CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Havent you ever been given a nickname in your life? an online tag is an extension of that, where you get to choose

Upvoting because this sig makes me laugh every time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally get a kick out of the fact that people have to call me teapot when were in a serious match. No matter who says it or what tone they use, it just sounds ridiculous hearing a grown man make serious call outs directed at my name.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Havent you ever been given a nickname in your life? an online tag is an extension of that, where you get to choose

A nickname that has no connection to my name? No.

Not all nicknames are related to real names.

Like workplace nicknames.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Saw this on reddit

https://m.imgur.com/a/hhZ4P#1J8EfKI

Played MCC the other day. Got a h3 game on Heretic. God it makes me despise h5. The way you can move and jump around that map while in combat and how it compares to how you move around truth(stop, turn, sprint, look directly at something, clamber, stop, turn, shoot, stop, turn, sprint, turn, shoot).

Think of how fluid combat can be on carbine side of midship/Heretic and how segregated it is on truth.

• Upvote (+1) 6

jts pretty common to have some

I think it's lame when people are so unimaginative that they have to use their own name.

To each their own.

I thought Sweet N Savery was pretty good personally.

Which btw was Ravens idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played MCC the other day. Got a h3 game on Heretic. God it makes me despise h5. The way you can move and jump around that map while in combat and how it compares to how you move around truth(stop, turn, sprint, look directly at something, clamber, stop, turn, shoot, stop, turn, sprint, turn, shoot).

Think of how fluid combat can be on carbine side of midship/Heretic and how segregated it is on truth.

Yea, but some people have more fun running around on empty Halo 5 maps than Halo 2 or 3 maps. So, you know, they should keep sprint all all that other shit in Halo because it's fun for those people. 

I'm so close to selling my Xbox though, gotta get some money for that GTX 1080! Only thing that's stopping me is the fact I didn't buy it, it was a gift from the gf for my birthday or something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not all nicknames are related to real names.

Like workplace nicknames.

they call me chad (short for Chadwick vonstophenberg) at my job. It's not even close to my real name.

Yea, but some people have more fun running around on empty Halo 5 maps than Halo 2 or 3 maps. So, you know, they should keep sprint all all that other shit in Halo because it's fun for those people. 

I'm so close to selling my Xbox though, gotta get some money for that GTX 1080! Only thing that's stopping me is the fact I didn't buy it, it was a gift from the gf for my birthday or something. 

The worst part(not really) about H5 is that if it's not a game you play on a consistent basis it's not fun at all. As soon as your skill level slips, you're fucked. There's no social so you can't just hop on and play the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The worst part(not really) about H5 is that if it's not a game you play on a consistent basis it's not fun at all. As soon as your skill level slips, you're fucked. There's no social so you can't just hop on and play the game. 

I disagree.

I've hardly been playing this game at all recently because of exams. Today is the first time I've played in over a week and I'm still having a lot of fun, definitely not playing particularly well though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I disagree.

I've hardly been playing this game at all recently because of exams. Today is the first time I've played in over a week and I'm still having a lot of fun, definitely not playing particularly well though.

What rank are you though?

The games mechanically intensive but unless you're legit competing you don't have to play daily. I took like a few 2 week breaks on the game and for the most part I was fine and I'm onyx 1700

Only alts are @@Justin 3ber and @@zZunair :kappa:

We never did say whether or not we had more :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

and I'm not stubborn enough to be Meanbean  :walshy:

I'd say I'm far less stubborn than most around here >.>

What rank are you though?

I just placed Diamond 4, although when I was playing a lot I was an Onyx 1700.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have a question

What drives some of you guys to have gamertags that have nothing to do with your own name or real identity? Doesn't it feel a little strange/childish to have people knowing you by this alter ego type name?

I'm epic in-game and out.

• Upvote (+1) 1