CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Mouse and keyboard over controller all day every day. You make it sound like it's hard to use/pick up and play. CS is easy to learn but hard as fuck to master.

While I understand the sentiment, a keyboard feels like an office environment while a console controller feels like relax time.

Kinda torn to tell the truth. I'm kind of a new generation Halo Player started on Halo 2 but i was like 5 and didn't get live until Halo 3's last year 2009-2010.

I really like the look of Halo 5 but dear god Aim Down Sights.......

I've never been this torn on a Game i'm ok with sprint as long as its balanced, but ADS is literally the number one thing that makes this game look horrible to me its not COD and I don't think I can get over it.

IDK because I actually liked competitive Halo 4 most likely because it was the first title where I took esports Seriously but god Halo 5 just looks. Weird.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My reaction when watching someone play Halo 5 and they will not stop sprinting with no shields. 

bSBxjqh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I was just watching a Halo 5 video from a YouTube user named ChimneySwift11, innocently watching the gameplay and getting to know Halo 5 a little more, when about 3 minutes into the video he suddenly starts mocking people who dislike changes that are being made in Halo 5. He literally put on a mopey voice in an attempt to invalidate people who don't worship and love every detail about the game.
Are there any YouTubers making Halo 5 content that don't have a suspicious defensiveness for Halo 5 and 343? It's getting ridiculous.

Anyway, I love the name of the new beta map: Pegasus. Have we seen all of the beta maps now? I think we've seen the two versions of the Breakout map; we've seen Truth; we've seen Regret; we've seen the two versions of Empire, and now Pegasus?

And wow, apparently you get a medal whenever you get a kill with the Hydra, a weapon that locks on to the enemies. Good going 343, good going.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So given MCC's current state and the fact that this is the night before the beta, I'd say we should all start praying that it actually works. I'm not a men of faith in any way shape or form, and I know that we all have our own opinions on sprint, smartscope, spartan abilities, weapons, maps etc. pp. but I think we can all agree that we want the beta to actually work. I never thought I'd say this, but right now I seriously just want h5 to work. Let me get even games with people on a similar skill level, allow me to play with my friends, have a working ingame chat, decent hit registration and most important of all: I don't want to restart it after every other game.

Before MCC came out, I thought I wouldn't spent much time with the beta given that I could play CE/H2C online with the sickest ranking system on dedicated servers. Given how frustrating MCC is to use, I just wanna have a playable Halo game. I fear that even that might be too much to ask for now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know if the smartglass app would let you begin preloading the game remotely? Like if I'm at work could I start downloading it as soon as it's 10AM PST?

Does anyone know if the smartglass app would let you begin preloading the game remotely? Like if I'm at work could I start downloading it as soon as it's 10AM PST?

I don't think you'll be able to do it through the Smartglass app. You'll likely have to start downloading it in-game from the Extras menu like the Halo: Reach beta w/ Halo 3: ODST.

So I was just watching a Halo 5 video from a YouTube user named ChimneySwift11, innocently watching the gameplay and getting to know Halo 5 a little more, when about 3 minutes into the video he suddenly starts mocking people who dislike changes that are being made in Halo 5. He literally put on a mopey voice in an attempt to invalidate people who don't worship and love every detail about the game.

Are there any YouTubers making Halo 5 content that don't have a suspicious defensiveness for Halo 5 and 343? It's getting ridiculous.

Anyway, I love the name of the new beta map: Pegasus. Have we seen all of the beta maps now? I think we've seen the two versions of the Breakout map; we've seen Truth; we've seen Regret; we've seen the two versions of Empire, and now Pegasus?

And wow, apparently you get a medal whenever you get a kill with the Hydra, a weapon that locks on to the enemies. Good going 343, good going.

This is the great thing about this beta, we don't have to go from other's opinions and we can finally say what we feel about it. Out of the group of guys I played with, I was the most optimistic about Reach and Halo 4 but this isn't the case from Halo 5. I'm not trying to hate it, but from the gameplay I've seen so far, I cannot see myself liking it. I'm going to try keep an open mind playing it though and hopefully can get some enjoyment from all the new features.

As for the medals, I honestly thought H3 had it about perfect, the only one that was missing from that game that I wouldn't of minded seeing was the assist medal. I don't need a medal for every single kill, I don't need a medal for when someone is reloading and I kill them, same with avenger/revenge/distraction/generic kill etc, all pointless imo. If they insist on keeping all the new ones in, I wish they wouldn't pop up in-game and only show on the stats after the game, something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I for one hope the h5 beta is a spectacular failure, I feel like 343 deserves the embarassment, I'd personally love to see them fall flat on their face again.

If MCC worked i'd feel differently.

It's sad to say but this about sums it up for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I for one hope the h5 beta is a spectacular failure, I feel like 343 deserves the embarassment, I'd personally love to see them fall flat on their face again.

It's sad to say but this about sums it up for me.

aside from everything in H5 that I dislike, and it being the first Halo I will not purchase at launch. 

I am with you, and will be shocked if H5 beta works properly.  343 has failed at everything they have done so far with Halo - so my hopes are not high at all.  Especially after watching many hours of Beta gameplay.  It just is not something I feel will hit. 

Sure, will there be tons of hype at launch?  Yup

But my assumption is the same thing will happen after a few months that did with H4. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It'd be really hard for this beta to "fail." No matter what happens 343 will say it's because it's a beta.

It'd be really hard for this beta to "fail." No matter what happens 343 will say it's because it's a beta.

The halo 3 beta worked better than MCC. I did not have to restart it once. I could join my friends easily. It had even teams + skill based matchmaking. Even though it was not intended, you could even play customs and they worked better than MCC's. I honestly don't think "it's a beta" is a legitimate excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 4

when is the Beta for the preload ??. 

Around 10AM PST, so shortly.

The halo 3 beta worked better than MCC. I did not have to restart it once. I could join my friends easily. It had even teams + skill based matchmaking. Even though it was not intended, you could even play customs and they worked better than MCC's. I honestly don't think "it's a beta" is a legitimate excuse.

Was the Halo 3 beta ~11 months before Halo 3 released?

Anyways I'm not arguing what people here personally think about what deems a beta to be a success or a failure. I'm saying that it would be pretty damn hard for the beta to be a "spectacular failure" in the eyes of everyone including the mainstream.

Anyways I'm not arguing what people here personally think about what deems a beta to be a success or a failure. I'm saying that it would be pretty damn hard for the beta to be a "spectacular failure" in the eyes of everyone including the mainstream.

May 11th 2007. Full game released September 25th 2007. 

Four months. 

Same for Reach actually. May 3rd 2010, full release September 14th 2010.

It obviously wasn't, I was simply stating that a 3-4 month pre-release beta 7 YEARS AGO worked better than the latest game they shipped and now we are getting a pre-release version. 343 doesn't get to play the "it's a beta so it's buggy" card when their latest game feels like a alpha 6 weeks after release.

But if you want to be that kinda guy: Starcraft WOL and HOTS + LoL + Dota 2 + CSGO all had betas way over 1 year before release that all worked way way way way better than MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will we be able to play the beta as soon as its 29th in the UK?

Yes

So when is the exact date of the betas release? It is like 10:00 AM PST on the 29th right? I'm sorry if this has been answered but I hope they'd release it at midnight like the other releases lol