CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Am I the only person that has to go back and check my settings constantly because my aiming feels so incredibly different all the time? Sometimes I feel like I'm on 4 sens and other times I feel like I'm on 2. I don't get it.

It's the servers, aiming in this games changes with latency.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Saw that post, it made no sense to me. Like what does BF1 being set in WW1 have to do with Halo being like the older games?

As far as I could tell, BF1 is almost the same game just in a different period.

i think people automatically associated older war eras with classic shooter gameplay... i dont see that happening anytime soon.

loadouts, ads aiming, sprinting etc... that's all gonna be in bf1, no reason to remove that stuff, it's like people think soldiers i ww1 didn't know how to run?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm guessing that the slight crouched speed increase might make you show up on radar if you crouch jump around the map now. That's the only way such a small increase makes sense really. 

I'm guessing that the slight crouched speed increase might make you show up on radar if you crouch jump around the map now. That's the only way such a small increase makes sense really. 

Jesus if that's the case I'm going to just sell my Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a question 

What drives some of you guys to have gamertags that have nothing to do with your own name or real identity? Doesn't it feel a little strange/childish to have people knowing you by this alter ego type name?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Good thing I don't have work until 2pm waiting on this video until 2:30 am so far

Edit: @@Hard Way

I'm running into problems converting the Final Cut project into the .mov file.  It keeps stalling at 5%.  Quite frustrating.  It's never fast, but it usually does it if I let it go overnight.  Not the case last night.  Might need to sacrifice resolution.

I have a question 

What drives some of you guys to have gamertags that have nothing to do with your own name or real identity? Doesn't it feel a little strange/childish to have people knowing you by this alter ego type name?

I think it's lame when people are so unimaginative that they have to use their own name.

To each their own.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have a question 

I don't wanna get my ass dox

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a question 

Not really, but most people don't call me by my gamertag anyway. Everyone who knows me calls me Nick. Save when I'm being introduced but that goes something like "This is Poseidon, or Nick". The only time I think gamertags are childish are when it's something like "UrGarbage" or something similar.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not really, but most people don't call me by my gamertag anyway. Everyone who knows me calls me Nick. Save when I'm being introduced but that goes something like "This is Poseidon, or Nick". The only time I think gamertags are childish are when it's something like "UrGarbage" or something similar.

That doesn't seem strange though?

Like, would you introduce yourself in any other setting as "nick, or posiedon"?

I have a question 

I'd rather not put my full name in my gamertag, have someone look up my Facebook and start stalking me and my family.

I don't find it weird when people call me Rhino, Moa, etc over the years. Once I know these people well enough, they all start calling me Rhys. 

You see the same thing in music, wrestling, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I ever met someone from XBL at a LAN or something I'd use poseidon to find someone who knew me. Gamertags aren't really for your friends to call you by forever (unless it's just your new nickname) it's for people who don't know you to put a name to a profile. Some people just don't want to use their real names. I used to but decided I wanted a different screen name that matched something else I enjoyed reading about, but still had people call me Nick.

I'd rather not put my full name in my gamertag, have someone look up my Facebook and start stalking me and my family.

I don't find it weird when people call me Rhino, Moa, etc over the years. Once I know these people well enough, they all start calling me Rhys. 

You see the same thing in music, wrestling, etc.

and then when you get extra close, one can call you crumpet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

and then when you get extra close, one can call you crumpet.

Exactly.

I've considered changing my GT to The Little Crumpet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm Andy

There are many like it

But this is my Andy

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've had nicknames be my gt at one point.. Even went through the phase of matching gts with a clan. After that I said fuck it and tried to go with something more simple and easy to identify. 

I'm all for people being creative. I don't care what you do, but if you are one of the guys who puts shit like 69 or 7 X's on each side of your name then I'm going to laugh hysterically at you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea for the most part I've been annoyed by my tags, most of them originating as jokes or something. Once I started to go to in person tournaments I felt pretty childish (only to myself choose w/e tag you like) so I've been using my real name as my GT and Tournament Tag now. Not to mention my name is pretty unique as is so it works as both :P

I don't personally think so - it's no different than a nickname. My name is Tyler, but my family all call my Ty. Sure, it's weird when someone outside of my family calls me Ty, but it's just meh. 

I would only ever introduce myself as 'heytred' if the context was right. I never went to an MLG event and introduced myself as Tyler because the next question was always, "What's your gamertag/forum username?" Not to mention, this happens lots of places - sports, the music industry, with artists, authors, etc. 

I just view them in a way as two different identities. No different than how say "Skrillex" and "Sonny Moore" are two different identities or when I was the Army, "SGT Owens" and "Tyler" were. The separation makes sense to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had nicknames be my gt at one point.. Even went through the phase of matching gts with a clan. After that I said fuck it and tried to go with something more simple and easy to identify. 

I'm all for people being creative. I don't care what you do, but if you are one of the guys who puts shit like 69 or 7 X's on each side of your name then I'm going to laugh hysterically at you.

I used to have XiOpticBarrel  (Which is from a game called Blazblue) then I played COD........ So many hate messages swung my way

Havent you ever been given a nickname in your life? an online tag is an extension of that, where you get to choose

• Upvote (+1) 2