CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Man the autos in this game make me want to throw up knowing how easy they are to use.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The music in my opinion was amazing, Arrival (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5A15Dy3D-I ) is one of my favourite video game OST's of all time (sad to not see it re-appear in Halo 5). There was a real sense of urgency and emotion I felt in the last level of Halo 4 that I haven't felt in a Halo game since maybe the last mission of Halo 3, the art design in Midnight was really out of the world, and it has become one of my favourite halo missions to replay of all time. 

This was the first song I heard from the H4 OST, and I personally don't understand the praise it receives. I find it very bland and repetitive when compared to the complex and layered songs we had during the Marty years. It moves in one direction, there are no twists and turns, just that same back and forth melody over and over, and the drums don't sound real to me.

I was so hyped when I heard Neil Davidge was composing (I even pre-ordered the collectors edition of the soundtrack), which maybe made the final product very disappointing for me. I can't even remember more than two or three melodies from H4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did they now? You've confirmed this with every single one of them I presume?

Someone preferring game A to game B does not mean they dislike game B. Yes the population dropped fairly quickly, faster than for old Halos, as is normal for the majority of games released now. That indicates that it wasn't as well received as previous Halos which no one is disputing, it's no indication that the game is bad.

I'd also argue that a large factor in the population drop was, as we've been discussing, the disappointment due to differences with classic Halo.

I do agree H5 plays far better though.

H4 was so bad that it didn't just make me stop playing h4. It made me sell my Xbox. It made me not game at all for nearly a year. It made me buy a ps4. It is the worst game I have ever played because whatever redeming qualities it has are overshadowed by the massive middle finger it gave to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

This was the first song I heard from the H4 OST, and I personally don't understand the praise it receives. I find it very bland and repetitive when compared to the complex and layered songs we had during the Marty years. It moves in one direction, there are no twists and turns, just that same back and forth melody over and over, and the drums don't sound real to me.

I was so hyped when I heard Neil Davidge was composing (I even pre-ordered the collectors edition of the soundtrack), which maybe made the final product very disappointing for me. I can't even remember more than two or three melodies from H4.

I do agree with you it's very simple and repetitive when you listen to it on its own. But for me the first time I heard Arrival was when I played the last section of the last mission of Halo 4, and honesty it's meld's BRILLIANTLY with whats actually going on on an emotional level. In general Halo 4's music hit a different tone than previous Halo's did. Thats why I really enjoy Halo 5's OST because it blends this style with the older Halo's, and we get a whole array of different musical tones to accompany the campaign. 

The only other sound tracks I liked was 117( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIJV8XrCEIto Halo 5 in the remix really well) and Lasky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWm-a5Pdfhs ) Did you enjoy those?

The point you made about the drums not sounding real is a very interesting one, and its a major problem I feel Halo 4 has in regards to sound design, and I really don't know how to explain it. There was a very artificial "weird" feel to a lot of the sound effects, plasma pistol, battle rifle etc... all sounded really messed up and non-existent. I really don't know what it is.

If I had to compare Halo 4's overall soundtrack to previous Halo's, only a couple of them would be able to stand up. But in comparison games in general, I feel it's like in the top crowd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H4 was so bad that it didn't just make me stop playing h4. It made me sell my Xbox. It made me not game at all for nearly a year. It made me buy a ps4. It is the worst game I have ever played because whatever redeming qualities it has are overshadowed by the massive middle finger it gave to me.

I played it fairly regularly and enjoyed it.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I played it fairly regularly and enjoyed it.

You and 10 other people.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Man the autos in this game make me want to throw up knowing how easy they are to use.

Yet tiberiusaudley, who is considered by some to be an intelligent analyst, thinks they are good for the game. I never thought I'd be in the minority in a competitive halo forum for thinking that spawning with a strong AR is bad for the game

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yet tiberiusaudley, who is considered by some to be an intelligent analyst, thinks they are good for the game. I never thought I'd be in the minority in a competitive halo forum for thinking that spawning with a strong AR is bad for the game

The guy told me I shouldn't assassinate beginners (or do other things) that wouldn't work against better players because it would hurt my gameplay overall. LOL. 

You and 10 other people.

Jesus, you're not even trying to be objective. You're just totally ignoring the points of the other side. "I hate it for xyz, anybody who enjoyed it is wrong and i don't care because they're the minority".

• Upvote (+1) 4

How did Audley, the colonel grade 8 thousand master theory kid who had head scratching btb opinions become an esports analyst?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

anybody who enjoyed it is wrong and i don't care because they're the minority".

Sounds about right.

H4 doesn't deserve to be debated in an intelligent manner.

Isn't this a h5 thread?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

How did Audley, the colonel grade 8 thousand master theory kid who had head scratching btb opinions become an esports analyst?

He has to be doing it for free.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I get why people dislikes H4 as much as they did, but I still really enjoyed it. Not so much for its gameplay, but it brought my friends and I back into playing competitively and wanting to compete in AGL. So just the time spent with my friends is what made it so enjoyable.

That being said, I still probably would have played H4 over CoD, Battlefield, or whatever else was out at the time.

Because Halo 5 is catered towards bad players who didn't have any success in other games.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@TiberiusAudley

Figured you should at least be told when people are shit talking and bashing you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because Halo 5 is catered towards bad players who didn't have any success in other games.

You gotta be kidding me with this statement.

You think just because everyone in a match of Slayer has an AR in their loadout, it'll make the overall experience for a casual player soooo much easier? Or hey, maybe they waltz into Warzone with a couple Rocket Launchers and an ONI Hog in their REQ selection, and suddenly the game becomes a cake walk for them?

The hell, man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No wonder you're only good in Warzone. :kappa:

Anyone else exited for the new update? Really hoping the sensitivity update makes aiming feel great again.

No wonder you're only good in Warzone. :kappa:

Don't you have 3000 played games of WZ kiddo??
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I do, but I'm also good at Arena. I just never bother playing, anymore. :P

You ain't got the juice like that. 

I do, but I'm also good at Arena. I just never bother playing, anymore. :P

Because you're bad

So you are both a BK and a hypocrite

• Upvote (+1) 1