. I really don't know at this point, I am stunned the cod community seem to be in unison (and that community is MUCH LARGER than ours), when we cant even agree on weapon starts for Christ sake. @@Ugug has been a lone crusader in the radar battle, where is his back-up.

So i will repeat the entire COD community can rally behind this movement but ours cannot even agree on sprint  and radar.  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

For those of you want to watch the trailer here it is: It is already the most disliked gaming related video of all time, and is in the top 6 most disliked video's EVER made.

• Upvote (+1) 4

OT but I am not sure if some of you are aware just how poorly the new COD game trailer has gone over, it has more than 1.5 million dislikes and only 2 hundread thousand likes that is nearly a 10% like to dislike ratio. the COD community casual and competitive seems to be sending a very clear message that they want classic cod back,

This raises an interesting question, how come they seem to be able to universally support a movement where as we can't, I mean it kinda baffles me, i mean halo 4's (the worst halo game ever made) has nowhere near this much negative comments, Our community (and yes i mena the halo community so way pointers casuals competitive etc) cannot even agree on sprint, this specific community cannot agree on radar, the only thing we seemed to be certain of is our dislike for breakout. This really makes me think about just at what point 343 will manage to unite the halo community. What decisions do they have to make for the halo community to universally say fuck you. I really don't know at this point, I cannot beleave the cod community seem to be in unison (and that community is MUCH LARGER than ours), we cant even agree on weapon starts for christ sake. 

So i will repeat the entire COD community can rally behind this movement but ours cannot even agree on sprint  and radar.  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

For those of you want to watch the trailer here it is: It is already the most disliked gaming related video of all time, and is in the top 6 most disliked video's EVER made.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a large amount of those dislikes are people jumping on the hate bandwagon. 

Regrading Breakout though, I'm pretty sure the only agreement people had was that it didn't belong in HCS or Team Arena, not exactly that it was a bad game mode.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a large amount of those dislikes are people jumping on the hate bandwagon. 

Regrading Breakout though, I'm pretty sure the only agreement people had was that it didn't belong in HCS or Team Arena, not exactly that it was a bad game mode.

That is a lot of people jumping on a bandwagon. And regardless if they are or they aren't jumping on the bandwagon, it sends a very clear message to the next developer with regard the gameplay fans want, it would take a brave man to completely dismiss this and go f it is just a stunt lets continue down a similar path.

The CEO of infinity ward has already had to reassure investors  about the games viability, this is serious for them, there only saving grace is the fact they have a pre order incentive where by the people who buy a certain edition get call of duty 4 remastered.