CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Agreed to both.  Even with sprint and no descope, H4 2v2 with the Slayer Pro settings was good fun.  I'd take H4 Slayer Pro over H3 dubs and it's horrible shot registration and equipment everywhere, or Reach's no stopping power sprint + no bleed through melees, and Jetpacks.  

Vanilla H4 deserves every bit of hate it gets around here, but that Turbo update made the game pretty damn fun in the end.

Edit:  Also @, the vid is done.  Just waiting for upload.

I can't wait to hear how trash I am fam. :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll second that. Quality balance of Forge and Dev maps, clean sandbox, online ranks if you cared (but good skill matching nonetheless)

Excited to see what H5 Doubles brings to the table.

Excited? With 343's track record?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry man but you literally have the wrong opinion.

I'm not even kidding lol.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll second that. Quality balance of Forge and Dev maps, clean sandbox, online ranks if you cared (but good skill matching nonetheless)

Gonna be great a year and a half from now

:kappa:  but seriously where's the double playlist?

Excited? With 343's track record?

Considering they like what 343 did with dubs in h4, this post ends up being needless trolling dude. We don't need to come to that in our discussion with people who don't mind 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Waiting for this @@Hard Way video has me impatient af

Waiting for Hard Ways video and Liffestyle's video is soul destroying
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Good thing I don't have work until 2pm waiting on this video until 2:30 am so far

Edit: @@Hard Way

Am I the only person that has to go back and check my settings constantly because my aiming feels so incredibly different all the time? Sometimes I feel like I'm on 4 sens and other times I feel like I'm on 2. I don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only person that has to go back and check my settings constantly because my aiming feels so incredibly different all the time? Sometimes I feel like I'm on 4 sens and other times I feel like I'm on 2. I don't get it.

Are you playing other shooters aswell?

Cause that's what fucks me up the most. Loading up Halo 3, and I'm aiming like Killer N for no reason.

Are you playing other shooters aswell?

Cause that's what fucks me up the most. Loading up Halo 3, and I'm aiming like Killer N for no reason.

Just a little but of CoD,but predominantly Halo 5. Maybe it's my controller I don't even know anymore.

Just another night of "ranked" Halo 5

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sploosh%20McGoosh/screenshot/4199451

I love the part where no one on my team was a higher rank than anyone on the other team. Like, this is the stuff that turns people away from the game. Why mention that you don't want ANYONE to get smashed and quit, when this system does EXACTLY THAT.

Mind-boggling.

Ouch, you guys definitely should of had that Champion, and one Onyx on your team.

I'd even argue that MMR shouldn't even exist. It creates frustration. Because it's hidden, people typically don't think about it when looking at the carnage report. You may be low diamond, while going up against Onyx and low Champion players with lower MMRs, but you don't know anything about their MMR. All you know are the ranks, and getting smashed by a squad that totally outranks yours is very discouraging.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, was redeeming about Halo 4. Not the multiplayer mechanics, not the story, not the writing, certainly not the soundtrack, not the UI, not the forge, not the theatre, not the post game DLC, not the post game support with patches, not the matchmaking playlists, not the physics engine, not the weapon sandbox, nothing.

Actually...let me take that back.

I liked the voice actor for the Didact. That's all.

https://youtu.be/3cIFNDy2zDM?t=82

Good for you, hardly an argument against what I said though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ouch, you guys definitely should of had that Champion, and one Onyx on your team.

I'd even argue that MMR shouldn't even exist. It creates frustration. Because it's hidden, people typically don't think about it when looking at the carnage report. You may be low diamond, while going up against Onyx and low Champion players with lower MMRs, but you don't know anything about their MMR. All you know are the ranks, and getting smashed by a squad that totally outranks yours is very discouraging.

If I were some random kid playing and I saw that I matched a team that high compared to my team then I probably wouldn't bother playing Arena. It's just ridiculous that rank basically means nothing and you are being matched off a stat that you aren't aware of. I agree about the MMR thing. I mean what's the point of the visible rank if it's not even accurate?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Alright, so what have I missed?

I see that 343 has completely missed the point (as usual) and has increased crouching speed instead of getting rid of radar...

So let me get this straight...

343 brags about how fast the movement in Halo 5 is. 343 fanboys on Reddit circlejerk about how they "feel like a Spartan™" while they sprint, clamber and thrust through the levels, only to start crouching around corners with an AR like a cripple everytime they get within radar range of an enemy...

With this slightly buffed crouch speed, now I'll REALLY feel like a Spartan™!

No but seriously, does anyone want to explain to me WTF the point in all these movement abilties is if I'm expected to crawl around at a snails pace half the game? I don't give a shit if I appear on radar, I refuse to crouch in an arena FPS. If I wanted to play a game that required me to constantly crouch around corners I'd play Counter Strike. I play an arena FPS because I want fast movement.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Alright, so what have I missed?

I see that 343 has completely missed the point (as usual) and has increased crouching speed instead of getting rid of radar...

So let me get this straight...

343 brags about how fast the movement in Halo 5 is. 343 fanboys on Reddit circlejerk about how they "feel like a Spartan™" while they sprint, clamber and thrust through the levels, only to start crouching around corners with an AR like a cripple everytime they get within radar range of an enemy...

