CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So when is the exact date of the betas release? It is like 10:00 AM PST on the 29th right? I'm sorry if this has been answered but I hope they'd release it at midnight like the other releases lol 

9AM PST

It obviously wasn't, I was simply stating that a 3-4 month pre-release beta 7 YEARS AGO worked better than the latest game they shipped and now we are getting a pre-release version. 343 doesn't get to play the "it's a beta so it's buggy" card when their latest game feels like a alpha 6 weeks after release.

But if you want to be that kinda guy: Starcraft WOL and HOTS + LoL + Dota 2 + CSGO all had betas way over 1 year before release that all worked way way way way better than MCC.

Look I'm mostly playing devils advocate here. I get that MCC released looking like complete shit and the Halo 3 beta worked. I'm saying that to the mainstream it would be very hard for this beta to be a complete failure because it's so far from release and it is a beta. These will be the excuses by 343 and people will just accept them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qmu15/how_to_install_the_halo_5_beta_right_now/

Go into the halo channel, watch all of the nightfall episodes (you can fast forward). Then go to the rewards tab up top, and select one of the nightfall armor halo 5 rewards. It'll take you to the download section for Halo 5. I'm installing it right now.

worked for me

Tried it and it launched my Beta app. Looks legit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qmu15/how_to_install_the_halo_5_beta_right_now/

Go into the halo channel, watch all of the nightfall episodes (you can fast forward). Then go to the rewards tab up top, and select one of the nightfall armor halo 5 rewards. It'll take you to the download section for Halo 5. I'm installing it right now.

worked for me

Yep, was just about to post this. It works.

If you do it through the Halo channel you are getting the old beta without the update. You will be downloading much more then you need to. 

How do you get to the rewards tab? I FF through all the episodes and nothing happened, 

Fast forward to the end of one episode, about 20 seconds before the end actually and let it end on its own. It should open a screen i136qt0.png

Go to Rewards and follow the instructions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you get to the rewards tab? I FF through all the episodes and nothing happened, 

press X while watching an episode

If you do it through the Halo channel you are getting the old beta without the update. You will be downloading much more then you need to. 

What? The download from Xbox LIVE automatically includes the latest patch (which actually makes the game 10MB smaller). 

They're downloading exactly what they need.

Fast forward to the end of one episode, about 20 seconds before the end actually and let it end on its own. It should open a screen i136qt0.png

Go to Rewards and follow the instructions.

Thank you :)

That cant be right? I mean they said the beta starts Dec 29th at 9am pst.

I misread. 29th, 5PM GMT UK time.

worked for me

I'm not quite sure that's the latest build, but I'm downloading it anyway.

So I just started my download through this weird way of doing it. Tried if you can just search for halo 5 on the marketplace, but that results in 2x MCC + "The Littlest Angel". I hope they don't seriously expect people to dl it this way?

What? The download from Xbox LIVE automatically includes the latest patch (which actually makes the game 10MB smaller). 

They're downloading exactly what they need.

They said if you already have it there will be a 7gb update. I did the Halo channel thing and did not have to download a update. It just took me to the main menu. So its the old beta without the update. 

May 11th 2007. Full game released September 25th 2007. 

Four months. 

Same for Reach actually. May 3rd 2010, full release September 14th 2010.

The H5 beta is actually 2 months after the (original) release date. In fact if you watch episode 2 of "The Sprint" in Feb. 2014 they say the map is for the beta and needs to be ready by summer.

We were going to have a 4 month early beta until MCC pushed everything back.

Question is... what are they doing with the extra year of dev time?

• Upvote (+1) 2

They said if you already have it there will be a 7gb update. I did the Halo channel thing and did not have to download a update. It just took me to the main menu. So its the old beta without the update. 

That's because the update has already downloaded for you.

xbox one will download updates while it is off, unless you change the power settings. you already have the update.

So I just started my download through this weird way of doing it. Tried if you can just search for halo 5 on the marketplace, but that results in 2x MCC + "The Littlest Angel". I hope they don't seriously expect people to dl it this way?

You won't be able to search for it, it is locked behind MCC and the Nightfall part of the Halo Channel so only those who own MCC can get it.

So I need to go through Halo Nightfall to DL the game, or will they officially release a download page for it?

So I need to go through Halo Nightfall to DL the game, or will they officially release a download page for it?

You'll be able to download it through the Extras menu on MCC but the Halo Channel way is a bypass until that's up and running.

• Upvote (+1) 1