With this slightly buffed crouch speed, now I'll REALLY feel like a Spartan™!

No but seriously, does anyone want to explain to me WTF the point in all these movement abilties is if I'm expected to crawl around at a snails pace half the game? I don't give a shit if I appear on radar, I refuse to crouch in an arena FPS. If I wanted to play a game that required me to constantly crouch around corners I'd play Counter Strike. I play an arena FPS because I want fast movement.

@@Sal1ent @@Deez

Plz respond. ^^

IF this crouch speed buff is too game breaking then I'm going to mod my button layout so I can crouch without having to click the left stick, I'll probably move it to one of the paddles.

God I hope this doesn't play like shit.

Halo 4 Doubles with Slayer Pro settings is some of the most fun I've had playing Halo.

It didn't last long, but it was amazing when it was an option.

I can't remember now; did that still have ordinance drops and railguns on the maps still? Those things broke doubles in that game.

There's a handful of bad maps that made it through as well, sadly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent @@Deez

Plz respond. ^^

IF this crouch speed buff is too game breaking then I'm going to mod my button layout so I can crouch without having to click the left stick, I'll probably move it to one of the paddles.

God I hope this doesn't play like shit.

Do we even know if it's even a noticeable game changing difference?

The way I read it, I assumed it would be something so minor, like a 2% movement speed buff to crouch. Nothing major.

Do we even know if it's even a noticeable game changing difference?

The way I read it, I assumed it would be something so minor, like a 2% movement speed buff to crouch. Nothing major.

So they have been spending precious man hours buffing crouch speeds by the tiniest percentages possible? I think I would be just as ticked off if thy were the case. "Hey instead of testing no radar or rebalanced autos we have been tinkering with crouch walk speeds by the tiniest margin possible."
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think you're in the minority at all. I think it's safe to say my opinions regarding autos are definitely the minority among the competitive scene .

My ability to analyze gameplay that already exists is separate from my opinions regarding the design of the Halo weapon sandbox, and, although my opinions/defense of the default settings are definitely against "good logic" -- they don't reflect my opinions for an ideal design for the Halo franchise. I just avoid talking about those opinions on here surrounded by circular logic and essentially barking at the moon toward 343 regarding changes that will likely never see the light of day anyway.

I like autos. They are more skillful than people realize. But I don't think their design is ideal, nor do I think they are balanced. But that imbalance doesn't spell "the end of the world" to me, and I think a large part of their skill in the context of Halo 5 ties into the game's mobility. Thruster usage and number of trigger pulls determine the outcome of an auto battle. Not just randomness. So I don't think their existence is the end of the world.

What "circular logic" are you referring to?

Just so you know, I wasn't saying you were a bad analyst. I wouldn't know because I haven't watched your videos.

I don't think you're in the minority at all. I think it's safe to say my opinions regarding autos are definitely the minority among the competitive scene .

My ability to analyze gameplay that already exists is separate from my opinions regarding the design of the Halo weapon sandbox, and, although my opinions/defense of the default settings are definitely against "good logic" -- they don't reflect my opinions for an ideal design for the Halo franchise. I just avoid talking about those opinions on here surrounded by circular logic and essentially barking at the moon toward 343 regarding changes that will likely never see the light of day anyway.

I like autos. They are more skillful than people realize. But I don't think their design is ideal, nor do I think they are balanced. But that imbalance doesn't spell "the end of the world" to me, and I think a large part of their skill in the context of Halo 5 ties into the game's mobility. Thruster usage and number of trigger pulls determine the outcome of an auto battle. Not just randomness. So I don't think their existence is the end of the world.

Whoa there's more than 2 of us that have this opinion on Autos? We should make a political party for H5

Also I've always thought that Thrust usage in any battle for the most part is the turning point of the battle.

That comment thread has me HEATED.

The top comment is ridiculous (the one about playing the game just because it's fun) because with that argument, he should be fine with the way Halo 4 handled matchmaking and gameplay elements.

Don't get me wrong, Halo 4's multiplayer was the absolute bottom of the franchise, but if I wanted to just derp around and have fun, ordinance/loadouts increased that dynamic for me and a lot of my friends.

The whole population argument is absurd. Lack of playlists is not a result of lack of population. That's a paradox. Less people play the game when there's less variation, and then you limit the variation because less people are playing?

People need incentive to keep on playing (or to play competitively at all) to increase replay value. How many people do you think would still run Destiny's raid every week if you didn't get any loot? Or how many people would continue to play CoD4 in 2007 if there was no progression systems in place (camos, weapon unlocks, xp level, ect.)

You have to put your mind in the eyes of a casual halo player, or gamer for that matter.

most avg gamers dont even know what lag is if it hit them in the face, they're completely ignorant to it. Furthermore, ranks, competition, etc, are all clueless to them. they just view halo as a fun sandbox shooter with sci fi elements and warthogs in btb.

So they have been spending previous man hours buffing crouch speeds by the tiniest percentages possible? I think I would be just as ticked off if thy were the case. "Hey instead of testing no radar or rebalanced autos we have been tinkering with crouch walk speeds by the tiniest margin possible."

Well it is 343i, I really hope they to tinker a bit with auto's and sort the radar out.